How many snaps did Dareus get?

Sky Diver

Mcdermott is trying to establish a ceryain level of expectation. Production is secondary. Doing your best is more important. Mcdermott doesnt care about productivity as much as he cares about guys maximizing their potential. A philosophy I happen to agree with. Its why Watkins is gone who interestingly enough did nothing this weekend. As Bill Parcells once said. I want guys who will do the right thing MOST of time. Translation I dont want a guy whose gonna run for 200 yards and fumble it four times on the goal line.

I disagree on Watkins. Watkins is gone because he takes away from team first mentality McD wants to instill. Watkins worries about his numbers. Marcel played NT for Rex after have good sack #'s with Jim Shorts. Marcel's only issue as far as I can tell is he likes weed. If he's not under suspension or late or taking away from the team in that way, play him.

Edited by CuddyDark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 snaps. Based on playing time, they see him as the 4th best DT on the team

Perhaps it’s because he has seemed out of shape. When he has had more snaps he’s not done well, so maybe the thinking is that less snaps will yield better results.

Another reason to hate Marcell:

2011 NFL Draft

#3 Marcell Dareus

#4 A. J. Green

Of course, it would have been stupid to waste a top three draft pick on a receiver without a quarterback who could throw the ball to him. Hey wait a minute. . .

Yes. Hate him because he called up one Bills Drive with his agent and demanded to be drafted by Buffalo.

Yes. Hate him because he called up one Bills Drive with his agent and demanded to be drafted by Buffalo.

He was a classic Tom Donahoe pick.

TD didn't even interview him, IIRC. Just picked him out of the Ourlads draft guide....

Bills had one sack yesterday. Who got it?

I haven't disagreed with much with regard to McDermott, but his treatment of Dareus is pathetic and I think it's stupid.

At this point, McD is cutting his skinny little Michael Jackson nose off to spite his face.

2011 NFL Draft

#3 Marcell Dareus

#4 A. J. Green

Of course, it would have been stupid to waste a top three draft pick on a receiver without a quarterback who could throw the ball to him. Hey wait a minute. . .

AJ Green is a great player, but he has never had as good of an individual season as Dareus did in 2014.

Edited by dave mcbride

I loved the TV video of him at the end of the game when he was trading jerseys with someone on the Bengals. Way to go Marcel! Keep that home collection well stocked for your retirement years. ;)

This is a common practice across the league.

Ahhh .. yes. They always look for the drama..

No, I don't think they were looking for drama....it was just coincidental that the camera focused on him. If you watch a lot of football it's generally a coincidence when you get to see any of the game at all. The camera work is horrific! Nothing but close-ups of faces and read ends, with the occasional shot of down and distance. Terrible.

No, I don't think they were looking for drama....it was just coincidental that the camera focused on him. If you watch a lot of football it's generally a coincidence when you get to see any of the game at all. The camera work is horrific! Nothing but close-ups of faces and read ends, with the occasional shot of down and distance. Terrible.

Iwatch a lot of football and am always impressed by the camera work, actually.

And I also think they look for drama 100% of the time.

Bills had one sack yesterday. Who got it?

I haven't disagreed with much with regard to McDermott, but his treatment of Dareus is pathetic and I think it's stupid.

At this point, McD is cutting his skinny little Michael Jackson nose off to spite his face.

Agree. If Dareus doesn't play significant time after the bye I really question McDermott. If Glenn and Dareus are healthy after the bye, they both should be in the starting line up. It's not like these guys are average players.

I was over Dareus a long time ago. He chose to be Haynesworth. He knows he's loaded with talent yet we'll never get to see his true potential. McD is rightfully done with his act. His off field actions do matter. He got his big payday and it's all downhill from here. It won't surprise me in the slightest when he's released after this season.

Kinda sacrilegious to say this, but to my eyes Kyle Williams is not playing all that well this season. He's not nearly as disruptive as in the past, and despite a lot of playing time he has very, very few tackles.

Father Time is undefeated

2011 NFL Draft

#3 Marcell Dareus

#4 A. J. Green

:worthy:

Marcell could be one of the top 5 defenders in the NFL. They just need to get into his head. Unfortunately, Kyle just can't play at a high level any more. Lawson has yet to show why he was a 1st round pick. I see some changes coming for our DL next offseason.