so we single cover AJ Green with no safety help?

Im still shocked at the idiocy of that move. Dalton and AJ must've been laughing about it after the 77 yard pitch and catch that ultimately was the difference in the game.

Cant blame TreD, I'm assuming it was some kind of mental error by Hyde? Did anyone see anything in the post game?

The cornerstone of the McD/Frasier defenses has always been safety containment to avoid that exact type of play.

10 men on the field at the end of the Atlanta game and then we start a tough Cinci road game with that. Shades of Rob n Rex.

I think it was by design mcdermott was asked if there was supposed to be help, and he responded that we need to be in the lead position there. Im sure it Tre has learned thst in single coverage gr must plsy the lead technique.

Im still shocked at the idiocy of that move. Dalton and AJ must've been laughing about it after the 77 yard pitch and catch that ultimately was the difference in the game.

Cant blame TreD, I'm assuming it was some kind of mental error by Hyde? Did anyone see anything in the post game?

The cornerstone of the McD/Frasier defenses has always been safety containment to avoid that exact type of play.

10 men on the field at the end of the Atlanta game and then we start a tough Cinci road game with that. Shades of Rob n Rex.

Proves McD is in over his head.

White was grading out well and they bought into it thinking he's all of a sudden Revis in his prime but should have know this was coming against a team with a healthy, elite WR like Green.

Same reason I do prescribe to the theory we would have lost against the Falcons if they had a healthy Jones and Sanu in the 2nd half last week. They also did anyway without them.

White was grading out well and they bought into it thinking he's all of a sudden Revis in his prime but should have know this was coming against a team with a healthy, elite WR like Green.

Same reason I do prescribe to the theory we would have lost against the Falcons if they had a healthy Jones and Sanu in the 2nd half last week. They also did anyway without them.

I know you dont believe what you just typed. This year so far we are the leagues all around number one defense. Why could possibly believe that he is in over his head? Is it because they havent started peterman? If thats the case let me know now so i can stop conversing with you.

On the TD play, I wondered why Tre didn't have safety help behind him. Then I realized that they did it because Tre is our best CB, and with our second best out with an injury, the safeties were needed elsewhere.

You can't have the same exact coverage the entire game. You have a 1st round corner that just got beat. It happens. If it's just that easy to just have a safety over the top 100% of the time against a good WR...there would never be a deep ball completed.

Yea you gotta mix it up. Corners get beat

He was right there on the second one but tracking AJ Green im sure is almost impossible so he was a half second off in getting his head around

That will come I have no doubts

after that they double teamed Green most of the game. the db's just didn't know where the ball was. if they turned their head they would have picked off a few more. Dalton was just throwing it up for grabs

Yes.

we weren't getting a ton of pressure, if you bring extra rushers then you're less likely to have help

May as well send a linebacker though - because they obviously aren't very good at pass defense anyway.

Dalton sucks under pressure. Many missed opportunities. Especially after the guy was gimpy at that one point. Should have hit him repeatedly with overwhelming pressure right after that and finished him. AJ was warming up on the bench. Bills could have destroyed them.

On the TD play, I wondered why Tre didn't have safety help behind him. Then I realized that they did it because Tre is our best CB, and with our second best out with an injury, the safeties were needed elsewhere.

They still had a safety on that side of the field. He took 3-4 steps forward just before the snap, but then backed off...basically covering air instead of helping over the top. I think it was a matter of player error. Learn and move on.

i guess thats what I dont get. The only thing I can think of is our safeties didnt realize it was AJ out there and thought it was #16 or 14. There is no corner that can cover him one on one. He's one of the best to ever play and he's still in his prime.

I think we win that game without that mental error. McD should have called timeout if he recognized it. Dalton sure did, and Green was open by 5 yards.

They did just fine. The only reason it was such a tough play was because it went for so many yards. If Green makes that same catch in the end zone, it's still seven points and nobody says much of anything. Tre did a great job the rest of the day. Corners are going to get beat now and then. Especially rookies.

It's not like they said - cover green all game with no help. He screwed up on that play and lost him.

it was one play where they had 8 in the box to stop a Mixon run which they had been calling up until then. Got caught by surprise. Simple as that. It happens.

That last one were Green got to the 5, White actually had good coverage on him. It was just he didn't find the ball.

And there was no safety help on that play because we blitzed.

On the first one we had a safety up in the box and the other was cheating to Wright's side (as the backup corner).

Ultimately a 5th game rookie got schooled by one of the best in the business. It happens.

after that they double teamed Green most of the game. the db's just didn't know where the ball was. if they turned their head they would have picked off a few more. Dalton was just throwing it up for grabs

A lot of successful big yardage qb's do this OFTEN. The only time Tyrod ever tried this he threw for like 130 and two td's to Sammy alone in that KC game first half. He had some awesome throws that half but one of those Sammy tds' he threw it up for grabs and let the superior athlete (Sammy) out maneuver the CB and actually make an easy catch for a td.

you know that's what I was thinking the entire game... why are we playing MAN when our secondary's banged up? when it's known that's NOT our strength? why wasn't there ANY help? And FVCK OUR FRONT 7 COULDN'T TOUCH ANDY! HE WAS CLEAN AS A WEDDING CAKE GROOM! SITTING ON TOP OF HIS CREAMY MOUNTAIN LOOKING DOWN AND PICKING HIS NOSE!

Defense failed as much as offense did in this game.

20 points allowed and 3 turnovers = failed in 2017 on TBD