Chill the heck out...

McBean

Fans get way too high after a win and way to low after a loss. Let's be honest though, the bills have got some pretty fortunate breaks to get to 3-2. I think this team is on the right track for the future and they are for sure better then we thought, but I don't think they are a playoff team yet with this talent.

I agree with everything you said, except I don't think they are a legit wildcard contender. Fans are expecting too much after that 3-1 start I think. Exactly like you said, most people had the bills at 4 or 5 wins before the year, so 3-2 is an amazing start

I can mostly agree with this. The only reason I think they're a wildcard contender is because the rest of the AFC sucks at least as bad. The Raiders defense sucks and they're losing winnable games with Carr's injury. The Broncos we beat so we have the advantage over them. The whole AFC North is inconsistent. The AFC South sucks or is inconsistent at best. And we've played a really tough schedule so far, so it gets much easier from here. Any other year no way we make the playoffs playing like this but this year we have as good a shot as anyone.

I like the odds of winning when you keep within striking distance each and every week.

Good post. This tweet supports that mindset:

https://twitter.com/jumosq/status/917239400555089921

"If you treat games within a score as ties (much more predictive moving forward) this is what the NFL looks like this very second"

DLqwP7rVYAAiDFM.jpg

Bills currently tied for 2nd in the AFC with the Jaguars on "expected win percentage." 2 big wins, 3 close games, 0 big losses. Historically that puts you in a good spot.

Obviously that doesn't prove that we'll win 70% of our games, it's just another way of looking at it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed we're at 3-2 heading into the bye. Had us at 1-4 or 2-3 best with any predictions I made.

If the Bills fans show up and bring some noise for the next 2 home games this team, this amazing defense, can bring us to 5-2. Carr* & Winston are both under 500 on the road (*Manuel is 2-7 on the road if we get him).

After that who scares you other than the Patriots & the Chiefs? Every other game is winnable with this defense.

I will be patient and I won't overreact week after week, but the offense is a mess and tow of the team's highest paid players are firmly in the new HC's doghouse.

Unless some players step up, this thing is going to get worse before it gets better.

But. like I said, I am not going to panic. I just hope that these new guys know what they are doing and they bring us fans a consistent contender year after year.

My gosh people, we are 3-2 headed into the bye week.

Outside of the KC Chiefs, the AFC is wide open.

Steelers lost, Texans lost, Raiders lost...

These next 2 games are very winnable.

Do NOT bench TT, do NOT go trade for a WR, and for crying out loud trust the process.

We are 5 games into a new era...FIVE!

This is the best coached team I've seen in a very long time. We have 6 picks in the top 90. Beane is building a consistent winner here long term..take that to the bank.

This is a playoff team. Book it.

Don't panic. Enjoy the bye week. Rest up, get healthy, and we're on to Tampa.

My Monday morning thoughts...

Preseason I thought the team was good for 5-7 wins. The improvement of the defense has been something to behold. We're still a very limited team thin on talent. 3-2 at the bye is better than I expected.

I can mostly agree with this. The only reason I think they're a wildcard contender is because the rest of the AFC sucks at least as bad. The Raiders defense sucks and they're losing winnable games with Carr's injury. The Broncos we beat so we have the advantage over them. The whole AFC North is inconsistent. The AFC South sucks or is inconsistent at best. And we've played a really tough schedule so far, so it gets much easier from here. Any other year no way we make the playoffs playing like this but this year we have as good a shot as anyone.

Good post. This tweet supports that mindset:

https://twitter.com/jumosq/status/917239400555089921

"If you treat games within a score as ties (much more predictive moving forward) this is what the NFL looks like this very second"

DLqwP7rVYAAiDFM.jpg

Bills currently tied for 2nd in the AFC with the Jaguars on "expected win percentage." 2 big wins, 3 close games, 0 big losses. Historically that puts you in a good spot.

Obviously that doesn't prove that we'll win 70% of our games, it's just another way of looking at it.

I think we have a shot at wildcard. Six peneltys Sunday and all we at critacle times. Refs were not nice to us yesterday. This coaching staff is excellent. Dennison will figure it out. TT has to run as well as pass. It is part of his offence and a great quality. Let him run. Tolbert leaned to run north and south yesterday and was good. One drive we ran good into the redzone and than pass,pass and ended up with three. Not good. Our next two games will tell us a lot. If we adjust and win the next two we will be in good shape. Go Bill's and be positive.

I think we have a shot at wildcard. Six peneltys Sunday and all we at critacle times. Refs were not nice to us yesterday. This coaching staff is excellent. Dennison will figure it out. TT has to run as well as pass. It is part of his offence and a great quality. Let him run. Tolbert leaned to run north and south yesterday and was good. One drive we ran good into the redzone and than pass,pass and ended up with three. Not good. Our next two games will tell us a lot. If we adjust and win the next two we will be in good shape. Go Bill's and be positive.

I'm positive this team is not going to the playoffs.

My 2 cents on

Chill the heck out...

I know there are 2 or 3 that always slam Taylor, but

for goodness sake people have to realize that Taylor is not a passing QB and can't get it dome when passing is needed by now.

3-2 is nice but with 3 turnovers the defense did its job. I have little confidence week after week after week,

Don't we deserve better?

I trust the process..... its the guy under center I don't trust.

Will the new qb do well without his starting TE and no receivers?

I think I finally figured out my problem with Tyrod. He does not play with a sense of urgency. (Watching so many of hi press conferences, his general demeanor doesn't seem like he does much of anything with any urgency.) While that calm approach works for the first 28 minutes of each half...it becomes a HUGE liability in the last two minutes.

Will the new qb do well without his starting TE and no receivers?

I just posted this in another thread John

Taylor was 20 / 37 passing. Who caught those 20 passes? Someone had to right?

If we are going to miss the playoffs dump Taylor sooner than later.

Will the new QB throw with anticipation and not wait for his guy to get open?

Will the new QB take as many sacks scrambling in the backfield for more than a few long seconds?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

With Clay out, who's gonna catch the ball?

This is a genuine and serious question. Not sarcasm.

25 total receptions by the WR's, heading into week 6 is something to be concerned about.

the same guys who caught the lions share of the 20 I just mentioned.

O'Leary 5 for 54, McCoy 6 for 26, Tate 2 for 25, Tolbert 3 for 18, Zay 1 for 9 and another could have been a TD had Taylor thrown the ball better.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Shady, Tate and O'Leary.

I was working on it. Thanks Gug

when will the excuses end?

With Clay out, who's gonna catch the ball?

This is a genuine and serious question. Not sarcasm.

25 total receptions by the WR's, heading into week 6 is something to be concerned about.

FWIW 2 seasons ago This is exactly who Alex Smith was. The majority of passing TDs were not from his WR's.

Sorry, I don't expect TT to be like AS

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

My gosh people, we are 3-2 headed into the bye week.

Outside of the KC Chiefs, the AFC is wide open.

Steelers lost, Texans lost, Raiders lost...

These next 2 games are very winnable.

Do NOT bench TT, do NOT go trade for a WR, and for crying out loud trust the process.

We are 5 games into a new era...FIVE!

This is the best coached team I've seen in a very long time. We have 6 picks in the top 90. Beane is building a consistent winner here long term..take that to the bank.

This is a playoff team. Book it.

Don't panic. Enjoy the bye week. Rest up, get healthy, and we're on to Tampa.

I don't know what you had for breakfast, but the Bills are not going to the playoffs with this high school offense. NO WAY.