Chill the heck out...

McBean

i think this is what people need to realize. this year certainly isn't the finished product...if anything, it's a stripped down version of it. will it be tough to be competitive and still miss the playoffs if that's the outcome, but this is going to take another year or two to put pieces in place and establish depth.

Exactly.

It's a great look into what the future holds with this team. They're building their identity. Next step is to get the right players in here to finish the product and continue with, "the process," of which I am a firm believer.

Through the first quarter of the season, it's clear what's needed in the next couple years: O line, WRs and a QB.

I love who/what this team is becoming. But right now, there's a bunch of placeholders who won't be here when the team is playoff-caliber.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My gosh people, we are 3-2 headed into the bye week.

Outside of the KC Chiefs, the AFC is wide open.

Steelers lost, Texans lost, Raiders lost...

These next 2 games are very winnable.

Do NOT bench TT, do NOT go trade for a WR, and for crying out loud trust the process.

We are 5 games into a new era...FIVE!

This is the best coached team I've seen in a very long time. We have 6 picks in the top 90. Beane is building a consistent winner here long term..take that to the bank.

This is a playoff team. Book it.

Don't panic. Enjoy the bye week. Rest up, get healthy, and we're on to Tampa.

My Monday morning thoughts...

Good post!

My theory is that all NFL teams go through this 2-3x a year where they appear in crisis-even the really good teams. It usually starts with injuries, some bad luck and perhaps a couple coaching misjudgements. Dealing with it is what determines what happens next. I'm guessing this group of coaches has the ability, in the next few weeks, to get through this until the next time we are in crisis. Rex had no idea how to adapt. He was a frontunner and only successful when things were going his way. That is not the current NFL.

My 2 cents on

Chill the heck out...

I know there are 2 or 3 that always slam Taylor, but

for goodness sake people have to realize that Taylor is not a passing QB and can't get it dome when passing is needed by now.

3-2 is nice but with 3 turnovers the defense did its job. I have little confidence week after week after week,

Don't we deserve better?

I trust the process..... its the guy under center I don't trust.

My Monday morning thoughts...

He's not a throwing QB exactly why teams are forcing him to be one and why our running game is stalled with them gearing to stop it.

So in my opinion what your saying is since he doesn't throw his play is more along the lines of a backup QB. Protect the ball, hand it off and run when you can.

Isn't that the time good HCs make a QB change or should they continue to use a veteran QB that refuses to throw? Thad Lewis played more like a starting QB then what we have seen from Tyrod.

Edited by xRUSHx

The record is good, the coaching has been good, but trust the process? We have been trusting it for 17 years.

With free agency and injuries the NFL is a now league, not a next year or trust the process league. We may luck out next year, but the only guarantee is management and coaches get paid next year, so lets just enjoy the games, it is only entertainment, not life or death.

Sure.

so 8-8 leaving the bills to have to trade all the picks they acquired to move up to draft a QB, just swell.

They are middling, which is the absolute worst thing you can do as an organization.

You don't know that they will have to trade up. Neither do I so let's see where it goes.

Maybe we have to trade...but at least we have the resources to do so. Maybe one of the QBs falls in our lap. Maybe we back up a Brinks truck and sign Cousins. Lots of possibilities.

But I have faith that this team is going in a good direction. Think back to the off-season and fans bashing Buffalo for the way they rebuilt the secondary. Through 5 games they might be our best unit. Maybe...just maybe these guys know what they are doing...

People are acting like we were superbowl favourites and are now 0-4. It was a bad loss but we simply don't have an offense this year, it was never going to go well we all knew that going in. We might still make the damn playoffs for crying out loud.

Sure.

so 8-8 leaving the bills to have to trade all the picks they acquired to move up to draft a QB, just swell.

They are middling, which is the absolute worst thing you can do as an organization.

while i understand the idea, the bills may not have to trade up to get a qb they want.

Exactly.

It's a great look into what the future holds with this team. They're building their identity. Next step is to get the right players in here to finish the product and continue with, "the process," of which I am a firm believer.

Through the first quarter of the season, it's clear what's needed in the next couple years: O line, WRs and a QB.

I love who/what this team is becoming. But right now, there's a bunch of placeholders who won't be here when the team is playoff-caliber.

as of this point, i definitely like where the team is headed. they just don't have the personnel yet.

You don't know that they will have to trade up. Neither do I so let's see where it goes.

Maybe we have to trade...but at least we have the resources to do so. Maybe one of the QBs falls in our lap. Maybe we back up a Brinks truck and sign Cousins. Lots of possibilities.

But I have faith that this team is going in a good direction. Think back to the off-season and fans bashing Buffalo for the way they rebuilt the secondary. Through 5 games they might be our best unit. Maybe...just maybe these guys know what they are doing...

this is it. i'm not going to worry about the draft at this point. if the right management is actually in place, they'll make the picks work.

Probably not a playoff team this year, but very close and certainly not as bad as many seem to think. They are a solid team that can win any given week, but they don't have the offensive firepower to actually win every week. That's about all there is to it.

i think this is what people need to realize. this year certainly isn't the finished product...if anything, it's a stripped down version of it. will it be tough to be competitive and still miss the playoffs if that's the outcome, but this is going to take another year or two to put pieces in place and establish depth.

Agreed. It's going to take time for Beane to clean up after Whaley. It's not easy to put your team in salary cap jail while simultaneously not paying franchise quarterback money.

Probably not a playoff team this year, but very close and certainly not as bad as many seem to think. They are a solid team that can win any given week, but they don't have the offensive firepower to actually win every week. That's about all there is to it.

I think they are better on offense then what we have seen. Tyrod is playing like a backup and should be replaced if McD is true to replacing players not meeting expectations. No position is safe but here we are week's in watching backup QB play from our starter week after week. Edited by xRUSHx

Yay, another thread telling me why how I think is wrong.

Nevermind that we can't score points, and have no wideouts. Nevermind that even the run game isn't working. Nevermind that we couldn't beat a 1-3 team with a +3 turnover margin.

We got 3 wins, it's all gravy.

Obviously McD is steering us in the right direction, but I don't need to calm down, this ship has some real choppy waters ahead before the smooth sailing. Playoffs with a team that can't score just isn't happening, not this year anyhow. I did not expect to be good coming into the season, but the pats losing got everyone's hopes up. If we hadn't lost Matthews, Clay, Gaines, etc I would agree, it's just a loss, but it's more than that. We need skill players to survive. If Shady goes down we have literally nothing, and he is now the entire focal point of opposing defenses so won't be as effective (in an already down year for him).

If we don't materialize a WR or pass catching target of quantifiable difference, this season is a wash.

Don't chill the heck out. It's starting to look like mismanagement of the roster by the HC. Question his moves. Question Bean decimating the receiving corps. Talk about not having any reasonable corner behind White. If they say they're trying to win take them at their word.

Edited by CuddyDark

People are acting like we were superbowl favourites and are now 0-4. It was a bad loss but we simply don't have an offense this year, it was never going to go well we all knew that going in. We might still make the damn playoffs for crying out loud.

This team isnt making the playoffs. Not with the production our offense is giving. Well be competitive because of the defense and finish with a mediocre record which is probably the worst case scenario.

Edited by Bangarang

Agreed. It's going to take time for Beane to clean up after Whaley. It's not easy to put your team in salary cap jail while simultaneously not paying franchise quarterback money.

sorry for the derail

Is that picture from FORZA?

I keep looking for a Bills theme every time I "purchase" a car.

This team isnt making the playoffs. Not with the production our offense is giving. Well be competitive because of the defense and finish with a mediocre record which is probably the worst case scenario.

If that is true....

I suggest they make a change NOW. TT is here to WIN games and break the drought.

The Defense is light years ahead of last season. There is no reason why the team should have regressed except for the faux QB we have under center.

(I'm actually being kind here towards TT)

sorry for the derail

Is that picture from FORZA?

I keep looking for a Bills theme every time I "purchase" a car.

If that is true....

I suggest they make a change NOW. TT is here to WIN games and break the drought.

The Defense is light years ahead of last season. There is no reason why the team should have regressed except for the faux QB we have under center.

(I'm actually being kind here towards TT)

They wont make the change and they probably shouldnt either. Peterman isnt going to come in and light it up throwing to scrubs. We get it, you dont think Tyrod is any good but you should probably temper those expectations in regards to Peterman. Chances are he sucks too. Hell lrobably start at some point this year but I wouldnt expect it until our playoff chances are gone.