Chill the heck out...

McBean

My gosh people, we are 3-2 headed into the bye week.

Outside of the KC Chiefs, the AFC is wide open.

Steelers lost, Texans lost, Raiders lost...

These next 2 games are very winnable.

Do NOT bench TT, do NOT go trade for a WR, and for crying out loud trust the process.

We are 5 games into a new era...FIVE!

This is the best coached team I've seen in a very long time. We have 6 picks in the top 90. Beane is building a consistent winner here long term..take that to the bank.

This is a playoff team. Book it.

Don't panic. Enjoy the bye week. Rest up, get healthy, and we're on to Tampa.

My Monday morning thoughts...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents on

Chill the heck out...

I know there are 2 or 3 that always slam Taylor, but

for goodness sake people have to realize that Taylor is not a passing QB and can't get it dome when passing is needed by now.

3-2 is nice but with 3 turnovers the defense did its job. I have little confidence week after week after week,

Don't we deserve better?

I trust the process..... its the guy under center I don't trust.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Do NOT bench TT, do NOT go trade for a WR, and for crying out loud trust the process.

This is the best coached team I've seen in a very long time. We have 6 picks in the top 90. Beane is building a consistent winner here long term..take that to the bank.

Well done. Have to see the big picture.

Fans are getting a better product... effort is top notch, the management is now very good. they are 3-2 while simultaneously rebuilding the roster -- the injury bug will still kill this thin, rebuilding roster and the season eventually IMO, but we will see what happens when the Conference/Division games crank up . The moves they have made for the future make total sense so far. Watkins/Woods aren't doing much, they are teed up to get a franchise QB in next years draft, and the defensive scheme makes sense for the first time since Schwartz. Trust the process.

Do you coach a basketball team in that commercial that booked his tickets to the championship game?

Defense is play-off caliber, the offense not so much.

Exactly.

We have been told year in and year out that this team is close and only a few changes are needed. This hasn't been the case.

So year 1 the process is to rebuild the defense. Why? Because a good defense keeps you competitive...keeps you in games. So far we have lost 2 games. Both on the road. Both where we had the ball with a chance to win and couldn't get it done.

Year 2 will obviously be committed to improving the offense. I strongly believe there will be a huge turnover on that side of the ball. Wouldn't shock me if we have 3 or 4 new starters on online. New WRs, new TE, and yes, a new RB in addition to a new QB.

I like what they have done with the defense. No one thought our secondary would be any good...but it's become the core of a very strong defense and will keep getting better. I get the whole "it's been 17 years...." blah blah blah but let's build an actual contender and not a team that can make the playoffs once then start on the new streak of playoff misses.

If we had been told the team would be 3-2 at the bye week before the season began most everyone here would have taken that. They have fixed the defense after the Ryan debacle, and they have a lot of work to do on the offensive side of the ball. I see the following happening during the next two weeks:

1. Get healthy. Humber will be back. Gaines will be back. Glenn will be healthier. Maybe Mathews is back. Clay probably not. Getting healthier will help.

2. The coaches will do what I understand coaching staffs do during the bye week. They will evaluate film of the first 5 weeks as if they were game planning against us. And they'll identify weaknesses to work on.

3. Roster changes will likely be made. If Clay is out for an extended time, they'll put him on IR and add another TE. Maybe Barnidge. And they will shake up the WR spot, either by brining Reilly up or by brining in a veteran like a Stevie or two.

4. Miller will start again, and it would not surprise me to see them move Glenn over to RT and leave Dawkins at LT. They have to know at this point that Glenn is one of their best tackles; they won't just leave him on the bench. Unless...

5. Trades are a possibility. Possibly trade a Glenn for a WR.

This coaching staff and front office won't panic. They'll make considered decisions and trust the process they've put in place. One game where they cam up short on offense, one game where a play or two turns a loss into a win does not call for wholesale changes and wringing of hands.

If we had been told the team would be 3-2 at the bye week before the season began most everyone here would have taken that. They have fixed the defense after the Ryan debacle, and they have a lot of work to do on the offensive side of the ball. I see the following happening during the next two weeks:

1. Get healthy. Humber will be back. Gaines will be back. Glenn will be healthier. Maybe Mathews is back. Clay probably not. Getting healthier will help.

2. The coaches will do what I understand coaching staffs do during the bye week. They will evaluate film of the first 5 weeks as if they were game planning against us. And they'll identify weaknesses to work on.

3. Roster changes will likely be made. If Clay is out for an extended time, they'll put him on IR and add another TE. Maybe Barnidge. And they will shake up the WR spot, either by brining Reilly up or by brining in a veteran like a Stevie or two.

4. Miller will start again, and it would not surprise me to see them move Glenn over to RT and leave Dawkins at LT. They have to know at this point that Glenn is one of their best tackles; they won't just leave him on the bench. Unless...

5. Trades are a possibility. Possibly trade a Glenn for a WR.

This coaching staff and front office won't panic. They'll make considered decisions and trust the process they've put in place. One game where they cam up short on offense, one game where a play or two turns a loss into a win does not call for wholesale changes and wringing of hands.

@mikerodak

The Bills’ targets per game (10.2) and catches per game (4.8) to WRs would both be the lowest in the NFL since at least 2001.

They are on pace for 28 TD's passing and rushing combined.

That's historically bad.

Our offense is 30th in yards and 25th in points per game. Its all good though. As long as the defense can hold teams to 13 points every week we should be alright.

Soon those lucky bounces are not going to be there for the defense though. AJ Green is not going to hand over three turnovers every week.

@mikerodak

The Bills’ targets per game (10.2) and catches per game (4.8) to WRs would both be the lowest in the NFL since at least 2001.

They are on pace for 28 TD's passing and rushing combined.

That's historically bad.

And?? They will review things and make changes, as I said. Correct?

No run game

No receivers

No qb

No threat at TE

I enjoyed the 3-1 start as much as possible knowing it would not last. This team was surviving on fumes and now reality will come crashing down. It's nobody's fault, they just don't have enough talent. Playoff team? Uhh, nope

My 2 cents on

Chill the heck out...

I know there are 2 or 3 that always slam Taylor, but

for goodness sake people have to realize that Taylor is not a passing QB and can't get it dome when passing is needed by now.

3-2 is nice but with 3 turnovers the defense did its job. I have little confidence week after week after week,

Don't we deserve better?

I trust the process..... its the guy under center I don't trust.

sure - who do you want to bring in? Cutler's certainly asserting himself over in Miami...

Guy should be the starter til we're out of it.

Fans are getting a better product... effort is top notch, the management is now very good. they are 3-2 while simultaneously rebuilding the roster -- the injury bug will still kill this thin, rebuilding roster and the season eventually IMO, but we will see what happens when the Conference/Division games crank up . The moves they have made for the future make total sense so far. Watkins/Woods aren't doing much, they are teed up to get a franchise QB in next years draft, and the defensive scheme makes sense for the first time since Schwartz. Trust the process.

i think this is what people need to realize. this year certainly isn't the finished product...if anything, it's a stripped down version of it. will it be tough to be competitive and still miss the playoffs if that's the outcome, but this is going to take another year or two to put pieces in place and establish depth.

And?? They will review things and make changes, as I said. Correct?

Sure.

i think this is what people need to realize. this year certainly isn't the finished product...if anything, it's a stripped down version of it. will it be tough to be competitive and still miss the playoffs if that's the outcome, but this is going to take another year or two to put pieces in place and establish depth.

so 8-8 leaving the bills to have to trade all the picks they acquired to move up to draft a QB, just swell.

They are middling, which is the absolute worst thing you can do as an organization.