What has Brandon Beane done to improve this team?

Yeezus

Serious question.

Ever since this guy was hired he has made countless head scratching decisions. Watkins trade was #1

Geezus Yeezus I agree as SW is TEARING it up with the LAR....................... OH wait..................

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question.

Ever since this guy was hired he has made countless head scratching decisions. Watkins trade was #1 and the list goes on.

The draft was all Whaley, so Beane was left to improve this team with FA pickups. He ignored the oline, ignored our CB and WR depth, traded away basically a rookie 2nd round LB who is now starting on the best team in the league and got rid of our 2nd string RB without replacing him.

Whaley got so much crap as a GM but I can't remember the last time a Bills GM made so many stupid roster moves in the span of a few months.

If Beane was trying to tank (which he was lets stop pretending here) this is no way to do it. You don't trade away young talented players without any replacements. We have draft picks yes but since when has this franchise ever been good at drafting players.

I'm a Mcdermott believer but I don't trust Brandon Beane . This guy has no idea what he is doing and his inexperience shows countless times. How can we trust him to find a franchise QB.

I've heard GMs say it takes about 3 years to build a roster. I don't know what you want from a GM who hasn't even run his first draft yet.

They have said exactly that. They are trying to be competitive and win now while setting themselves up for the future. Thats why they have accumulated so many draft picks.

They have never committed to anything. They are trying to hide behind their "honeymoon." They are speaking out of both sides of their mouths so they have zero culpability for this season.

The Bills have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds of the 2018 draft. He and McDermott have removed the guys who are not 100% interested in the Buffalo Bills winning every Sunday. The team is 3-2 with wins over some of the best teams in the NFL and has a chance to win a lot more this season. That's about as good anyone could have hoped for about 6-8 months ago.

He just started and has a lot more to do. Let's look at his work in a couple of seasons.

They have never committed to anything. They are trying to hide behind their "honeymoon." They are speaking out of both sides of their mouths so they have zero culpability for this season.

They are committing to building the roster trough the draft. They have been firm on that approach since day 1. How exactly have they been speaking out of both sides of their mouths?

Nothing, in fact Rex Ryan was trashed for destroying a top ranked defense and that's what ultimately led to his demise.

And now that Beane and McD are in the process of doing the same thing with the offense it's time to start asking the same questions and hold them accountable.

I still think the bigger picture is how bad the QB play is with Taylor but remains to be seen if they address this.

They are committing to building the roster trough the draft. They have been firm on that approach since day 1. How exactly have they been speaking out of both sides of their mouths?

They said they don't believe they are playing for the draft several times. They have also said they believe in the team they have right now. They have said they "don't see it that way" when asked about the draft picks. Also they have said as you state here that they believe in building through the draft. I'm judging them on what they have said in both cases. I'm judging them on this season because they flat out said this season matters and they are not trying to tank for the draft. I will also judge their drafting.

Nothing, in fact Rex Ryan was trashed for destroying a top ranked defense and that's what ultimately led to his demise.

And now that Beane and McD are in the process of doing the same thing with the offense it's time to start asking the same questions and hold them accountable.

I still think the bigger picture is how bad the QB play is with Taylor but remains to be seen if they address this.

Exactly this. Especially since they said the season matters and they expect to win game in 2017.

1. Beane has been in the NFL almost 20 years and could not get a GM job. So how did he get this one? He got it from McDermott, which means McD is making many of the personal decisions. And remember he could not get a head coaching job all these years.

2. Why wasn't a Bill Polian or good talent evaluator hired to oversee things?

3. Tyrod Taylor was low balled with his money for a mid talent QB job, the toughest job in sports. His contract is for 1 year and

$8 million. A hockey player for a team that also never makes the playoffs;the Sabres; is paying a player for 8 years,

$80 million or $10 million a year. The worse contract in the NHL, thats $80 million. Great owners? Give me a break.

4. I believe the idea this year was to try and tank and get a first round QB next year, but the Bills have overachieved, but that plan

has backfired, probably leading to another 6-9 win season.

5. After Clay went down today, there is not one WR on the team who could make a NFL Roster. The ball was not thrown down the

field on called plays because our OC knows no one could catch it, and Taylors strength is outside the pocket, not in the

pocket, the old story of a square peg in a round hole. No WR means no running game, McCoy or no McCoy or Gillislee.

6. Will the OL be addressed next year? Ask Beane or McD.

Are we really just going to ignore this???

They said they don't believe they are playing for the draft several times. They have also said they believe in the team they have right now. They have said they "don't see it that way" when asked about the draft picks. Also they have said as you state here that they believe in building through the draft. I'm judging them on what they have said in both cases. I'm judging them on this season because they flat out said this season matters and they are not trying to tank for the draft. I will also judge their drafting.

They arent tanking. That much was always clear. They are clearly trying to be competitive right now while getting rid of the fat and setting themselves up to add a plethora of talent in the next draft. They havent wavered or gone back on their approach. This is what they said they were going to do and are doing it. This year was always going to be a transitional year. We all knew that.

The Sammy trade was stupid, even if you draft a QB high next year you will still need a #1 WR. I would have demanded min #1 pick for Sammy who is only 23 years.

The fact that we have the worst WR'S in the NFL makes this move 10 times worse, our running game will suffer all season as everyone we play will just load the box.

Read Sammy's stat line from yesterday. Rams average 380 yards and over 30 points per game and Sissy puts up a big GOOSE egg. The previous game he had one catch for 17 yards. Stupid to let him go? No way. The only thing that was stupid was giving up 2 number one picks for the bust.

Sammy lovers need to get over it.....

Edited by Azucho98

They arent tanking. That much was always clear. They are clearly trying to be competitive right now while getting rid of the fat and setting themselves up to add a plethora of talent in the next draft. They havent wavered or gone back on their approach. This is what they said they were going to do and are doing it. This year was always going to be a transitional year. We all knew that.

You said it was to be a "transitional year" they have not. As a fan I expected them to win 6 games but that doesn't mean I can't judge them for a season they said matters. That also doesn't mean I have to wait until McD has every probowl player he wants before I judge his game management or use of talent. What he does this year matters.

Edited by CuddyDark

Quit putting it all on the receivers. TT may not have the best talent around him but that is not an excuse to play sorry. He still can throw the ball instead of holding it for 10 min. We couldn't get in the end zone at the end of the game with plenty of chances. This is exactly why Whaley did not want to resign him. This was all McD. Only if our QB be a better passer we can get away with these recievers. Probably be more competitive on offense.

Who exactly is he supposed to throw to when none of his guys are getting separation? Did he hang onto it too long a few times yesterday? Yeah. But at the same time, when they'd show the replay, there was virtually nowhere to go with the ball. The last play of the game was him trying to force one and we saw what happened. He's the type of QB that needs a solid supporting cast. He's not one of those super rare guys who can put a team on his back and pull out the win regardless of the personnel around him. There are very few guys in the league like that. It's a team effort. And the offense really underachieved yesterday however they were not put in the best position to win because the coaches felt four unproven wide receivers and one decent tight end would provide enough on offense to produce a win. They intended on relying on the running game which they haven't been able to get rolling. So yeah, I put it on the players but I put it on the coaches and front office as well. They did not put the offense in a good position to find success.

You said it was to be a "transitional year" they have not.

Never said they did. Common sense shows what they are trying to do though. Cause you know, its what they said they were going to do.

As a fan I expected them to win 6 games but that doesn't mean I can't judge them for a season they said matters.

Never said you cant

That also doesn't mean I have to wait until McD has every probowl player he wants before I judge his game management or use of talent.

Never said you should.

What he does this year matters.

Never said it doesnt.

Probably the best thing Beane has done won't be visible till the draft. He has significantly added to the talent evaluation staff, brought in several guys who will be GM candidates themselves and overhauled the scouting department. That should show benefits next spring.

Smart observation. We have a lot of needs, but let's hope that among their skills, qb evaluation is near the top.

Never said they did. Common sense shows what they are trying to do though. Cause you know, its what they said they were going to do.

Never said you cant

Never said you should.

Never said it doesnt.

You never said they did but you said they did?

You never said they did but you said they did?

They never never described this year as a transitional one but they accumulated draft picks and said they want to build the roster through the draft. They have turned the roster over like crazy. They are doing what they said they would do without actually calling it what it is.

They never never described this year as a transitional one but they accumulated draft picks and said they want to build the roster through the draft. They have turned the roster over like crazy. They are doing what they said they would do without actually calling it what it is.

Roster turnover was coming because they only had something like 30 players under contract. So the question remains what has Bean done for the team and the answer is nothing so far. Now if we write off year one as you want to do, fine. I'm okay with that. But that wasn't the question. The question is what has Bean done for this team. Not next years team.

Edited by CuddyDark

NearAntiqueArcherfish-max-1mb.gif

What's to disagree with? He started on Monday night. I missed the beginning of last night's game so idk if he started against the texans

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article177788551.html&ved=0ahUKEwjsxYKF6-PWAhUFOSYKHboUDekQFggxMAI&usg=AOvVaw17_jiobDnEvsyVCjH8dlWY&ampcf=1

Edited by Not at the table Karlos