What has Brandon Beane done to improve this team?

Yeezus

Serious question.

Ever since this guy was hired he has made countless head scratching decisions. Watkins trade was #1 and the list goes on.

The draft was all Whaley, so Beane was left to improve this team with FA pickups. He ignored the oline, ignored our CB and WR depth, traded away basically a rookie 2nd round LB who is now starting on the best team in the league and got rid of our 2nd string RB without replacing him.

Whaley got so much crap as a GM but I can't remember the last time a Bills GM made so many stupid roster moves in the span of a few months.

If Beane was trying to tank (which he was lets stop pretending here) this is no way to do it. You don't trade away young talented players without any replacements. We have draft picks yes but since when has this franchise ever been good at drafting players.

I'm a Mcdermott believer but I don't trust Brandon Beane . This guy has no idea what he is doing and his inexperience shows countless times. How can we trust him to find a franchise QB.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question.

Ever since this guy was hired he has made countless head scratching decisions. Watkins trade was #1 and the list goes on.

The draft was all Whaley, so Beane was left to improve this team with FA pickups. He ignored the oline, ignored our CB and WR depth, traded away basically a rookie 2nd round LB who is now starting on the best team in the league and got rid of our 2nd string RB without replacing him.

Whaley got so much crap as a GM but I can't remember the last time a Bills GM made so many stupid roster moves in the span of a few months.

If Beane was trying to tank (which he was lets stop pretending here) this is no way to do it. You don't trade away young talented players without any replacements. We have draft picks yes but since when has this franchise ever been good at drafting players.

I'm a Mcdermott believer but I don't trust Brandon Beane . This guy has no idea what he is doing and his inexperience shows countless times. How can we trust him to find a franchise QB.

Would you be making this post if Buffalo scored one more touchdown against the Bengals? Just because you saw Ragland on the field for the Chiegs doesnt mean he is starting. He is 3rd string. How many back up CB's are out there that play like starters? Beane didnt sign a contract saying he is taking the Bills to the playoffs this season, he signed on to build team that can be a contender through the draft.

Beane is building for the future. Everyone knows this is not a super bowl caliber team. Even with extreme luck we aren't SB bound. Ultimately, Beanes goal is to win a SB. He is building for the future. Sammy wasn't going to be resigned (he didn't deserve to be based on injury and production and apparently attitude) so we got a more resignable guy in Gaines who is solid as well as a second. I actually really like what we are doing. Now Beane probably wasn't planning on the Bills winning this many games and I know Shady would be a prime candidate for trade in a true tank. But think of it, for a rookie QB Shady would be the perfect outlet to prevent rookies from forcing the ball unneccesarily downfield. Im trusting in Beane

Serious question.

Talk to me after the draft next April. If he gets a franchise QB, then he will have accomplished what he set out to do. Some WR help will be a priority as well, but his main job is to get a franchise QB in here. If that happens, we will revisit this question in about a year.

Talk to me after the draft next April. If he gets a franchise QB, then he will have accomplished what he set out to do. Some WR help will be a priority as well, but his main job is to get a franchise QB in here. If that happens, we will revisit this question in about a year.

Agreed.

Whaley got so much crap BECAUSE HIS DRAFTS WERE HORRID.

Stupid moves by vastly improving our defense? Nonsense. As others have said, revisit next year after the draft. Jeez.

1. Beane has been in the NFL almost 20 years and could not get a GM job. So how did he get this one? He got it from McDermott, which means McD is making many of the personal decisions. And remember he could not get a head coaching job all these years.

2. Why wasn't a Bill Polian or good talent evaluator hired to oversee things?

3. Tyrod Taylor was low balled with his money for a mid talent QB job, the toughest job in sports. His contract is for 1 year and

$8 million. A hockey player for a team that also never makes the playoffs;the Sabres; is paying a player for 8 years,

$80 million or $10 million a year. The worse contract in the NHL, thats $80 million. Great owners? Give me a break.

4. I believe the idea this year was to try and tank and get a first round QB next year, but the Bills have overachieved, but that plan

has backfired, probably leading to another 6-9 win season.

5. After Clay went down today, there is not one WR on the team who could make a NFL Roster. The ball was not thrown down the

field on called plays because our OC knows no one could catch it, and Taylors strength is outside the pocket, not in the

pocket, the old story of a square peg in a round hole. No WR means no running game, McCoy or no McCoy or Gillislee.

6. Will the OL be addressed next year? Ask Beane or McD.

Yea, he traded a receiver away who is averaging 42 yards a game to get a good starting corner and a 2 round draft pick....

How do these threads keep getting started? Serious Question???

So you think SW would be averaging the same ypg on the Bills with TT as he would on a new team that he's been on for two months ? It's not like hockey or baseball where you just plug a guy in.

So you think SW would be averaging the same ypg on the Bills with TT as he would on a new team that he's been on for two months ? It's not like hockey or baseball where you just plug a guy in.

No clue what the average would be, but SW is not doing anything that should make the Bills say the trade was a mistake.

As of right now Gains is doing more in Buffalo than SW is doing with his new team, plugged in at the same time. So, Bean is ahead now after 5 games, and still has a good pick in his pocket.

You guys are funny.

3-2 headed to the bye week and its panic mode now.

What has Beane done? He's trimmed the fat. Got rid of overrated players and has set us up to build a consistent contender through the draft.

Trust the freakin process. Geez we're 5 games in to a new era and a lot of you are already wanting to bail. Ridiculous.

You guys are funny.

3-2 headed to the bye week and its panic mode now.

What has Beane done? He's trimmed the fat. Got rid of overrated players and has set us up to build a consistent contender through the draft.

Trust the freakin process. Geez we're 5 games in to a new era and a lot of you are already wanting to bail. Ridiculous.

There is only one thing that could cause me to bail and it is punting on a Quarterback again next April and using the picks to prop up Tyrod. That is not to say I think Tyrod should be released after the season. I am fine with him playing out the final year of the contract and giving the rookie someone worthy of beating out.