Rewinding on the KC trade

Rigotz

Theoretically wouldn't a run first team with McCoy be easier on a QB? I think Watkins, Matthews and Charles Clay would be a comparable group to what HOU has. Certainly not devoid of talent. Watson would have the benefit of OTAs training camp / offseason practices with Watkins et al just like Goff and Kupp. Watkins just got to LA in August and has yet to establish a comfort zone with Goff as has Kupp. That makes sense as you feel comfortable with guys you have practiced with all off-season . Kupp dropped a potential game winner today, btw. They were playing the SEA defense today , they're kind of good. Your scenario doesn't hold water. No reason Watson couldn't be succeeding here right now. It's like saying Watson couldn't play well here because... it's Buffalo. Nonsense.

You make it sound like that pass hit Kupp in the chest. That was a very tough catch that he laid out for and slammed his head into the ground for. Just because I dont agree with your opinion doesnt mean it is nonsense. There is more to a team than QB. For a QB to produce it takes the right mix of talent, scheme, and players around him.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You make it sound like that pass hit Kupp in the chest. That was a very tough catch that he laid out for and slammed his head into the ground for. Just because I dont agree with your opinion doesnt mean it is nonsense. There is more to a team than QB. For a QB to produce it takes the right mix of talent, scheme, and players around him.

It does. And there could have been plenty of it for Watson to succeed in Buffalo. Exactly as I described it. The Rams also turned the ball iver 5 times today. It's not as though Watkins lost them the game. Acting like Deshaun Watson couldn't be doing something similar to what he has done in Buffalo isn't based in reality. It doesn't guarantee that he would, but he certainly could. A QB is the most important thing. You're either good or you're not. Being on the Bills is not detrimental to a player's chances of success .

It's a fair deal at best, not a great deal. It meant no Watson which may be a factor to downgrade the trade. It depends what they net out of the pick player wise really. If the Chiefs pick nets them a QB or is part of a package to get a QB then it could be more favorable

Based on the actual values of players and what the picks SHOULD be worth, not that ridiculous draft chart, the Bills got the same value as would have been expected if they had traded the #1 pick. It was a great deal based on the value of the pick they gave up in relation to what they received.

Mahomes playing with the chiefs is a lot different than Mahomes or Watson playing with the Bills. The Bills collected picks in next years draft because they are lacking talent and depth. The Bills have a decent defense but are lacking offensive talent.

It is a pleasure to read something rational.

Drafted a QB.........for the first time ever with their original first round pick.

They've traded back and taken one(EJ Manuel)........and used their second first round pick on a QB(Jim Kelly in 1983 and a trade-up to get back in round one for JP Losman)........but they have never just made the simple selection of the top QB on their board with their first, first round pick.

Not once "ALL IN" on a QB prospect in almost 60 years of drafting.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Thank you. Eventually this organisation has to pull that trigger.

I am trying to figure out why you would NOT consider White

Our first round pick Tre WHite has been one of the BEST corners in a corner rich draft.....even today getting beat by AJ Green he still made several plays

SO....we lose Gilmore....it would have made total sense to draft a corner with our pick before we even made the trade for the 1st round pick

BUT WE DID NOT DO THAT.....we got Tre White AND a 1st round pick.....who cares if it is a later pick....it will still be a first rounder.

Which qb will we obtain with the 30th pick ? The boneheads in the FO punted on Watson/Mahomes.

Gonna have to draft another corner with it to replace brittle Gaines.

Which qb will we obtain with the 30th pick ? The boneheads in the FO punted on Watson/Mahomes.

Let's look at some of the starting QBs in the league today:

Rogers: 24th pick

Brady: 6th round

Brees: 2nd round

Prescott: 4th round

Cousins: 4th round

Dalton: 2nd round

Carr: 2nd round

Draft the right guy, not just a guy up high in round 1 because you reach.

I have no doubt they'll draft a QB. But I will bet it's a guy most people don't have on their radar right now. I think they'll be looking for a guy that has run a pro style offense in college, and many of the supposed top guys haven't. Plus we all know what will happen between now and next spring. Already these QBs are getting torn apart and critiqued to a ridiculous extent. Now it's that Darnold throws too many picks, Rosen is a head case. I read somewhere that scouts have Rudolph graded as a third day draft pick. And so on.

So they'll draft a guy. But it's a crap shoot as to who it is. And I'll bet Peterman starts game one next season.

boom

One thing that bothered me about the trade was it was reported that the Giants were trying to trade up, but the Bills already had a "gentleman's agreement" with the Chiefs. We'd probably feel a lot better right now if we were holding the Giants' 2018 1st.

Eli, Ben, Smith, Watson, Winston, Wentz, Ryan, Flacco, Rodgers, Cam, Luck, Goff, Bradford, Stafford.

Oh.

Eli, Ben, Smith, Watson, Winston, Wentz, Ryan, Flacco, Rodgers, Cam, Luck, Goff, Bradford, Stafford.

Oh.

Oh.

Yes, sometimes it works when you draft a guy high. And sometimes it doesn't. Would you like me to start listing higher first round QB picks that didn't work out? The list woul be very long (Russell, Couch, etc, etc , etc.)

It is about picking the right guy. Not where you pick him.

Yes, sometimes it works when you draft a guy high. And sometimes it doesn't. Would you like me to start listing higher first round QB picks that didn't work out? The list woul be very long (Russell, Couch, etc, etc , etc.)

It is about picking the right guy. Not where you pick him.

Would you like me to list the QB's picked in rounds 2-6 that didn't work out? That list is longer. Edited by jmc12290

as soon as they made the trade i said dumb trade partner to choose, KC is going to the AFC championship game. pick #30 doesn't help us much

First round picks are always valuable. You would get one of the 30 top players coming out. That helps a ton if you pick the right guy. What if you pick an OT that becomes a Pro Bowler?

Would you like me to list the QB's picked in rounds 2-6 that didn't work out? The list is longer.

And it would change nothing with respect to my point. It is about picking the right guy, not where you pick him. The front office will do its due diligence and target the guy they think is the best guy. If they feel they have to, they have the ammunition to trade picks to move up.

Doing some quick math, 17 current starters were drafted in the top half of round 1, and 15 were below the top half of round one or lower.

Ill be the first to admit... didnt expect KC to be this good.

Sitting are 5-0, one would assume that they will be in the playoffs again, perhaps with a first round Bye.

So STRICTLY LOOKING AT PICKS (do not factor in White)... was it a good trade?

Bills trade 10th overall pick for:

2017 27th overall pick

2017 3rd round pick

2018 (ESTIMATED) 25th-32nd overall pick

Yes. Still has the potential to be a great trade. The picks themselves are a moot point. It's what you do with the picks that counts.

As of right now, the results of the trade are KC took the QB and we have Tre White. White obviously has been the more productive of the 2 so far. Now what makes or breaks the trade is that extra number 1. Do we use it to move up for a QB? Does a QB drop in our lap? Do we sign a FA QB and use it on a oline or WR? Still a long way to go to debate this trade.

Wait who is gonna have the 30th pick (we sure as hell aint)

And now the Rest are what again. Yeah high 1st round picks.