[closed]There is one solution to our problem...

ShakAttack

3-2 going into the bye week. Say what you want about today, but that's still a better record than anyone expected

(on a side note.. Jets at 3-2 is even more of a shocker. The 2 teams said to be "tanking" before the season started have winning records going into week 6!?)

We have a good defense that will keep us in games even if our offense does nothing like today.

We also saw the difference between the Bills and Bengals today:

AJ Green, a legit #1 wide receiver.

Now, we aren't going to find an AJ Green right now, but I guarantee you that if the Bills want, they can find SOMEONE that is much better than what we have now.

We have an abundance of draft picks and should be aggressively looking to trade one of our 3rd round picks (or even a 2nd rounder if that's what it takes) to bring in a #1 receiver.

Next week is our bye so it is now or never.

It's up to the Bills if they want to throw away this opportunity that we have with a 3-2 start, tied for 1st in the division, in a conference with very few "stand out" teams.

They need to be honest with themselves and realize 2 things:

1. Getting a WR or two off free agency will not solve a damn thing

2. You traded Sammy for a 2nd rounder and that was a bad decision, so now you are going to have to admit that bad decision, and give up that same 2nd or 3rd for the same position, and it might not even be a WR as good as Sammy, but at the end of the day this league is about winning and nobody wants to hear about trying to win in the future, when your team is winning right now.

Get someone decent in a trade and in a week or two after the bye we get Jordan Matthews back and, what do you know? We might actually have a "normal" WR1 and WR2 for the rest of the season.

To me, this is the only solution, and I know it's a long shot but I hope it happens.

We've seen a lot of bad decisions from the Bills FO this off-season IMO. Time for a good decision to be made....

I don't know, TT has had some pretty good receivers previously. Remember when we had Sammy, the biggest complaint was TT couldn't get him the ball? I think getting another decent WR via trade is only going to marginally help the problem. I'd maybe consider giving up a 4th or 5th rounder to try and push this team for a playoff spot this year, but no way anything higher than that. We need to get the run game going, which will help open the pass like we've done the past few years. Still haven't heard a good reason why a guy would come in and change the blocking scheme for the #1 rushing team two years running!

Quit reading after the 6th paragraph, when you still hadn't mentioned the one solution to our problem.

Ok the short version with no explanation:

Trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a wide receiver now.

The question is.... who is available to be had?

Nothing that we could really know as fans, but I'm sure there are some available. Some teams have a lot of depth at WR (I know this is hard to fathom as a Bills fan). But I'd hope we start making a lot of phone calls to find out....

Ok the short version with no explanation:

Trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a wide receiver now.

Nothing that we could really know as fans, but I'm sure there are some available. Some teams have a lot of depth at WR (I know this is hard to fathom as a Bills fan). But I'd hope we start making a lot of phone calls to find out....

It's all farts in the wind. No team trades a quality WR in week six of the season.

Well, maybe in Maden they do...

It's all farts in the wind. No team trades a quality WR in week six of the season.

Well, maybe in Maden they do...

Like I said earlier it's not gonna be someone like AJ Green but I guarantee you they can get something better than they have right now which ain't hard to do and would help a lot.

Can't tell me there are no receivers out there like that.

When Raiders had a winning record and their QB went down they traded for Carson Palmer.

When the vikings looked promising and their QB went down more recently they traded for Sam Bradford

And there are a lot less QBs than there are WRs in the NFL.

So no, they are out there, and 2nd rounders have huge value in the NFL, even 3rd rounders can.

But are the Bills willing to be aggressive enough and take advantage of the opportunity they have now? Or will they throw away the huge upsets against Denver and Atlanta and just hope for the best and bring back Philly Brown for a 10th time?

We'll see very soon.

Like I said earlier it's not gonna be someone like AJ Green but I guarantee you they can get something better than they have right now which ain't hard to do and would help a lot.

Can't tell me there are no receivers out there like that.

When Raiders had a winning record and their QB went down they traded for Carson Palmer.

When the vikings looked promising and their QB went down more recently they traded for Sam Bradford

And there are a lot less QBs than there are WRs in the NFL.

So no, they are out there, and 2nd rounders have huge value in the NFL, even 3rd rounders can.

But are the Bills willing to be aggressive enough and take advantage of the opportunity they have now? Or will they throw away the huge upsets against Denver and Atlanta and just hope for the best and bring back Philly Brown for a 10th time?

We'll see very soon.

You can't guarantee anything. Why don't you name at least 1 WR that a team would be willing to trade who is classified as a legit #1 receiver before making guarantees.

I don't think a team is willing to do that. I won't guarantee it, because that's impossible to guarantee, just like your claim.

There is one solution to our problem ...

Trust the process. Understand that this is the first year.

Do NOT value the short term over the long term, as that is the strategy of losers. Keep your draft picks.

And probably draft a QB. And a bunch of other people besides. And keep trading back and acquiring more picks once you've got the QB at least.

Edited by Thurman#1

They need to be honest with themselves and realize 2 things:

1. Getting a WR or two off free agency will not solve a damn thing

2. You traded Sammy for a 2nd rounder and that was a bad decision, so now you are going to have to admit that bad decision, and give up that same 2nd or 3rd for the same position, and it might not even be a WR as good as Sammy, but at the end of the day this league is about winning and nobody wants to hear about trying to win in the future, when your team is winning right now.

You do realise that your logic is completely incongruous. Point 1) getting a receiver will not solve a damn thing (which in itself is a ridiculous comment, because I could catch more balls that Z, did you see that drop on his knees?) then you suggest using the pick acquired in the Sammy trade for a WR right now. Euclid (and Spock) is confused right now.

We need to get the run game going, which will help open the pass like we've done the past few years. Still haven't heard a good reason why a guy would come in and change the blocking scheme for the #1 rushing team two years running!

Same as the guy who inherited a Top 5 defense playing the 4-3 and ruined it by changing it to his favorite 3-4 with linemen going back into coverage. Ego, stubbornness, inflexible, etc.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.