[Misleading Title]Where ... is the zone read?

We were top 5 or better in the RZ last year off the zone read, TT is an elite runner , why are we not seeing something that was so damn successful last year, especially in the RZ?

That was our bread and butter, with Shady and Taylor it's extremely difficult to defend..

The run game in general is so uncreative it's brutal to watch sometimes. These pea brain announcer's predicted a couple runs! Watching Something so elite the last 2 years , with a RB that is still elite and a QB that is an elite runner is disheartening to watch.. How is this play not used more on early downs, it's almost a guarantee your going to break 2-3 big ones which win us this game, sure would have liked to see it at 1st and at the 12 . Jesus

Edited by JerseyBills

Yep. Been saying it for 5 games now. The O-coordinator stinks this year. Tyrods game is all about taking off, creating on the run, making teams fear his ability to keep the ball. Hes cemented in the pocket this year. Awful.

Yup. You saw what the cowgirls did in their second to last drive when Dak scored? We did that several times last yr. not this yr.

That was our bread and butter in the Red Zone, Taylor is easily the most slippery QB in the league, I just don't understand why they did not incorporate that in the O. I hope that changes during bye

Yep. Been saying it for 5 games now. The O-coordinator stinks this year. Tyrods game is all about taking off, creating on the run, making teams fear his ability to keep the ball. Hes cemented in the pocket this year. Awful.

I just think they are scared to death that Tyrod will be hurt if he is actively used on running plays with any frequency.

That is something the fan base at this forum has quieted down on, b/c Tyrod has been pretty healthy for a while now...

But remember how that used to be a heated talking point? Everyone was sure he'd miss multiple games per year because running QBs get injured in the NFL.

Hasn't really proven true with Tyrod but the threat and concern is still there, and I think the team dwells on that.

It is quite obvious McD is a very cautious, conservative dude, like they pretty much all are.

I just think they are scared to death that Tyrod will be hurt if he is actively used on running plays with any frequency.

That is something the fan base at this forum has quieted down on, b/c Tyrod has been pretty healthy for a while now...

But remember how that used to be a heated talking point? Everyone was sure he'd miss multiple games per year because running QBs get injured in the NFL.

Hasn't really proven true with Tyrod but the threat and concern is still there, and I think the team dwells on that.

It is quite obvious McD is a very cautious, conservative dude, like they pretty much all are.

Yeah we would really miss those 160 yards passing every game...

It just drives me up a wall.. We have an elite run game in back to back years, why even touch it? Is it an ego thing? It's as bad as Rex forcing the 34 with this personnel..

Taking away something Taylor is elite at is just baffling. Drives me crazy.. We have an elite D/ST, I hope they get back to the drawing board,swallow any egos and get this run game back on track, I have faith in this staff after the bye, back to back at home, gotta utilize Taylor's legs

Edited by JerseyBills

Yup.

What rex did to the defense is what dennison and castillo ha e done to the offense

That was our bread and butter in the Red Zone, Taylor is easily the most slippery QB in the league, I just don't understand why they did not incorporate that in the O. I hope that changes during bye

Same. This OC and OLcoach seem stubborn. Stubborn enouh tp let ducasse start

I really think what's hurting our Run game even more is the lack of a deep passing game.

1. Yesterdays' running stats are COMPLETELY different without that holding call on Logan Thomas.

2. Tolbert is not a replacement for Touchdown Mike G

3. Tyrod is not a pocket passer and his running stats would be adding to this offense if they would get him outside.

My take

The coaches as A WHOLE have taken the read option off the table to see if TT can be a traditional QB.

Him running for 500+ yards can mask his passing deficiencies and they want to see if he can play from the pocket for a 16 game schedule

He either can or can't and they will get their answer sooner rather than later

My take

The coaches as A WHOLE have taken the read option off the table to see if TT can be a traditional QB.

Him running for 500+ yards can mask his passing deficiencies and they want to see if he can play from the pocket for a 16 game schedule

He either can or can't and they will get their answer sooner rather than later

One would hope it would already be pretty apparent to NFL coaches

We were top 5 or better in the RZ last year off the zone read, TT is an elite runner , why are we not seeing something that was so damn successful last year, especially in the RZ?

That was our bread and butter, with Shady and Taylor it's extremely difficult to defend..

The run game in general is so uncreative it's brutal to watch sometimes. These pea brain announcer's predicted a couple runs! Watching Something so elite the last 2 years , with a RB that is still elite and a QB that is an elite runner is disheartening to watch.. How is this play not used more on early downs, it's almost a guarantee your going to break 2-3 big ones which win us this game, sure would have liked to see it at 1st and at the 12 . Jesus

If they really want to win, it would seem to be a no brainer but coaches and their egos never cease to amaze🤔

Heard an anecdote from OL Frank Garcia who has a radio show in Charlotte. He played for the Panthers the year that Seifert was there. They played a game where T. Biakabatuka was on fire in the first half and Seifert went away from him in the second and they lost. Garcia was one of the Captains and went in with a couple other guys to lobby for more running because it was that O lines strength. Seifert reply was something like, ' If i had my effing way we would throw the effing ball on every down.'

That was a brutal year for the Panthers.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

it might. but maybe Rico, at McBeane suggestion, is testing out TT as a pocket passer, progression passer, so see if he can do it. They said they were burning Sept/Oct to "find out what they had" .... this may be TT's test.... he even looks less agile this year unless I'm missing something... right? TT really looks slower this year, right??