Strethor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think you'd have to be one of the greatest QBs of all time to make that throw, imo.

Make the throw? No. By all means, let her rip. Even a cave man can do it.

Get the completion? Quite a bit harder. And it helps if you're at least good...

Make the throw? No. By all means, let her rip. Even a cave man can do it.

Get the completion? Quite a bit harder. And it helps if you're at least good...

That's what I mean. I feel like over half of the QBs in the league can complete that pass. Definitely not an easy pass, but maybe like a 6.5/10 difficulty. But yeah it helps if you're good and you have to be able to see the guy 1st.

I heard what Beuerlein said and Clay was not wide open, but Tyrod should have gotten rid of the ball.

I agree.

Clay is not wide open on this play but he was there, and Tyrod has to take a chance on that play.

With the game on the line like that, he cannot afford to hold onto the ball that long and take the sack.

I'm not a Tyrod hater, but he deserves criticism for a play like this.

What the hell are you looking at in the bottom pic. I see nothing.

The CB at the bottom of the shot (at the 40) has outside position. He also has no help underneath. Thats a throw he should make before WR even makes the cut.

Edited by MDH

No need to insult him. He probably is not that knowledgeable. Clay was plenty open enough if Tyrod put the ball in the right spot but he is not able to see him.

If you watch video t the end, Clay crosses field and is a good foot and half in front of db. Did you need t watch the whole thing??

And also a safety watching his every move getting ready to jump the route. I mean, it's possible, but I bet the safety gets there to either defend the pass or lay him out immediately. That's a long throw, and the time it takes the ball to get there, the defenders will be swarming.

A replay was televised of the all 22 straight down onto the field from a helicopter type view...

It was the play Tyrod got sacked on.

I couldn't catch who the receiver was, but a Bills receiver was crossing the field a good 15 or 20 yards out, from Tyrod's right to his left. He had single man coverage and his man was a good 2 steps behind him the whole way chasing him across the field...

Tyrod never saw him and took the sack.

It's hard to analyze this stuff b/c TV coverage of football is terrible...if you are trying to see what is going on down field.

Yep. THAT'S the guy he should have hit on that play. Much easier throw and he was more open.

The DB was right where he needed tp be in trail technique, As a small WR, Clay isn't big enough to shield the guy and it would have took a perfect pass to make that completion.

Not making excuses for TT, who could have tried fitting it in anyway--but that by no means is an "open" guy unless we're talking Brady, Rogers or maybe 2-3 other QBs...

"... in trail technique."

I absolutely love this.

You know what they call "trail technique" when there's no safety over the top or anyone else around? They call it getting beat.

You're right that he wasn't wide open, but he was open for the first down. The CB is both half a yard downfield of him and a couple of yards to Tyrod's right as Clay runs across the field to the left. It takes a good throw but not a great one. It's nonsense that that throw takes a Brady to make. If you can't make that throw with consistency you're not a franchise QB and probably not a QB that will ever have a team sticking with you for long as a starter.

Edited by Thurman#1

I agree.

Clay is not wide open on this play but he was there, and Tyrod has to take a chance on that play.

With the game on the line like that, he cannot afford to hold onto the ball that long and take the sack.

I'm not a Tyrod hater, but he deserves criticism for a play like this.

301hni1.jpg

Make the throw and trust him to catch it.

It is pretty sad you have been on here for 58k post and don't understand football enough to see Clay has plenty of separation. Listen to announcer he sees it.

Actually....what you should stop doing is listening to the announcers like they have any idea of what is going on in a particular play

that is a mistake that common fans make