Rushing Attack

I've seen the lack of receiving talent getting discussed around here but the what is just as important has been the lack of production of our run game.

Last season we had Shady running for almost 1300 yards and 13 TD's while averaging 5.4 yards per carry. Mike Gillislee ran for almost 600 yards and 8 TD's while averaging 5.7 ypc.

This season we have Shady running for 216 yards and 0 TD's while averaging 3.2 ypc and Mike Tolbert running for 135 yards and 1 TD and averaging 3.6 ypc.

Obviously we have to look at the offense holistically and with the lack much in the way of a passing attack, defenses can stack the box and play the run, but the same Tyrod Taylor was a part of both of these offenses and he looks to be playing at much the same level as last season. If we have the same level of production from our run game that we had last season, or even something close to it, we win these games handily. Unfortunately, there has been a massive drop off in production that will cost us games.

I wonder why teams don't bring in different coordintors for the rush and pass games if you think about it they're completely different skill sets. Roman's run schemes with Dennison's pass schemes could be great. But coaches are egotistical and want the whole thing to be theirs.

I wonder why teams don't bring in different coordintors for the rush and pass games if you think about it they're completely different skill sets. Roman's run schemes with Dennison's pass schemes could be great. But coaches are egotistical and want the whole thing to be theirs.

You'd think Dennison and McDermont would have seen how well the rushing attack did last year and just stayed with that dynamic while going with their own passing attack.

First one to say it (in past( Greg Roman has amazing run scheme designs. Best by far in league. Had a feeling a drop off but not this bad.

Roman and kromer both were big losses in the run game.

We did not invest in fixing the pass game or maintaining the run game unfortunately

I'm not going to put this all on Dennison.

We have been running good for years. Teams are putting 8 in the box and doubling shady... TT needs to connect deep to pull people out of the box

There's no room

Edited by Buffalo716

We have been running good for years. Teams are putting 8 in the box and doubling shady... TT needs to connect deep to pull people out of the box

There's no room

That's not at least in part a dennison issue too?

That's not at least in part a dennison issue too?

I mean we are 3-2 through 5 games and we have thrown and missed just about every deep ball to a WR this year.

Whether it was jones or Matthews or kaelin clay or Holmes we have not connected on any of our deep ball attempts. And they have been dialed up. They have usually just been overthrown or TT gets sacked or scrambles

Defenses wont back off until he actually connects and pushes them off

I mean we are 3-2 through 5 games and we have thrown and missed just about every deep ball to a WR this year.

Whether it was jones or Matthews or kaelin clay or Holmes we have not connected on any of our deep ball attempts. And they have been dialed up. They have usually just been overthrown or TT gets sacked or scrambles

Defenses wont back off until he actually connects and pushes them off

Did dennison help construct the offensive roster? (Warning, either answer puts him in part on the hook in my book)

Last I checked we have no one to throw to and everyone we play just keys on taking away McCoy.

All we see are 8 man fronts keyed on stopping McCoy because we don't have a single pass catcher on the roster who can threaten a defense on a route more than 10 yards down field.

Isnt Castillo our run game coordinator as well as o-line coach? Not sure how much say or responsibility he has when gameplanning.

I have no idea. Probably

I know crossman has pull because we kept a bunch of STs for him

If he didn't, I find that to be a problem. If he did, it's clearly a problem.

Likewise is the coaching staff his? Same answer from me there.

He can't be fully excused from the issues.

If he didn't, I find that to be a problem. If he did, it's clearly a problem.

Likewise is the coaching staff his? Same answer from me there.

He can't be fully excused from the issues.

This is not my opinion

But people around the league love Castillo our line coach. He's very liked and respected . But I don't like what he's doing with miller or our line play

Edited by Buffalo716

There's no room

Right on man, teams are game planing to stop the run and Tyrod has yet to make them change the plan. High respect for the run no respect for the throw, that leaves guys single covered and Tyrod still can't connect. Make him be a QB and the fail continues. Baltimore showed the league how to stop their old backup QB last season, make him be a QB.

Teams have been loading the box for 2+ seasons now. Why are some of you acting like this is new?

Our run blocking is putrid. I dont recall having so many runs for a loss as we've had so far. Our oline is getting beat at the point of attack. Our oline doesnt know what theyre doing. Thats coaching/scheme.