I realize the plan was to stockpile picks for next year..but

Super Bowl??? You think we are Super Bowl contenders this year? I admit, it would be nice to make the playoffs this year for the mere fact of getting that monkey off of the teams back...but selling a bright future that would hopefully include sustained success for the chance of making the playoffs this year? No thanks. Let the young guys take their lumps and see where the chips fall. Build the foundation this year. Next year, the walls. Year 3 will be the roof.

I never said anything like that. I said the GIANTS media was talking super bowl in the off-season and now they are 0-5. I was saying you never just write seasons off and expect next year to be anything. Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a need. There are players and coaches on the team they are trying to win now. They may not have jobs next season. Not to mention the fans. When you have a chance to go for it, you go for it. We are in a better spot for next years draft then we have been forever. 1 pick wont undo that. You never know when you will get another shot. Look st the Giants this year. I like an hour from MetLife: in the media, they were taking super bowl in the preseason. They are 0-5...When you have a chance to get in, you try and get in. You never know what next year will be. Swing for it now

Yeah, how did that work out?

Go for what exactly? It's an overachieving team playing their asses of for what looks to be a 7-9 season.

That's a good job by McBeane and all the talk will be about the Bills stockpile of picks come this spring. This season was all about not face planting and so far they have accomplished that whilst sending some me first guys packing.

A job well done, making moves for the non existent "now" would be a set back.

Go for what exactly? It's an overachieving team playing their asses of for what looks to be a 7-9 season.

That's a good job by McBeane and all the talk will be about the Bills stockpile of picks come this spring. This season was all about not face planting and so far they have accomplished that whilst sending some me first guys packing.

A job well done, making moves for the non existent "now" would be a set back.

No, it wouldnt be. If you can get Keenan Allen for a3rd, he not only will help you this year but he can help you going forward. Also the chances of a 3rd being as good as he is are slim to none. If you can get a wildcard and eve this drought, its worth it no question

Its all moot anyway. We all know this team will just go the cheap safe way and do nothing. We will just start players at WR that wouldnt even be on active rosters for good teams. Im sure we can win that way....Start some teams reject 3rd string trash and then complain about the qb not moving the ball

No, it wouldnt be. If you can get Keenan Allen for a3rd, he not only will help you this year but he can help you going forward. Also the chances of a 3rd being as good as he is are slim to none. If you can get a wildcard and eve this drought, its worth it no question

Its all moot anyway. We all know this team will just go the cheap safe way and do nothing. We will just start players at WR that wouldnt even be on active rosters for good teams. Im sure we can win that way....Start some teams reject 3rd string trash and then complain about the qb not moving the ball

Once you accept that the QB is a place holder and the roster is in flux you will better understand whats about to happen.

Once you accept that the QB is a place holder and the roster is in flux you will better understand whats about to happen.

I fully understand whats about to happen. I just think its wrong, I know we will sit on our hands and because of it, we will blow the season.

Next man up

Thats why we never win Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

I fully understand whats about to happen. I just think its wrong, I know we will sit on our hands and because of it, we will blow the season.

Thats why we never win

The new guys have shown some foresight so they get off easy with me. I see what needs to happen and that might not be the best thing for 17' but long term it gives me hope.

Keep competing. Nail the draft. End the misery.

Don't trade away assets in hope of limping into a playoff birth.

Boldin retired cause he knew he had nothing left. McD brought him here, he'd be playing today if not retiring.

I'd have zero problem bringing Stevie and VJax here. They are not long term solutions, but can get you this year and maybe another. Both productive former #1 guys, with leadership abilities and instant upgrades over what we have by ALOT.

VJax is definitely done. But i would give Stevie a chance

Most likely this is what will happen.

I agree as well. IMO, today was a prime example of the Bills doing what they have done in the past. They failed to do anything to upgrade the roster and instead just roll out whoever. The lack of WR talent on this roster is embarrassing and outside of Clay the TE talent is below average as well. Sure the Defense has improved but the offense has gone backwards. Sitting Glenn, having Miller non active and starting Ducasse are major head scratchers against a good Bengal DL. Is it really surprising the run game struggled yet again. This was a very winnable game and could of been a huge step forward. They would of had a two game lead in the division. My gut still tells me Beane and McDermott really aren't all in this year. If they win great but I really don't think that is the core objective this season. Hope I'm wrong but this game reminded me too much of the past.

I would add Dez Lewis to the list as well. Why not Shorts they are familiar with the system.

Enough of the Philly Brown talk.

Understood: Philly Brown is not a particularly good WR. But ... they signed him in the offseason after he played with McD in Carolina, so obviously McD saw something in him. He was in the rotation with the Panthers during their Super Bowl year, so he has some value. At this point the "no particularly good" thing is irrelevant! The relevant question is, "is he better than what we've got right now?" And it seems to me the answer is an obvious "yes," so I really don't understand why they sent him packing again.

Just enjoy the ****show, breath it in and just bask in it. Next year is the true beginning of something great, and we finally get our guy.

You have no idea that it will be that way. You are going to have way to many teams that need a qb that are worse then us. They dont have to trade out with us. The chiefs pick might be in the 30s. Nobody knows this and expecting it to be the case is just crazy. We are probably going to end up with the Losman of this draft and who would trust these guys to identify the right guy anyway?

This management is not going to make any knee jerk decisions. They are getting their guys and will add more next year.

Correct. Pretty difficult to bring starters in in week 6, unless they are already familiar with the offense. eg. Boldin would make sense. Is what it is. Free agents, raiding other teams practice squads.

This ain't fantasy football. Stick to the process. The team will work hard, but from a fans perspective, this season will be whatever it will be.

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

Now the same guys on wgr that always act like nothing matters beyond the qb, are complaining about the weapons tyrod has. Schopp did it yesterday too. All these guys do is say how trivial it is to talk about transactions of players from other position. They act like the nfl is a game if 1 on 1 between the qbs. Now all of a sudden its about the WRs not being good

Bringing players in during the season rarely adds much to the team during the same season. There is so much to learn, and so little time and practice to learn it. You VERY rarely see in-season trades in the NFL. This isn't MLB or the NHL.

I highly doubt they make a move for a 'name' receiver.

This is a good point. Maybe a running back or an edge rusher could make a difference immediately, as their job is a little more simple and requires less chemistry and team reps. But its probably too late for a WR this season.

Also we're assuming our WR's weren't getting open. Last year with Sammy, Woods and Clay Tyrod still had similar games to yesterdays.