I realize the plan was to stockpile picks for next year..but

I think the Bills FO owes it to the players to make a move for a WR. The Bills did a great job collecting future picks. So much so that in 18, we have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds. We are in great shape going in that regard. That seemed to be the plan going into this season.

I dont feel however, that the Bills FO expected us to be this competitive this season. In a down year in the AFC east and the AFC as a whole, the Bills have a legit shot at ending this drought. When healthy our receiving core is at best pedestrian. The way it is right now, is not even acceptable. We are sitting at 3-2 at the bye and very much alive. We have 2 weeks to get a new player ready to go. We have plenty of extra draft picks at our disposal. I feel the Bills need to use one of those picks, to go out and trade for a good WR. Not some teams 4th or 5th guy...A guy that can actually help. Take one of the 3rds we have and try and get either Pierre Garçon or Keenan Allen. Both of those guys would be our #1 WR tomorrow. They also are both on teams that are going nowhere. Tyrod Taylor is far from good, but he needs more help then this.

IMO this season is facing a crossroad. If we sit back and do nothing here, I cant see us going anywhere. If we go out and get a player that can actually help the offense, the playoffs are a real possibility. Even if we deal a 2nd or 3rd, we still have 5 other picks in those first 3 rounds. Make a move that helps us now. Go Bills!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Clay is lost for the season or even a month I don't see how Beane and McD have any choice but to make a move especially with Jordan Matthews already on the shelf.

Not saying we need to trade one of our 1st or 2nd round picks, but a 3rd rounder or later (+ Glenn possibly) can certainly land us a viable starter that would likely be 10X better than the slop we have now.

Why spend any draft picks?

There are plenty of FA's sitting, wanting a call whom can still ball.

Bring in Vincent Jackson and Stevie Johnson = Done (Both want to play and easily are better than anything we have)

Others who want a call:

Colston

V.CruZ

Do something Beane!

Late August Stevie says he wants to help!

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/24/16196050/stevie-johnson-buffalo-bills-receiver-anquan-boldin-retirement-sammy-watkins-jordan-matthews

Edited by Real McCoy

Bringing players in during the season rarely adds much to the team during the same season. There is so much to learn, and so little time and practice to learn it. You VERY rarely see in-season trades in the NFL. This isn't MLB or the NHL.

I highly doubt they make a move for a 'name' receiver.

Those guys are old and slow now. I want players that can help us now. Not 5 years ago

Stevie is 31, Cruz is 30 and VJAX is 34.

And I take any one of these guys over anything we have now.

It's OK to bring old ass Boldin in though at 36?

Edited by Real McCoy

The new guys have a bunch more changes to make, no need to invest anything further into this season. Keep the guys playing hard then execute during the offseason.

There is a need. There are players and coaches on the team they are trying to win now. They may not have jobs next season. Not to mention the fans. When you have a chance to go for it, you go for it. We are in a better spot for next years draft then we have been forever. 1 pick wont undo that. You never know when you will get another shot. Look st the Giants this year. I like an hour from MetLife: in the media, they were taking super bowl in the preseason. They are 0-5...When you have a chance to get in, you try and get in. You never know what next year will be. Swing for it now

Stevie is 31 and VJAX is 34.

And I take either one of these guys over anything we have now.

It's OK to bring old ass Boldin in though at 36?

Yeah, how did that work out?

Why spend any draft picks?

There are plenty of FA's sitting, wanting a call whom can still ball.

Bring in Vincent Jackson and Stevie Johnson = Done (Both want to play and easily are better than anything we have)

Others who want a call:

Colston

V.CruZ

Do something Beane!

Late August Stevie says he wants to help!

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/24/16196050/stevie-johnson-buffalo-bills-receiver-anquan-boldin-retirement-sammy-watkins-jordan-matthews

Yeah, I dont want to burn any draft picks during the bye week, but I would like to see a couple names brought in. Adjustments are going have to be made, interesting to see what happens.

Well stupidly end up using up all the picks we stock piled to move up in the draft to get our QB. When all we had to do is lose and use only one pick to get him. We have a terrible O-line no receivers and the oldest defence in the league we need to start losing cause this offence is a right off and we need to use all our picks to fixit and the higher the better

Edited by Kingston Bills Fan

There is a need. There are players and coaches on the team they are trying to win now. They may not have jobs next season. Not to mention the fans. When you have a chance to go for it, you go for it. We are in a better spot for next years draft then we have been forever. 1 pick wont undo that. You never know when you will get another shot. Look st the Giants this year. I like an hour from MetLife: in the media, they were taking super bowl in the preseason. They are 0-5...When you have a chance to get in, you try and get in. You never know what next year will be. Swing for it now

Super Bowl??? You think we are Super Bowl contenders this year? I admit, it would be nice to make the playoffs this year for the mere fact of getting that monkey off of the teams back...but selling a bright future that would hopefully include sustained success for the chance of making the playoffs this year? No thanks. Let the young guys take their lumps and see where the chips fall. Build the foundation this year. Next year, the walls. Year 3 will be the roof.

Yeah, how did that work out?

Boldin retired cause he knew he had nothing left. McD brought him here, he'd be playing today if not retiring.

I'd have zero problem bringing Stevie and VJax here. They are not long term solutions, but can get you this year and maybe another. Both productive former #1 guys, with leadership abilities and instant upgrades over what we have by ALOT.

Edited by Real McCoy

Most likely this is what will happen.

You also have to consider how unlikely it is that we actually use as many picks we have on players. We probably arent going to add that many rookies to the team so I expect us to use some picks to move up a few times and address some needs.

Edited by Bangarang