SAL M: Bills WRs have no business being starters.

JM2009

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes!

@FieldYates

Currently healthy Bills WRs/TEs: * Zay Jones * Andre Holmes * Brandon Tate * Kaelin Clay * Nick O'Leary * Logan Thomas * Khari Lee

how anyone can see that lineup and then proceed to crucify taylor, I have no idea.... I honestly don't know if I can remember a worse cast of "weapons" in the drought. its impressively bad. I can only chuckle becuz at one point last year I think I remember saying close to the same thing. LOLOL.

I recall it wasn't that long ago when we were all so happy Tyrod was finally going to have some legit weapons - Watkins, Boldin, Zay, Holmes. That fab four combined for one catch last week.

It's the NFL. There was a week where Antonio Brown had like one catch. Ups and downs in a season.

It's the NFL. There was a week where Antonio Brown had like one catch. Ups and downs in a season.

No doubt. And the Steelers lost an important one because of that. Big Ben followed up by wondering out loud whether he's lost it.

Calling BS on this one. TT can't get the ball out in time to hit open receivers. He held the ball way too long on Sunday and consequently got sacked a bunch of times. He needs to be able to read more quickly and get the ball out within three seconds. Until and unless he learns to do that it won't matter who his WR's are.

His numbers were pretty good when he had Watkins and Woods together on the field. So, you could swap our group with any group-right? All QB.

His numbers were pretty good when he had Watkins and Woods together on the field. So, you could swap our group with any group-right? All QB.

@ChrisTrapasso

Tyrod Taylor in games with his top two pass-catchers ('15-'16: Watkins/Woods) ('17: Matthews/Clay): 64% completion, 7.04 YPA, 32 TD, 7 INT

This from earlier aligns with thought (or fact?) that vast majority of NFL QBs are pretty reliant on (quality of) their top pass-catchers

@ChrisTrapasso

Tyrod Taylor in games with his top two pass-catchers ('15-'16: Watkins/Woods) ('17: Matthews/Clay): 64% completion, 7.04 YPA, 32 TD, 7 INT

This from earlier aligns with thought (or fact?) that vast majority of NFL QBs are pretty reliant on (quality of) their top pass-catchers

Good stat to keep handy.

Remember when some people were arguing that the 2017 WR corps was better than that from last season.

I remember. I recall people saying Zay Jones was an upgrade over Bob Woods too.

There was that one poster that laid it out position by position and said the Bills were either the same level talent wise or better everywhere - that there were no downgrades.

I know people are sick of hearing it - but - who doesn't think this receiving corps would be immensely better if Sam Watkins was still on it.

The receiving corps debacle falls squarely on the shoulders of Mr. Beane.

Well we sucked with last year's receiving core as well. What's the common denominator?

Poor WR quality. Poor pass protection. Oh and the defense is playing much better. We've been 10th and 11th in scoring these past 2 seasons. Maybe we do need a better QB, but it would be nice if he had someone to throw to.

Carson Wentz, the Legion of Boom and the Rams are just some of the most electrifying NFL stories five weeks into the 2017 season. See the other teams who made Gregg Rosenthal's list of most exciting squads.
Moving down

Buffalo's offensive depth: Losing wide receiver Jordan Matthews shouldn't be this devastating for the Bills' offense, but the team simply doesn't have any other reliable wideouts. Matthews' loss will be felt even more following the knee injury to tight end Charles Clay, which will require surgery. It's amazing that Tyrod Taylor, No. 31 in the league in attempts entering Sunday, threw the ball 25 times in the first half of a game where his top weapon was tight end Nick O'Leary.