Blame this loss on FO

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give McDermott and Beane credit for fixing the defense faster than anyone could imagine. Some of it is just getting rid of Ryan but still the FO should get the credit.

But, going into the game with a rookie WR that can't catch as the only viable WR is inexcusable. Even with Mathews they are a below average to bad group.

They must make a trade. They need a true deep threat or they will never get the running game going.

They don't have to do anything. This is year one...a throwaway year for most regimes. If they get a boatload of impact players in the 2018 draft, will you blame them for that too?

Perhaps consideration is due here that the veteran QB who can't throw may be having some impact on the rookie WR who can't catch?

Great point. Tyrod keeps hitting Zay Jones in the hands.

The issue is that they were the best running team in the league for 2 years with much of the same personnel. It's design. I get that they have no one that scares people on the outside but our receivers, especially minus a healthy Watkins, weren't exactly elite.

Our receiver corps is arguably the worst in the league. I'm comfortable in saying that. So there is no disagreement between us on that issue. But it also not surprising that teams adjust to what other teams do well. I strongly believe that until the qb position is dramatically upgraded and a more well rounded passing game is instituted that our offense is going to remain a little better than being impotent.

No one on this board has been more willing to acknowledge Watkins's talents. If he were still with Buffalo his talents would be squandered because of the caliber of the qb. That's the real issue!

Honestly, I feel like we would be, I really do.

If Watkins is not making a major impact with the Rams and a better qb in Goff then how would he be so impactful with the Bills with a lesser passer? I have said it many times whether with Sammy or not the Bills are not a playoff team. This is a rebuilding team with a lot of needs. Watkins by himself is not the difference maker that you and others are making him out to be.

People are forgetting how bad Groy was last preseason at Guard. He played very well at Center for Wood but as a guard he was terrible.

If everyone is this mad at Beane for the WR debacle, wait until we start to analyze what he is doing to our cap with trades and cuts. So much dead cap will be on the books the next two years.

8-8 You tell them. Who would trade us a top receiver anyway? Nobody. I don't want Watkins back. TT had little or no practice with our WR. Mathews got hurt on his first practice play. Let TT run also and make the D think about him also. I'm happy with 3-2. The next two games will tell us if the staff adjusted. Be Happy.