Blame this loss on FO

Give McDermott and Beane credit for fixing the defense faster than anyone could imagine. Some of it is just getting rid of Ryan but still the FO should get the credit.

But, going into the game with a rookie WR that can't catch as the only viable WR is inexcusable. Even with Mathews they are a below average to bad group.

They must make a trade. They need a true deep threat or they will never get the running game going.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give McDermott and Beane credit for fixing the defense faster than anyone could imagine. Some of it is just getting rid of Ryan but still the FO should get the credit.

But, going into the game with a rookie WR that can't catch as the only viable WR is inexcusable. Even with Mathews they are a below average to bad group.

They must make a trade. They need a true deep threat or they will never get the running game going.

I like the team comes 1st concept , but its very possible Buffalo is 5 - 0 with Sammy IMO.

That WR group today was terrible. Can't remember the last time that the Bills started a game with a worse set of WRs. The offense lacks explosiveness and the play calling looks like its trying to build 15 play drives.

The decision to pass on Watson and trade Watkins looks bad today.

I like the team comes 1st concept , but its very possible Buffalo is 5 - 0 with Sammy IMO.

What was the downside of keeping Watkins this year? None. If he was great then tag him ot let him walk for a big contract and get the comp pick.

Gaines is good but Darby was serviceable too.

What was the downside of keeping Watkins this year? None. If he was great then tag him ot let him walk for a big contract and get the comp pick.

I've been saying this too and I've never even been a Watkins fan.

It's just hard to understand this new regime's thought process if they truly weren't tanking and expected to compete with a makeshift WR roster that's arguably among the worst, if not the absolute worst, since the drought started 17 years ago.

Bottom line is Beane telegraphed this offense being one dimensional and the consequences that have resulted now that McCoy and the entire running game has been rendered obsolete in Buffalo.

I don't follow comp picks. What would the Bills have got though if Watkins would have signed as a FA after this year on a different team?

Edited by Real McCoy

I've been saying this too and I've never even been a Watkins fan.

It's just hard to understand this new regime's thought process if they truly weren't tanking and expected to compete with a makeshift WR roster that's arguably among the worst, if not the absolute worst, since the drought started 17 years ago.

Bottom line is Beane telegraphed this offense being one dimensional and the consequences that have resulted now that McCoy and the entire running game has been rendered obsolete in Buffalo.

The thought process was get rid of watkins, who they probably viewed as injury prone and a cancer and who they were going to let walk anyway-- and then get Jordan Matthews as a stop gap for this year. I also suspect they figured Zay would help with the drop off.

O-line is a disgrace. Why sign Groy and start Ducasse?

Why is Mills in the NFL? If the wanted to rest Glenn until Tampa then why dress him this week?

Dawkins is much much worse than CK.

The run scheme blows too.

Agree on why Groy is not at RG. He's an immediate upgrade. Injuries are terrible, but we lost today because of poor QB play, and that's the harsh truth.