McDermott noncommittal of Glenn starting LT

It figures.

Agreed.

Too many Madden players on TSW. It took HOW many years to get a good / above average LT and now, with the first injury of his career, some people just want to flush that for some unknown if-come?

That's the recipie that's kept them out of the playoffs for 17 years...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Too many Madden players on TSW. It took HOW many years to get a good / above average LT and now, with the first injury of his career, some people just want to flush that for some unknown if-come?

That's the recipie that's kept them out of the playoffs for 17 years...

Technically the second injury of his career. He missed a few games last year. Maybe for the same reason though, I can't remember the injury last year.

@joebuscaglia

Left tackle Cordy Glenn, though active for the game, did not take a single snap on offense. #Bills

Maybe Glenn thought he could go and he bailed out right before the game. I wonder if the rain played a factor. Rest up and be ready for the Bucs in two weeks.

Dawkins was dreadful yesterday.Trading Glenn makes no sense to me either.. The OL needs to be a place of strength for this team do anything this year, next year or in the foreseeable future. That doesn't happen by trading your best OL talent and hoping to replace him in the draft. We have too many other needs to be adding LT to the shopping list this offseason.

Glenn is only a $3.2 million dollar dead cap hit post June 1 cut. Saves around $11 million from his salary.

I think McDermott is moving on from him....just startling it early. Sal C is discussing it now that's what he thinks.

i listened to the Sal segment and agree... I think he will be traded. I believe it could be due to his long term health and contract. Just my impression from what's going on. Edited by YoloinOhio

i listened to the Sal segment and agree... I think he will be traded. I believe it could be due to his long term health and contract. Just my impression from what's going on.

It has to be. There's no way McDermott believes Glenn isn't better than what we have now.

I didn't catch anything on the segment on what the cap hit would be if he was traded.

It has to be. There's no way McDermott believes Glenn isn't better than what we have now.

I didn't catch anything on the segment on what the cap hit would be if he was traded.

Listening to McDermott's postgame presser, it didn't sound like any trade is in the works. They didn't want to rush him back into the starting lineup coming off injury because the last time they did that out of preseason he suffered a setback with the injury.

Listening to McDermott's postgame presser, it didn't sound like any trade is in the works. They didn't want to rush him back into the starting lineup coming off injury because the last time they did that out of preseason he suffered a setback with the injury.

But why wouldn't he commit to Glenn when he's healthy?

Something is up. You don't have the second highest paid LT in the league sitting when healthy. Or having him lining up at RT during the pregame.

They had him taking reps at both LT and RT in pregame as the 3rd tackle. With the bye week just ahead and Dawkins coming off two relatively solid games, it wasn't a bad strategy going into the game.

They had him taking reps at both LT and RT in pregame as the 3rd tackle. With the bye week just ahead and Dawkins coming off two relatively solid games, it wasn't a bad strategy going into the game.

I don't think it was a bad strategy either but you know something is up.

Healthy enough to play Special teams and practice all week but not a single snap in the game on offense?