No one should be surprised. This is 2014 all over again.

A very good (top 5) defense and a terrible (bottom five) offense. Put them together and every week is a grind where the defense has to play absolutely perfect for the team to squeak out a win every week.

They're not winning the division. They're not getting a Wild Card. Stop with the "this year feels different" stuff. They're going to win somewhere between 6 and 9 games.

The reason I feel better about the team than I do in 2014 is because I just like McDermott better and think he has a higher ceiling as a head coach than Marrone. Plus, the unit that is thriving is the unit that the HC specializes in.

The offense needs to be completely overhauled. Quarterback (although I hope Peterman gets a chance because I think he could possibly be good and I'd like to see), wide receivers, running back, OLinemen. All are needs. It's going to take a while for that to happen.

Temper your expectations for this team. Be patient. Trust the process.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

And it 2014 at least we had a coach that knew a QB change was needed despite the team starting 2-2.

Yes we are 3-2 with Taylor but without the defense we'd be 1-4 and we are simply delaying the inevitable sticking with an extremely limited player that offers nothing other than the occassional scramble and big play. But even those type of plays have been few and far between this year because opposing teams have shut down McCoy and the rushing offense.

2014 had players at WR tho. I get your point tho. Hopefully Dennison can learn to scheme someone open and maybe we bring in a WR during the bye week with clay out.

That's easy, all he has to do is scheme the WRs to be 15 feet tall.

This is too many key players getting injured and lack of overall depth to make up for it. I'd like to think if we have Matthews and Clay we likely win this game today...the other WRs could get little to no separation and the run game was kind of blah...

Toss in every big play they had on offense seemed to get called back on penalty including one that was a Tyrod scramble that would have put us in field goal range and another that was a long McCoy run that was deep into Cincy territory and called back on a hold.

They are going to have a lot of games looking like today as injuries creep in as the season goes along.

I don't think the plan was to necessarily be good this year, but I think the team is ahead of schedule in a lot of ways.

I'm OK with it...we are still early on in this whole thing and they will likely be substantially better next year with the influx of all those rookies they will be drafting and a few FA signings perhaps...

This doesn't feel like 2014 at all... we actually have a plan in place and are going somewhere this time.

New to twobillsdrive but have followed for a long time as the information is always current, so thank you for that. But these radical thoughts after a game are ridiculously funny.

Glad none of us are professional athletes with a twitter account

Before the season, i would have predicted Broncos and Falcons as a loss with a win over Cincy...........well, the Bills never disappoint when it comes to mixing things up.

They certainly dont. But hey, ill take 2-1 over 1-2 in those games

It's professional malpractice if they don't address the WR and TE positions with experienced players during the bye.They can't roll out practice squad and call it a day.

If they are willing to part with a 3rd round pick they can likely address one of these positions and land an NFL caliber player.

No excuse to not address RB as well, Tolbert is not the answer and we need to try something else as McCoy continues to struggle.

The Biils showed you can't win in this league even with a strong defense and a good running game. If you can't throw, you're too easy to stop. Take out Watkins, Matthews, Charles Clay, and Robert Woods -- what would you expect to happen? Andre Holmes is the opposite of a 7-11 -- he's never open. Zay Jones could turn out OK but he's getting doubled. There just isn't any talent left. Kaelin Clay's biggest play of his career came when he was playing for the University of Utah. Utah was playing Oregon when Oregon was really good, and Clay caught a long pass and was running in for a TD that would put Utah up by 14. But the showboat dropped the ball just before crossing the goal line, just friggin dropped it on purpose thinking he'd already scored, and the Oregon defender picked it up and ran it back for a TD the other way. Tie game and Utah would go on to lose and lose a chance for the Rose Bowl. So that's our new go-to guy.

It hurt a lot to have Mabin playing in place of E.J. Gaines. And apparently no one playing in place of Humber, whom I'd never heard of before this season, but who showed by his absence how good he is.

If Charles Clay is seriously injured, it's tank time. Either that or the Bills mortgage their future by trading too much for a third-rate WR or TE. I'd prefer the tank. Let the friggin Jets beat us twice to get to 5-11 and we edge them out for whoever the second-best looking QB is. Cleveland will take the best looking one and sprinkle poison fairy dust on him, and his career will be over before it starts.

Edited by Utah John