I said I would give TT until the bye to prove himself

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team should be 5-0 though.

In my opinion Peterman could have easily duplicated what Tyrod has done this season in this system so yes I agree we could be 5-0. Peterman outplayed Tyrod on a huge level in preseason, this system is geared for a QB like Peterman while this system is horrible for Tyrod it's not Taylor made easy.

Edited by xRUSHx

HE did again. Can't lead a 4th Quarter comeback, can't read his progressions quickly enough, string bean arm, and can't seem to pass for over 200 yards consistently.

I am done with him. QB change after the break. Spend the next two weeks grooming Peterson.

Man, why you throwing shade?

You're on meds, aren't you?

We're going to hear the same excuses we do every year:

1) Look who he's throwing to!
*Note: They also said that about Losman, Edwards, Orton, Fitzpatrick, Holcomb, EJ, etc.

2) Our OC/HC isn't calling the right plays!
*Note: They also said that about Hackett, Lynn, Roman, Gailey, AVP, etc.

3) The O-line can't block!
*That's just a half-truth that has been said every year since Bledsoe

4) But all the injuries!
*Every team has them, it's inevitable, yet somehow others prevail while the Bills falter

5) He doesn't turn the ball over!
*Considering how little he's on the field with all the 3 & outs, it's not saying much. Edwards also didn't throw many interceptions...

6) Yards don't matter!
*Yards are a byproduct of a successful passing game. They don't magically appear on the stat sheet. If it weren't for guys like Shady often making big YAC, Tyrod's passing yards would look even more pedestrian. He doesn't get those yards because drives are usually dead within a minute & a half of the offense taking the field. They don't mean EVERYTHING, but look at Dalton today. He moved their offense successfully time & time again. His two turnovers were from a tipped pass and a perfect pass right through the hands of one of the best WR's in the League. The fumble was on a nice completed pass jarred loose by a great hit by Alexander. Dalton however wasn't fazed, and persevered through the end, and had the yards to show for it.

7) The dropped balls!
*Again, everybody deals with dropped balls. The Bengals had a TON of them today, sometimes in succession. It happens to everyone, but good QB's are accurate enough to overcome that by hitting the next guy up.

8) He's got a high completion percentage!
*True, he usually does. But completion percentage is only part of the picture. When that number is inflated by checkdowns (and it is, Shady is our leader in receptions this year with 27, behind our TE with 20....the next closest is Jordan Matthews with 10 receptions) it doesn't mean as much in-game.

9) He's 10th in Yards per Attempt at 7.52!
*Not anymore. However, it doesn't mean much anyway..He was right in the middle of a large pack, with only tenths of a yard separating him from anyone. Carson Palmer is 21st with 7.01 while Cam Newton is 6th with 7.88. After this game however, Taylor is at 6.69 Yards per Attempt, placing him at 25th, just behind Eli Manning at 6.71. But like I said, not that a significant stat - people like Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, etc. were all below him, and their on-field play FAR surpasses Tyrod. People like Case Keenum, Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, Kevin Hogan, etc. are all at the top, but are not the same caliber QBs.

10) He keeps plays alive!
* He's also tied for second most sacks in the league with Matthew Stafford. His mobility has helped get him out of bad situations, but it's often put him in those situations too. Either A) He hangs on to the ball too long like he did on our final drive today, or B) He gets happy feet too quickly, feeling pressure that isn't there yet, and takes off running (often times right into an opposing linemen).

All in all, he's still probably our best chance to win games this year. Given our history at developing rookie QB's, it's unlikely Peterman would be any more successful once in-game. We'd likely try to run an even more conservative offense, limit his chances to turn the ball over, and ultimately end up making our play-calling as predictable as the Jauron days. We'll run on 1st, run on 2nd, pass/checkdown on 3rd. Rinse & repeat. I don't think he's bad, but he has a lot of flaws that people want to pass off on anyone & everyone else. He's a game manager, and only a DECENT one at that. I'd take 2014 Kyle Orton over Tyrod any day though.

Edited by BigDingus

It is a team sport! This particular team is noted to be a run first team and needs that run game to work in all situations to help the passing game. Regardless that the passing game was lacking it's two best options in Clay, Matthews. Nick O'Leary was the leading receiver 5 rec for 54 yards. Meanwhile, the Bengals have AJ Green 7 rec 189 yards, one TD.

Buffalo with 82 yards total rushing, 24 attempts @ 3.2 yards per rush is not good enough. McCoy is a great RB that is reminiscent of what I used to see in Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson in Buffalo in that these guys simply can't get it done mostly all by themselves. The problem is not McCoy.

The defensive coaches changed this year along with the scheme and look how good the defense is this year! Currently, Buffalo is #17 in rushing yards, 26th in rushing TDs with one. This after being the #1 rushing team for 2016, 2015.

The line, the receiving corps or lack thereof, the line coach and new OC look to be more of a problem over the QB. IMO

HE did again. Can't lead a 4th Quarter comeback, can't read his progressions quickly enough, string bean arm, and can't seem to pass for over 200 yards consistently.

I am done with him. QB change after the break. Spend the next two weeks grooming Peterson.

Didn't you start the TT haters thread.

So OP you start the BS TT hater thread calling people out with quoted below. Who is actually suffering psychopathy and narcissism?

"Knowing their psychopathy and narcissism, they will problem say something like "give it time" and are still secretly hoping he will fail.

But it's nice now they are gone and eating crow and huge amounts of humble pie."

Edited by Real McCoy

Man, why you throwing shade?

You're on meds, aren't you?

I'm throwing shade on a team that lost on an offense that looked flat and a QB that I gave the benefit of the doubt to, but hasn't produced much in the first five games?

Okay. . .I'll pass on whatever logic this is. Shade is when the team wins and people still whine about crap.

So OP you start the BS TT hater thread calling people with quoted below. Who is actually suffering psychopathy and narcissism?

I said that after a win when TT looked like he was turning the corner, so I as optimistic. I saw last week's game as possibly a turning point because he finally had a good game. Then he returns to normal. Jesus Christ, WTF is wrong with you people? I'm supposed to throw him under the bus after a good game?

My BS thread, son, was stated after a win after listening to the TT haters complain all week about him. As I said, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and started to believe he was turning it around. After this week, I don't see it happening any time soon. Satisfied, or do you want to continue this idiotic sophistry?

I just saw the replay of the game......

Clay goes out early but was making plays

Zay still dropping passes

OL letting him get swarmed play after play

NO deep threat receiver...who were his receivers today anyway?

Despite all this......the game was close and he did make plays with his arm....this was the first game in which he didnt make key late plays in games this year and they lost.

Not gonna win them all....did you think we were going win them all?

In my opinion Peterman could have easily duplicated what Tyrod has done this season in this system so yes I agree we could be 5-0. Peterman outplayed Tyrod on a huge level in preseason, this system is geared for a QB like Peterman while this system is horrible for Tyrod it's not Taylor made easy.

You absolutely do not know that