Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

The loss today was not on him. WRs were MIA, Clay out early and the running game was shut down. Dennison offer no wrinkles or challenge the banged up Bengal secondary. Peterson will not do any better.

Not sure at this point. TT was flat out terrible today. NP will turnover the ball more but at least he'll throw the damn ball before a receiver is wide open and jumping up and down for the ball.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trubisky has Chicago fans on crack just to see if they might have a franchise QB. They are giving him his 1st start on Monday night.

The Bears also have horrid offensive weapons that the QB before him couldn't utilize. The WR's on the Bears are not good but they have been open on more than a few plays where Glennon's poor field vision has killed the offense.

I'm pretty sure Peterman can pass for 190 and a TD right out of the gates.

I'm pretty sure in the last couple years you were begging to bring Glennon in here.

Might be a sorry looking group, but if Peterson can anticipate plays better it may help these guys out. Watching Tyrod, it makes me think he doesnt even know the routes these guys are running sometimes. Like hes just waiting for someone to break free and be completely open.

That's exactly what he's looking for. He can't read a defense, he can't anticipate a throw. It has ALWAYS been this way with him.

Not a Peterman lover. But Tyrod does suck. Why stick with suck. Give another one a crack at sucking.

For the record... I am old school, I even think platooning works if you can get past the way some players think.

Thanks for this post

Peterman can't run as fast as Taylor, put a slower QB behind our line and we may see manslaughter on the field.

On the flipside he gets rid of the ball faster. While I don't think Peterman would play any better than Tyrod, there are pros to his play that Tyrod doesn't have. There are pros to Tyrods play that Peterman doesn't have. I'm not advocating a switch. There is a reason the coaching staff continues to say Tyrod is our starter.

Not going to happen and shouldn't.

I agree that it's never going to happen. The defense had three big turnovers and a huge punt return, and the offense just did not step up. That last series has happened way too many times with Tyrod under center.

It's still very early, but at this point it's really just see what happens this season, then leverage our picks to try and get a franchise QB. Let him battle with Peterman in the offseason.

Edit: "try to get" added.

Edited by fridge

On the flipside he gets rid of the ball faster. While I don't think Peterman would play any better than Tyrod, there are pros to his play that Tyrod doesn't have. There are pros to Tyrods play that Peterman doesn't have. I'm not advocating a switch. There is a reason the coaching staff continues to say Tyrod is our starter.

There is not some blue chip rookie waiting in the wings to take this team to the promised land.

There is not some blue chip rookie waiting in the wings to take this team to the promised land.

They say this every year. Tyrod is also not going to take this team to the promised land. It's not really worth debating though. The franchise will make the right call here. For once I have faith.

What I fail to understand is why Tyrod is not taking off and running more. Is he being told to stay in the pocket and go through progressions? If so thats a big fail by Dennison. Tyrods game is taking off and running when things break down. Thats when he has success

Why is it so hard to understand??

I agree with Dennisn 100% , Tyrod had his ALL-STAR WR/TE healthy ready to roll , NICE WEATHER to throw the ball , on a day like today there was no reason to even try and run ,

Not a Peterman lover. But Tyrod does suck. Why stick with suck. Give another one a crack at sucking.

For the record... I am old school, I even think platooning works if you can get past the way some players think.

If you're really old school, then Peterman shouldn't start for another 4 years. :nana:

I like Peterman, but OP must be young. If you have not seen the likes of Dennis Shaw, Dan Darragh and countless others, you may not have a full appreciation of just how bad it could be. I do trust this admin to know if there is a point where it is likely Peterman can give us a better chance than TT. I don't think that is likely this year, but these guys should know if he is ready.

I never said there was, nor do I think there is.

How? Taylor averages 180 yards a game. Has he ever lead a 2 min drill to win a game? What has Taylor done that you think Peterman would be THAT much worse?

You don't watch enough NFL if you don't think it could get worse.