Random Thoughts Thread

RaoulDuke79

shelter.jpg

On 4/30/2023 at 12:08 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Who decided that vanilla Dairy Queen ice cream no longer needs to have a vanilla flavour?! 🤨 Had a cone last Fall; thought the owner just was skimping to let the season's stock run out.  Tried one an hour ago, different location, now I am thinking it's 'cheapness'. 😠

the last time I ate there made me sick. Nasty never again. #bananasplit

the plain vanilla is tasteless  beyond sickeningly sweet and vile. McDonalds vanilla swirl  cone MUCH Better not even close. 

I passed by gas stations around us with gas for $3.25 today. I get to the gas station outside our neighborhood and cars are lined up to buy gas for $3.89. I’m not cheap, but I’m not stupid, either. I want to pull in and question these people, which would result in absolutely nothing good. 

57 minutes ago, Augie said:

I passed by gas stations around us with gas for $3.25 today. I get to the gas station outside our neighborhood and cars are lined up to buy gas for $3.89. I’m not cheap, but I’m not stupid, either. I want to pull in and question these people, which would result in absolutely nothing good. 

Thank computers.  I had it switched right in front of my eyes once.

Makes tacit collusion with the surrounding gas stations all that more efficient.  Even the signs can change in an instant. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thank computers.  I had it switched right in front of my eyes once.

Makes tacit collusion with the surrounding gas stations all that more efficient.  Even the signs can change in an instant. 

It’s not about the signs. They weren’t all exactly $3.25, but not much more than $.05 different. EXCEPT the guy at $3.89, and people are still lining up to buy his gas. That was my point. I asked a friend what he thought of that, and he said he never looked or paid attention to the price. He just pulls in and fills up. But unless you are traveling, don’t you know how high that is? 

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s not about the signs. They weren’t all exactly $3.25, but not much more than $.05 different. EXCEPT the guy at $3.89, and people are still lining up to buy his gas. That was my point. I asked a friend what he thought of that, and he said he never looked or paid attention to the price. He just pulls in and fills up. But unless you are traveling, don’t you know how high that is? 

Just use https://www.gasbuddy.com/ ... varies around here like that too, sometimes within 1 mile.

17 hours ago, Augie said:

Could be convivence for them.  I have two Sunoco stations near me.  One I drive by every day.  The other is not too far, but I have to go out of my way to go there, and that one is typically 5 cents less than the one closest to my house.  (I have the Sunoco credit card that gets me 5 cents off the cash price) So I usually use the one closer to home, unless I'm out running errands near the other one.  We also have a Costco about a 5-10 minute drive from home, depending on how many red lights I hit.  There is always a line there, so even though it's the cheapest, near me, I avoid it because I'd rather just pull in, pump, and go.  Not wait 10 minutes just to get to a pump. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

Anyone use DashPass from Door Dash?  I got a free one year membership through one of my credit cards.  I'd debating keeping it once it expires this month, since it's "only" $9.99/month.  I've definitely used it enough, with the travel I do for work, I use it at least twice a month.  They sent me an email showing how I've saved over $1000 in fees and discounts using it in the last year.  

My dad used to say, 'You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did. 

You can call me a sum-B word but you're gonna do it long distance

“ Relationship issues are like pancakes. No matter how flat you make it it’s got two sides!!” 

Phil McGraw

Edited by muppy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thoughts while driving:  In Avengers: Infinity War, Thanos snapped and a lot of people disappeared.  In Avengers: End Game, The Hulk snapped and brought them back.  In the Disney+ series Hawkeye, you see how this looks to someone that was lost to the Blip in a scene featuring Yelena.  Now that got me thinking, if someone returns to the exact same spot they were in when they left, how would that affect people that were in some sort of transport when it happened? Does someone driving just reappear on a road?  What if someone was on a bus, or subway?  Or a plane?  Do they suddenly just reappear 30,000+ feet in the sky? The plane is not there anymore.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.