Random Thoughts Thread

RaoulDuke79

It often amazes me how unfairly bicyclists are treated. Here is a clip from the under-23 Giro d'Italia where you can see the bicyclists helping cars and motorcycles up a steep mountain pass. Can you imagine that they were all disqualified?

Sexism is alive and well. My wife went to the Lexus dealer today to drive the Hybrid version of her current car. She went alone on her way home from a hair appointment. I was walking the dog at the park and saw no reason to join her. She can do whatever she wants as far as a new car goes. It’s pretty simple.

Or, so we thought! She went into the sales office to find a few sales people engaged with customers, and other employees (sales and otherwise) just engaged with each other. When a guy or a couple went by they were always greeted and asked if they could be helped. My wife stood and watched this over and over, while nobody said so much as hello to the female standing there, in a sales office, by herself. She watched in amazement….until she stormed out. “It was like I was INVISIBLE!” 

• 6 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 1:01 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

2023: Canadian McDonalds do have Shamrock shakes. 🙂

Canadian McDonalds do not have McRib sandwiches. 🙁

2024!!!  McRib available again as of January 30 at Ontario McDonalds!  
It will probably be one of those 'limited time only' offers.  You can only churn out so much Soylent Green that looks like ribs. 🤔

17 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If I an having a problem with termites, vermin, bedbugs, or similar, do I want the exterminator wheeling into my driveway in this?

image.thumb.jpeg.d8548bfbb5bb8a15257ea69ac807e0de.jpeg

🤔
One of those white contractor vans would seem more discreet.

That looks like a Mickey Mouse operation. This is better:

Untitled.jpg.d42c4a6862e446a4f8ead0252662b788.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.