A question about moving to new message board software

SDS

https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3111943?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Found the answer. If we lose the shoutbox we can just have a link in a TBD thread for people to join a google hangout chatroom. I guess that would solve the problem and Scott doesnt have to worry about it. Maybe he can create a small Tab on The Stadium Wall that directs people to the Google hangout chat. Just an idea.

The reason the shoutbox works so succesfully is the availability at the top of the page in my humble opinion.

I feature I might add that I have not found on any other site.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I more than likely will do something over the bye weekend. I'm either going to upgrade the front page or upgrade the forums. The front page needs the most help to be honest but this is a close second.

I more than likely will do something over the bye weekend. I'm either going to upgrade the front page or upgrade the forums. The front page needs the most help to be honest but this is a close second.

I think the front page definitely needs work before the forums.

SDS, can you install the 'new' alongside the 'legacy' and see what transpires? or, is that not an option?

As a former BBMB user I'm no stranger to migration. Wondering what TBD veterans thoughts are here. Ultimately, it is your call, which is understandable. I'll be here no matter what. Make it so.

I should add that BBMB never gave us a window for input as you have so generously presented. Shut us down out of nowhere and lost years of (presumably) epic content on their whim. Not fun. Do what you need to do. GO BILLS!

It's fun to sift through the old threads to remind someone of a prior post but I think there'll be plenty of fodder moving forward. I will miss the Skelton thread however.

I saw people reference it but cant see where Sds said it. Will post counts be reset?

Good question.

As long as there is a separate archive of the old posts, that should be enough. I can't imagine people would use it much, but getting rid of it completely would be a little disappointing.

As for the shoutbox, I don't often use it, but I find it's a nice thing to have on game days. It's a good way to communicate (usually commiserate) with others during the action, better than game day threads.

Lose the history

I agree man, why would anyone want to bring up the last 17 years. A old thread comes up it gets ditched again in no time anyway.

Start fresh and new and let's cruise to a new beginning