Would putting Glenn on the trading block make sense?

I just thought it was an interesting thought. It would free up more cap space, net us another draft pick in return

CBF

The Bills don't need more future cap space so they can build the mythical winning team they've been building for seventeen years and have never been able to build because they're always trading away their best players to free up more cap space to build the great team in the future that never materializes. Enough is enough!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we could trade him for a legit #1 WR than why not?

For me Glenn is just ok even when healthy, but he's not elite and certainly replaceable given his contract.

Well, why not? First class LTs are almost as easy to find as good RBs and DBs. Maybe the Bills could coax Langston Walker out of retirement. //sarcasm

Edited by SoTier

What does this mean, and what are you basing it on?

Metrics, he's never consistently graded out as a top LT in this league. He's a better run blocker than a pass blocker but I've never truly believed he's an elite player similar to Wood...an above average player most of the time, but has a handful of terrible games throughout the season.

For me Glenn is just ok even when healthy, but he's not elite and certainly replaceable given his contract.

You have been trending this way since showing up around here but with this latest example of your "evaluation" skills, I believe you should now be rated as Officially Ignorable. We can skip past your posts with a clear conscience.

What does this mean, and what are you basing it on?

OK is average. Average is average. You're not elite, and you're not bad. In the middle which imo fits Glenn

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-offensive-linemen-rankings 18th here. Can't fall in love and over-rate the guy

Edited by MarkyMannn

You have been trending this way since showing up around here but with this latest example of your "evaluation" skills, I believe you should now be rated as Officially Ignorable. We can skip past your posts with a clear conscience.

Glenn is an average player who is overpaid and often injured, and the the only difference between him and Dareus is he's not making quite as much money and not a headcase.

If we could trade Glenn for a player that could help us elsewhere like a starting LB or WR it would be foolish not to pull the trigger.

It would make sense to try and trade Glenn only if the Bills are convinced that he's in a downward spiral in terms of his proneness to injury and his physical condition. I'm not yet convinced that is the case. It is interesting to me that the article reports Buffalo's interest in trading Glenn as a fact and not just an opinion that they should do so. There is no source and not documentation suggested for this, so I am doubtful.

Metrics, he's never consistently graded out as a top LT in this league. He's a better run blocker than a pass blocker but I've never truly believed he's an elite player similar to Wood...an above average player most of the time, but has a handful of terrible games throughout the season.

Man you hold PFF like gospel.....

So getting rid of an above average LT would make sense in your universe....