Would putting Glenn on the trading block make sense?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget Seantrel Henderson is back week 6, I think. Does McDermott keep him or give him the Walt Powell heave-ho?

I'd rather have McDermott

What Bandit said.

Heave-ho at a guess. Maybe they keep him and finally cut Ducasse.

That'd be okay too I guess.

Sorry all I meant was the article imposed an interesting question (IMO) about whether the Bills should consider moving Glenn

CBF

No need to be sorry; it's a discussion point

No offense, but this article is the antithesis of "interesting." It makes the Bleacher Report look like MMQB.

Likely two kids playing around in their basement with a laptop or a couple of drunks who think they are 'astute talent evaluators'...

Fake Russian news.

Not a terrible idea, but we would have to: (1) wait till he proves he is healthy; (2) Henderson comes back and plays well.

Right now our line is doing a good job, but we lack depth with Glenn constantly injured. Would be nice to have him and Dawkins both starting.

The people who call Glenn average don't have a clue what they are watching. Sorry to be so blunt but that is true.

Apparently he's not even average; he's marginal--barely above the minimum acceptable standard:

It is tempting to unload a marginal talent who commands a big salary, but I am inclined to hang on to the very limited talent we do have on the OL.

I think putting him on trading block injured would not get us anything,get through this year ,evaluate after the season ,same consideration has to be given with Marcell,,IF at that point neither has shown they make a noticeable contribution,then i would look for draft or pre-draft moves..

thanks for posting, but I disagree about it being an interesting read. "The Bills line has been better with him sidelined"???? No. Dawkins has done a pretty good job filling in, for a rookie, but our best line would be Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Miller-Dawkins....

and I highly doubt the author knows about Glenn being "placed on the trading block" considering how tight lipped OBD has been since McBeane took over.

Newsflash for anyone not in tune with Beano/McDerma era.

Everyone is available for trade. Big Discounts available on Whaley/Rex guys.

Hell beano even trades guys he is not shopping like Watkins. Trades or cuts guys Bills could use like Seymour and JWill, Gives up on guys before they get healthy and show what they can do who have a "take the top off the D speed" which Bills are desperate for right now, in Kolby Listenbeee. Give up on ST stud Easley for below avg old marginal ST player Colt Anderson. Plug in two undersized Jauron type avg talent 5th round Linbackers just because they drafted them while letting a real prospect still healing go to Chiefs for a future song not yet written.

They are as unpredictable as a typical Bills early season record. Don't try to make sense of their methods, they are all over the map. Just win baby and all is good.

If they came out and said they are playing Tyrod at Safety and starting Logan Thomas at QB, it would not surprise me.

Edited by cba fan

but we lack depth with Glenn constantly injured.

Prior to week 11 last year, Glenn had never missed a start in 72 consecutive games. He's battling the first significant injury of his career. Talk of moving on from him (by others, not you) is way, way premature...

Newsflash for anyone not in tune with Beano/McDerma era.

Everyone is available for trade. Big Discounts available on Whaley/Rex guys.

Hell beano even trades guys he is not shopping like Watkins. Trades or cuts guys Bills could use like Seymour and JWill, Gives up on guys before they get healthy and show what they can do who have a "take the top off the D speed" which Bills are desperate for right now, in Kolby Listenbeee. Give up on ST stud Easley for below avg old marginal ST player Colt Anderson. Plug in two undersized Jauron type avg talent 5th round Linbackers just because they drafted them while letting a real prospect still healing go to Chiefs for a future song not yet written.

They are as unpredictable as a typical Bills early season record. Don't try to make sense of their methods, they are all over the map. Just win baby and all is good.

If they came out and said they are playing Tyrod at Safety and starting Logan Thomas at QB, it would not surprise me.

not sure why this was directed at me in response to my post....I agree they could trade anyone

HOWEVER, I doubt any team would trade their best offensive lineman, especially at the second or third most important position on the team

and what I was really posting about was that this "reporter" wouldnt have heard if ANYONE was on the trading block, because McBeane regime doesnt leak BRAH