White/Gaines gaining more national attention-Ikes Island NFL

White is spotlighted and basically ranked as 12th best CB in Ike Taylor's opinion. White/Gaines are 3rd ranked CB tandem. He compares White to Marcus Peter's. Reading this and the stats of our pass D amazes me every time I see the numbers. Good article.

It's only his 2nd year doing this but the 14 mil/year Gilmore never cracked the top 10 or outside looking in, in case you were wondering:)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000857015/article/week-5-cornerback-rankings-marcus-peters-tumbles-bills-ballin

Marcus Peter's isn't that good. Sorry not sorry

I agree, he's overrated, but his playmaking ability is great. I think White is much better against run for sure, can't give an honest opinion about coverage because I haven't studied his game enough

I agree, he's overrated, but his playmaking ability is great. I think White is much better against run for sure, can't give an honest opinion about coverage because I haven't studied his game enough

his ability and how he plays reminds me of jairus byrd

I think the Chiefs are playing a lot more man coverage than Buffalo, so it may be a bit of apples to oranges comparison between Peters and White. White has played some man for McDermott, but I don't think they're asking him to do a lot.

Marcus Peter's isn't that good. Sorry not sorry

In his rookie year he made some big time plays - enough to win DROY - but on a play for play basis, Darby easily outplayed him. I was always mad about that, but since then it seems like he's been trending up and playing pretty well. Still, I agree that he isn't as good as he's been made out to be by these NFL writers.

Yea Peters is good but not great. Some of the hype he gets is off the charts.

My response to this piece? Get EJ Gaines' agent on the phone. We should work a deal out to keep him.

Agreed. Let's keep these guys together. Gaines won't be too pricey.

Agreed. Let's keep these guys together. Gaines won't be too pricey.

Absolutely.

You gotta think McD/Beane specifically targeted Gaines as a long term solution as #2 CB, he should definitely come at a reasonable price and bingo , we got a starting secondary for 4 + years .. Got a funny feeling we won't be doing the 2-3 year coach change this time , trust the process! Change the culture..

My response to this piece? Get EJ Gaines' agent on the phone. We should work a deal out to keep him.

I think if the Bills were to approach him before he hits the open market they could get him at a reasonable rate. Maybe in the $6-$8m a year range. Something like a 4 year $28m with $12m guaranteed.

Hyde is much more disciplined than Byrd is...Byrd would take a lot more risks back there with high reward/high risk payouts

Think he was comparing Peters or White to Byrd. But very good point. Hyde is also much more versatile, can pretty much play any position in secondary and is a natural leader

I think Watson flames out like RGKnee once teams get some tape on him.

I literally had the same thoughts, impressive 3.5 games, next couple weeks is typically when teams can start scheming up more detailed towards his game, which I think is going to severely decline.

Reason he didn't win the job in TC