D&C's Maiorana: Zay Is Struggling But Remains Confident

...too much potential not to get it right...............

Zay Jones is struggling in his rookie season, but the Bills WR remains confident
Sal Maiorana, @salmaiorana Published 10:40 a.m. ET Oct. 5, 2017 | Updated 5:06 p.m. ET Oct. 5, 2017
ORCHARD PARK – Zay Jones grew up in Texas football country, born into a football family with a father who not only played for the Dallas Cowboys, but who has now raised two sons who are also playing in the NFL, with perhaps another on the way in a couple years.

Good read. Jones will figure it out. Those 399 catches can be deceiving because he wasn't playing against top-level talent like he is in the NFL. Takes some time to adjust.

....certainly true, but there are some clubs in the AAC with talent.....NO WAY am I comparing the two,but look at Jerry Rice's collegiate stats and the level of competition he faced at Mississippi Valley State....not to mention a combine 4.73 forty time....and he ends up as WR GOAT.......still, 160 single season catches is pretty damn impressive.....kid needs to "trust the process".........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....certainly true, but there are some clubs in the AAC with talent.....NO WAY am I comparing the two,but look at Jerry Rice's collegiate stats and the level of competition he faced at Mississippi Valley State....not to mention a combine 4.73 forty time....and he ends up as WR GOAT.......still, 160 single season catches is pretty damn impressive.....kid needs to "trust the process".........

I think he might just be pressing too hard...each drop magnifies the next attempted catch and he is trying too hard instead of just playing football.

He is in his own head right now.

I think he might just be pressing too hard...each drop magnifies the next attempted catch and he is trying too hard instead of just playing football.

He is in his own head right now.

....I'd say you are 1000% correct bud...160 catches at ECU is pretty phenomenal......he's amplifying an NFL drop 10 fold in his mind and zapping his confidence....AAC vs NFL is a whole different ball game...

He had a nice catch on that bullet by Taylor, I think there's definitely legit reasons to remain optimistic with Zay , and Taylor gaining more chemistry. He is getting open,has just had unfortunate things happen, slowing up on route, tripping over feet, I'm confident these big plays that Taylor and Zay are missing on will be connecting as season progresses

I would be more concerned if he has been invisible. Unfortunately, he is dropping the ball. Once Taylor and him get on the same page I really think Zay blows up. He is getting open and getting separation which is usually the hardest thing for a rookie to do. This week would be the time to do it.