Lee Smith: EJ Manuel didn't have what he has now

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten years from now, when he's out of the league, I hope the in-season EJ Manuel thread count will drop below 5.

so now hee is out of the league in 10 years... the majority of this board said he would never play in the league again after we let him walk. so now after a 14 year career huh.

I have great admiration for Manuel as a person. I'm still skeptical of the notion that he has become a quality QB. More than talent around him, while he was in Buffalo he lacked the capacity to make quick decisions on his feet and the confidence to throw anticipation passes. In that respect he was not unlike Tyrod, who to this point has had to see the receiver open before he felt comfortable making the pass. I think Tyrod is getting a little better, and Manuel was far worse than Tyrod.

He played pretty well when he came in for Carr the other day. In one series he had two passed dropped that should have been TDs. The first would have had to have been a fine catch, but the second was right in the receiver's hands.

EJ Manuel is one of the worst qbs I have ever seen get significant playing time in the NFL. Give him what ever he wants, he will still be terrible. I hope he plays every game for Oakland

NOT.EVEN.CLOSE.

• First of all, Manuel's "significant playing time" consisted of 17 starts over four years in Buffalo, including 10 as a rookie.
  • Secondly, you obviously never watched Mark Sanchez play after about the middle of his second season.
  • Third, you obviously never watched Kelly Holcomb or Trent Edwards play for the Bills.
  • Fourth, you obviously never watched Brock Osweiler play for the Houston Texans.

He played pretty well when he came in for Carr the other day. In one series he had two passed dropped that should have been TDs. The first would have had to have been a fine catch, but the second was right in the receiver's hands.

Agreed. I thought he looked significantly improved over the Buffalo version of EJ. There's something to be said for maturity and/or better coaching.

Former Bill Lee Smith (and current teamate of Manuel in Oakland) pumping him up now that he's starting again. I really hope he starts against the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000856954/article/raiders-te-ej-manuel-didnt-have-what-he-has-now?campaign=Twitter_atn

Babysitting kids will win you the Super Bowl!!! :thumbsup:

Good quarterback my tookas. BRING IT ON.

NOT.EVEN.CLOSE.

• First of all, Manuel's "significant playing time" consisted of 17 starts over four years in Buffalo, including 10 as a rookie.
  • Secondly, you obviously never watched Mark Sanchez play after about the middle of his second season.
  • Third, you obviously never watched Kelly Holcomb or Trent Edwards play for the Bills.
  • Fourth, you obviously never watched Brock Osweiler play for the Houston Texans.

Agreed. I thought he looked significantly improved over the Buffalo version of EJ. There's something to be said for maturity and/or better coaching.

00-telvin-smith-pick-6-against-bills.gif

ej-manuel-fumble.gif?w=500&h=296

The classics never die.