Lee Smith: EJ Manuel didn't have what he has now

Former Bill Lee Smith (and current teamate of Manuel in Oakland) pumping him up now that he's starting again. I really hope he starts against the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000856954/article/raiders-te-ej-manuel-didnt-have-what-he-has-now?campaign=Twitter_atn

"EJ didn't come into the greatest situation years ago in Buffalo," Smith said, via NBC Sports Bay Area. "We were in a building process up there, and we didn't have Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree and Jared Cook. Not to say we were terrible back then, but he didn't have what he has now.

"He was a 22-year old man with great expectations as a first-round draft pick. It wasn't the best situation for him, but he always handled things like a pro. He's a good quarterback and he's a good man. I'd let him babysit my kids."

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long live the 2014 screen passes to Lee Smith, with Sammy blocking.

Thanks Hackett

I still cant fathom how he is able to occupy a job in the NFL. I also wouldnt be surprised if he and St. Doug were more than co-workers. Edited by Captain Murica

Former Bill Lee Smith (and current teamate of Manuel in Oakland) pumping him up now that he's starting again. I really hope he starts against the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000856954/article/raiders-te-ej-manuel-didnt-have-what-he-has-now?campaign=Twitter_atn

Ok, so if (when) EJ shows he can't play at a competent level he still has that sweet babysitting job for the Smith kids lined up. So that's something.

Seriously he is a good guy. If the talent was there with him he is exactly the kind of guy to build around. Unfortunately, aside from a comeback win against the Panthers...his career highlights mostly involve hard counts.

I thought he did very good coming for Carr last week in a tough situation. He gave them a chance.

I thought so, too. He looked better than I'd ever seen him. Even his interception wasn't a bad throw - reasonably accurate, and he gave his receiver a good chance to make a play on the ball.

i just don't believe in a reality where this can happen.

It could happen easily...I see EJ leading his team down the field at New Era solely by using voice inflection and cadence at the line of scrimmage. He'll gain 340 yards through off-sides penalties alone.