Bucky and Sully are drinking the happy juice...

eball

The criticism coming out of TBN has been over the top for some time, by any measure. The relationship between the Pegula's, their teams, and TBN has been bad, and it goes back to their original purchase of the Sabres and Terry's attempt to reign in their negativity with a face to face meeting. It was not taken well and it spiraled down from there. Their reporters were quite literally frozen out by the previous Bills regime - no access. Not really better for the Sabres.

There definitely seems to be a thaw lately. Perhaps partially related to the new management with both teams, partially due to new management at TBN. The end result is we are seeing balanced reporting, reporters actually gaining access to team sources and players, and better overall product from TBN as a result. I hope it continues.

Good perspective.

I broke down and subscribed to the "BN Blitz" primarily to read Carucci's and Kimberley Martin's breakdowns, but when I saw two headlines this morning I did what I don't normally do -- I read a Sullivan column and a Gleason column. Both of these guys were downright "giddy" and I have to admit, it was nice to see. Sully wrote a very complimentary and positive piece about Jerry Hughes, and Bucky did the same regarding Terry Pegula and the direction in which the Bills and Sabres appear to be headed.

Goes to show anything is possible...

What is your username and password? I will check it out and give you feedback!

The criticism coming out of TBN has been over the top for some time, by any measure. The relationship between the Pegula's, their teams, and TBN has been bad, and it goes back to their original purchase of the Sabres and Terry's attempt to reign in their negativity with a face to face meeting. It was not taken well and it spiraled down from there. Their reporters were quite literally frozen out by the previous Bills regime - no access. Not really better for the Sabres.

There definitely seems to be a thaw lately. Perhaps partially related to the new management with both teams, partially due to new management at TBN. The end result is we are seeing balanced reporting, reporters actually gaining access to team sources and players, and better overall product from TBN as a result. I hope it continues.

Well said

I broke down and subscribed to the "BN Blitz" primarily to read Carucci's and Kimberley Martin's breakdowns, but when I saw two headlines this morning I did what I don't normally do -- I read a Sullivan column and a Gleason column. Both of these guys were downright "giddy" and I have to admit, it was nice to see. Sully wrote a very complimentary and positive piece about Jerry Hughes, and Bucky did the same regarding Terry Pegula and the direction in which the Bills and Sabres appear to be headed.

Goes to show anything is possible...

End of world coming soon.

The Pegulas didn't just start caring about these teams yesterday. They've been trying to be good owners from the start but made mistakes. But that didn't stop the Sunshine Boys from roasting them on a spit anyway. Glad to see a little more balance at last.

Agreed. Nobody is perfect and we have the neck tattoos to prove it.

Deep down Sully is hoping this season goes south ASAP so he can aggressively attack Taylor, the Pegulas, Beane, McD, etc.

But in all seriousness, can't blame some of these long time local sports media. Just like the fans they are jaded and sick and tired of the same old story with this team and all also probably still skeptical of this team despite the fast start.