I love the "fans" on this board throwing shade on the Bills

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

I remember when Trent Edwards had the Bills at 4-1 or was it 5-1? And then the season fell apart

CBF

That was 2008.

We beat:

Seattle (4-12; 1-5 through first 6)

Jacksonville (5-11; 3-3 through first 6)

Oakland (5-11; 2-4 through first 6)

St. Louis (2-14; 2-4 through first 6)

San Diego (8-8; 3-3 through first 6)

and lost to Arizona (9-7; 4-2 through first 6)

those 6 teams combined for 15 wins through 6 weeks (0.417 W/L).

By comparison, the 4 teams we've played this year already have 11 wins through 4 weeks (0.688 W/L).

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Two words bud. Piss off. You cheer for the team the way you want to and everyone else can chear the way they want to. Last I checked the Bills didnt require your approval in order for the rest of us to be qualified as fans. I think anybody that has an opinion of this team pro or con is entitled to it. This team has given its fans plenty of reasons to be skeptical of this start based on the last 17 years. The fact that you may disagree doesnt require anybody to go find another team. Maybe you ought to take your own advice and enjoy the ride and spend a little less time worrying about what others think.

Edited by Billsmovinup

There has to be at least 25% complaining and whining OPs right now.

The team is 3-1, in sole possession of 1st place and could go 4-1 into the bye beating a very vulnerable Cincy team.

What are your problems? Enjoy it, or find another team to support.

Its a message board. If you dont wanna hear it dont get on the forum.

There has to be at least 25% complaining and whining OPs right now.

The team is 3-1, in sole possession of 1st place and could go 4-1 into the bye beating a very vulnerable Cincy team.

What are your problems? Enjoy it, or find another team to support.

Anybody that's been around the last 17 years and is realistic about this team isn't 'throwing shade', they are simply taking a more cautious approach with this team and not easily seduced.

Because no matter what way you slice it the ghosts of 2008 and 2011 loom large until this team proves they can sustain this, and if we lose in Cincy this week the criticism becomes that much louder heading into the bye week. Also we were 4-2 last year after an 0-2 start and we all know how things played out.

I've said many times the real key with this team is whether or not they can be 6-4 or better after 10 games because they have not had that record since 2000 (the year of the drought).

No problem in feeling good about things right now but this is truly a week to week league and things could change in a hurry especially if the injuries keep piling up.

i'd like to start a thread with the phrase, "slow your roll". would you guys get behind that?

The only thing the Bills have accomplished is better coaching and preparation, which means a lot. Injuries, bad calls, etc can still derail them.

This is entirely inaccurate. They were hoping for a certain look form the Falcons and when they didn't get it, they decided not to snap the ball. McDermott was asked about this in his Monday presser.

I stand corrected. I listened to the game on the radio (I dont live on WNY anymore) and this explanation was not given. I dont care to know enough about football to have looked into whether or not the offense was checking out certain looks from the defense. On the surface it seemed pretty dumb and made me lose some faith in the coaches moving forward in similar situations. I suppose that faith is now restored.

I still think its ok to reserve judgement after 4 games, though, especially with this team. I liked that comment about the steak dinners, too. I wish I was creative.

I have been following this team since 1963. So I have seen many more spectacular dead spins than successes. So I was one of those after the FG that put us up by 6 in the last few mins against Atlanta immediately told my wife we would lose by one on a last minute Atlanta TD. It's just been our way. So excuse some of our dampened enthusiasm. That said, this team does feel different. I am energized.

I started to follow them in 62 and I'm optimistically hopeful, but was right there with you after the FG. So many crash and burns through out the years makes it hard to believe until I see it.

The coaches DID try to draw the other team offsides on 4th and goal from the 1 and then settle for a FG. If that doesn't remind you of the last 17 years, then one of the lizard people has gotten to you and reset your brain.

You realize this was addressed by Tyrod already. He stated if he got a certain look he would have snapped it, instead they didn't get the look they wanted and he just let the time roll off the clock to drain more time.

If we were stuck in a cave for 17 years, you should jump at any light you have as there is nothing to lose, whats the worst that can happen? you stay stuck in the cave? on the other hand, if the light is real....

Soooo...you do get how I am referencing that we are teased with moderate success early on almost every year (hence the flashlight) and jump on it only to get disappointed? This season may not be all that different is all I'm saying. That is why people are skeptical about jumping on board. Nothing is wrong with doing it, just explaining why people are hesitant. That is all.

I am all on board though, so go Bills all day every day!!!

This is entirely inaccurate. They were hoping for a certain look form the Falcons and when they didn't get it, they decided not to snap the ball. McDermott was asked about this in his Monday presser.

That's cool. Much better than jus "see if we can draw them offsides"

As long as you end it with "stay woke" I'm on board.

That was funny. :lol:

You don't say? Actually it doesn't seem like you love it all that much. Perhaps you should spend more time listening to the John Murphy show, and less time on this board if it bothers you so much. It sounds like you need to focus more on yourself, not on what others think about the team.

John who? Don't live in Erie County, sorry.

John who? Don't live in Erie County, sorry.

Johh Murphy, does daily Bills radio show on WGR-550.

You can listen live or pre-recorded without commercials online at wgr550.com.

He is the current radio play by play guy for the Bills and a paid employee of the organization.

His show functions as an arm of the Bills P/R department and paints the most positive light on any Bills related issue, often to the point of being outlandishly forced.

It's right up your alley. You would love it!

I don't blame anyone for remaining to be convinced. It is not like we have never started hot before. I actually thought our playoff chances this year were very remote before last Sunday... now I am on board that this is a playoff contender. I agree with Hokie's post above as to why this doesn't feel like the smoke and mirrors starts of 2008 and 2011. This team feels more legit and the way it is winning feels more sustainable.

But there is a chance for a big letdown on Sunday. I haven't been so nervous in the week leading up to a game for a number of years. I just want Sunday to be here and then to be over with the Bills 4-1. I expect the game itself to be a torturous three hours of living on my nerves... last week I needed to see us play well win or lose.... this week I just need to see us win. I don't care how ugly it is. When the clock strikes 00:00 have more points than them.

I think we will win but this week the build up has got to me like it hasn't in a long time. From 4-1, 3-0 in the AFC there are multiple routes to the playoffs. I know it sounds crazy after 5 weeks but from 3-2 the path narrows considerably.

Edited by GunnerBill

I have been following this team since 1963. So I have seen many more spectacular dead spins than successes. So I was one of those after the FG that put us up by 6 in the last few mins against Atlanta immediately told my wife we would lose by one on a last minute Atlanta TD. It's just been our way. So excuse some of our dampened enthusiasm. That said, this team does feel different. I am energized.

Great post!

I think some people are just waiting for the dominoe's to fall

It has happened to us every year in the past.....this team does feel different

And the odds are that they WILL fall imo- at some point in the season depth will become an issue as it always does- and we r already thin at the skill positions...I compare this bills season with that of the 2017 Yankees- sure it's a nice story but it's still the first year of a rebuild...so I will keep my expectations low and consider anything positive that happens this year a bonus- go bills