I love the "fans" on this board throwing shade on the Bills

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I am absolutely stoked. This season has played out far better than I anticipated so far. The D looks so legit, Shady still has legs and I am finally seeing Dennison use Tyrod in the ways that I thought would free him.

I will still admit, as I watched that last drive by the Falcons, the ghosts of two decades of fandom haunted me. I was sure that I was going to have to settle for a "moral victory" of only losing by one to the NFC champs.

I am happy that we held. But believe me, those ghosts are not gone

Believe me, those ghosts are going to hang around until the Bills make the playoffs ... and then there will be new ghosts. No long-time Bills fan is ever free of them if the team shows even a bit of promise ... especially "Wide Right!".

There has to be at least 25% complaining and whining OPs right now.

The team is 3-1, in sole possession of 1st place and could go 4-1 into the bye beating a very vulnerable Cincy team.

What are your problems? Enjoy it, or find another team to support.

You obviously haven't been a Bills fan for a long time, because Green Lightning has it absolutely right. More often than not, any success we have found early is washed away and we are left shaking our heads.

We wouldn't still BE HERE is weren't diehard fans, so come now... no one is a bandwagon fan of a team who hasn't made the playoffs in umpteen years.

I'm happy but stil fear the usual collapse

The bottom line is fans moan but we are the farthest thing from fair weather fans in the the entire league.

There are some who do over do the negativity, and I agree right now is not the time to find fault. Lets just hope we keep it rolling because 2nd half of the season collapses are more common for this franchise, than momentum gaining playoff runs

The concept for this need to build a winning culture extends to the fa base too as extensions of the team...

When and if that winning culture continues to grow, the curmudgeonry will slowly melt away

This is the penultimate goal.

Maybe thats the culture Sean was alluding to ?

I will hang dearly on to my curmudgeonry as long as I am able !

:beer:

I'm never shady when it comes to the Bills.

I have a bad throwing shoulder, for real. Maybe some underhanded slow pitch shade. But that's about it from me

I'm old. I had to look up what "throwing shade" means. Millennial thing? :doh:

means you have to move the hammock or lounge chair.

Trees do it all the time.

I'm happy but stil fear the usual collapse

The bottom line is fans moan but we are the farthest thing from fair weather fans in the the entire league.

There are some who do over do the negativity, and I agree right now is not the time to find fault. Lets just hope we keep it rolling because 2nd half of the season collapses are more common for this franchise, than momentum gaining playoff runs

well this season has been a bit unusual so far.

But i have read that we are riding dangerously close to a cliff. and it will appear suddenly.

Likely next game we lose the load will shift with great inertia toward a good old emotional breakdown for some of us.

How about a big injury? Gonna happen, can't stop it.

Anybody that's been around the last 17 years and is realistic about this team isn't 'throwing shade', they are simply taking a more cautious approach with this team and not easily seduced.

Because no matter what way you slice it the ghosts of 2008 and 2011 loom large until this team proves they can sustain this, and if we lose in Cincy this week the criticism becomes that much louder heading into the bye week. Also we were 4-2 last year after an 0-2 start and we all know how things played out.

I've said many times the real key with this team is whether or not they can be 6-4 or better after 10 games because they have not had that record since 2000 (the year of the drought).

No problem in feeling good about things right now but this is truly a week to week league and things could change in a hurry especially if the injuries keep piling up.

I get the cautious approach. I am happy, excited, but still cautious as well. In all fairness though about last year... They beat a bad Cardinals team, a NE team on their third string QB with a busted throwing hand thumb, one of the worst teams in the league in the 49ers, and one of the other worst teams in the league in the Rams. I would say that this years wins thus far were against far better competition.

Don't worry. By Monday the Bengals will be overrated. Then it will be watch out for the Bucs.

Every week since the Jets is the real test.

There's a handful of posters who are fans of other AFC East teams who post here under the guise of Bills fans. I wouldn't let it get to you.

And some are pets of moderators so useless effort to get them banned; they are more likely to ban you.

I will keep throwing shade until I hear a statement from the NFL saying "We will stand properly for the national anthem". Until then the kneeling bastards and their enablers can kiss my gluteus maximus.

Simple solution - not play the anthem, it is not required. Let them (and the counter protesters) do their protests elsewhere.

Can you really blame them? 17 years of finding a way to miss the playoffs and everyone is supposed to pick up the pom poms after week 4? Hell, even the local paper cant stop reminding us of what happened last time we had a similar good start.

Not buy the local paper. Plenty of free ones to line bird cages or lie on floor for dog.

...analysis by phases of the pro football game....

1. Defense-WIN; resurgence of the dominating defense to its pre-Wrecks dismantling speaks for itself despite Frazier being branded as a "glorified DB Coach" by TBD board expert pundits.

2. Special Teams-WIN; Steven H is "money"; coverages have been adequate

3. Offense-FAIL; zero 300 yd passing games STILL; Taylor at best puts up pedestrian numbers despite being 3-1 which pundits predicted; a select group of TBD "experts" are still seething over Carolina loss which foiled their 4-0 predictions at the 1/4 pole (can't please everyone)

...there you have it........we can do better......the TBD experts tell us............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy