If the bills lose this week, does your opinion change?

Steptide

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does my opinion change? No.

I love this team and where it's headed. They're well coached/prepared. They seem to play better as the game goes on. A lot of positives.

But there are weaknesses too. The offense worries me. This offence only scored 1 touchdown last game. Only 3 touchdowns in the last 3 games. We're lucky that the defense and special teams have been playing lights-out. Yes, I know we played some tough defenses. But we still have to start punching it into the endzone. Besides Shady, we don't have big play threats (no offense to Clay and Tyrod).

Having said that, I think we go on a run. I expect Week 12 against the Chiefs to be a very interesting game. Go Bills!

This is a gritty, hard fighting team that isn't beating itself. I would expect that to continue. This is not a team that will dominate on the scoreboard so most games will come down to 3 - 4 plays that will determine the outcome. So far, the Bills have won those 3 - 4 plays. Will it continue? Maybe. Maybe not. But I believe those 3 - 4 plays will be there every week and as long as they continue to not beat themselves, they will be in almost every game.

A win this week will mean more to me than last week. We beat a seemingly good team, but without its star talent. Their crowd was a non-factor, and we won't get either of those benefits this weekend. This has the feeling of a let down game, and it's one you just need to survive. One Vontaze Burfict cheap shot, and we could be in for a world of hurt. Survive and make it to our bye, and I'll start feeling a whole lot more optimistic.

always a classic

A win this week will mean more to me than last week. We beat a seemingly good team, but without its star talent. Their crowd was a non-factor, and we won't get either of those benefits this weekend. This has the feeling of a let down game, and it's one you just need to survive. One Vontaze Burfict cheap shot, and we could be in for a world of hurt. Survive and make it to our bye, and I'll start feeling a whole lot more optimistic.

always a classic

people keep mentioning the bolded, but come on...even with the "star talent" out, i think the falcons are still a better team on paper than the bills. not to mention that the bills started the game without their starting lt and de, while losing the wlb and wr1 during the game.

people keep mentioning the bolded, but come on...even with the "star talent" out, i think the falcons are still a better team on paper than the bills. not to mention that the bills started the game without their starting lt and de, while losing the wlb and wr1 during the game.

You're right. The loss of Matthews is the same as losing Julio Jones. /sarcasm. Maybe you can equate it tot the loss of Sanu, but the equivalent of them losing Julio would be us losing Shady.

Vic Beaslely, Courtney Upshaw, Ricardo Allen all didn't play on defense. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the win, and I understand anything can happen in the NFL. I was much more impressed with the Denver win than the Atlanta game.

Edited by DasNootz

You're right. The loss of Matthews is the same as losing Julio Jones. /sarcasm. Maybe you can equate it tot the loss of Sanu, but the equivalent of them losing Julio would be us losing Shady.

Vic Beaslely, Courtney Upshaw, Ricardo Allen all didn't play on defense. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the win, and I understand anything can happen in the NFL. I was much more impressed with the Denver win than the Atlanta game.

They still had the league MVP in Matt Ryan and All Pro Devonta Freeman. They weren't moving the ball when both Jones and Sanu were in there.

Matthews isn't as good as Jones of course but our depth at WR is much worse. We were left with K Clay, rookie Zay Jones and Andre Holmes.

3 rookies took the place of Matthews, Cordy Glenn and Ramon Humber.

My "opinion" hasn't changed since 1960. My sister went to Buff State and brought me home a poster of that first team. I hung it on my wall and have been a fan ever since. Every week, I tune in and root for them to win. When they don't, I'm disappointed, but I have never wavered in my loyalty. I always hope for the best. So to answer your question, no, my "opinion" will not change if they lose. I'll be disappointed as always, but will tune in the following week, again, hoping for the best. Go Bills.

My "opinion" hasn't changed since 1960. My sister went to Buff State and brought me home a poster of that first team. I hung it on my wall and have been a fan ever since. Every week, I tune in and root for them to win. When they don't, I'm disappointed, but I have never wavered in my loyalty. I always hope for the best. So to answer your question, no, my "opinion" will not change if they lose. I'll be disappointed as always, but will tune in the following week, again, hoping for the best. Go Bills.

:thumbsup::beer:

No one here in local media are picking Bills to win and mind you they are typically very negative toward the Bengals. They know they suck. Seems most just expect Bills to lose for whatever reason. The world ends if Bills win 3 in a row, maybe.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i hear ya, and it's all fair. i was just thinking it was a more impressive win than some are making it out to be because it was away, and the bills certainly weren't at full strength either. either way, as you mentioned, it's hard not to be happy with the win.

Im expecting a loss. Two tough wins in a row has to have drained these guys to some degree plus were banged up a bit. Add Cincy essentially playing for their season and the fact that they have the third ranked defense and are playing at home makes this an unlikely place to get a win. If we do pull it off it will certainly say something about how good we might really be. Im not expecting it however. Bottom line is it wont change my opinion on this team. Three very winnable games after the bye could put us at 6-2 at the mid point even if we lose sunday.

That's where I am. I was pretty optimistic (though not especially confident) about the last two games. I really think we drop this one. Cincy is good, hungry, and home.

My opinion is that we are a decent team - bordering on good. We should be in most games and will win our share. A loss to Cincy on the road won't change that.

However, a WIN will definitely change my opinion. It would really surprise me, and I think it would be a signal that this team is more than decent. A win this week will make think they are potentially special.

Not necessarily. It depends on how we lose. If we come out and just look like garbage, unprepared (I HIGHLY doubt that will happen with this coaching staff), etc, then yes. If we lose a close game because of some bad bounces and bad calls and injuries (which we've certainly been the beneficiaries of so far this season - that always seems to come back and get you on the other side) then I won't be too concerned, although this a big game, a conference opponent, and momentum into the bye if we win.

Although Tasker had a good take on the John Murphy Show this week... He said essentially that good teams just get the bounces and calls to go their way, bad teams generally dont. We haven't seen many go our way over 17 years, but we haven't been any good either.

I think Cincinnati is a bit better than people think they are and their record indicates. I know the board will blow up if we lose "to a team whose only other win was against the Browns." It'll be chaos on here.

Yes because we'll be in the same boat we were last year record wise at 3-2 and heading into the bye week on a low note. Plus all the questions about depth and the Bills being a pretender will start.

Bengals have been better lately but I don't believe they are a good team or going to the playoffs this year. And if the Bills have serious aspiration these are the games you have to win even if the opposing teams brings their A game and gives their best shot.

Edited by SaviorPeterman