NFL.com: Gregg Rosenthal's QB Index

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Holy crap bro!!!

Back from a ban and the first thing you wanna do is bump a week and a half dead thread???

Are you looking to get banned permanently?

You should just keep bumping dead threads Crusher   :flirt:

Ban? Who was banned? 

I've been busy for the past two weeks. Had to clean up and rearrange the furniture after some high level business meetings. Also had some flooding and the ol' trailer had to be moved to the other side of the park. Took nearly a week to figure out what my new neighbor's wifi password was. Fortunately, the wife was able to dig up some clues when she went over there and borrowed his laptop, TV, and some other stuff when they weren't home. Found me a keeper with that little lady, I tell you. 

Was eating some comedy sandwiches while reading that bleacher report thing that my compadre Two-Six CB posted and realized that he being the sensible hombre he is,  obviously wanted me to set the record straight. Still don't know who that Crusher guy you keep mentioning is, but I doubt he brings the funny like this guy here does. 

But anyway, let's stay on topic please. 

9 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Ban? Who was banned? 

I've been busy for the past two weeks. Had to clean up and rearrange the furniture after some high level business meetings. Also had some flooding and the ol' trailer had to be moved to the other side of the park. Took nearly a week to figure out what my new neighbor's wifi password was. Fortunately, the wife was able to dig up some clues when she went over there and borrowed his laptop, TV, and some other stuff when they weren't home. Found me a keeper with that little lady, I tell you. 

Was eating some comedy sandwiches while reading that bleacher report thing that my compadre Two-Six CB posted and realized that he being the sensible hombre he is,  obviously wanted me to set the record straight. Still don't know who that Crusher guy you keep mentioning is, but I doubt he brings the funny like this guy here does. 

But anyway, let's stay on topic please. 

Whoa! Holy crap!

"High level business meetings," eh? :lol: 

Einhorn IS Finkle!

I mean...

twoandfourteen IS SaviorPeterman (and probably) IS DunkirkDon! 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 18/1/2018 at 2:12 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He had the same OC for those three seasons (in fact until now).  If you don't want to confound your data with the impact of an OC change, which is well known to affect QB for good and for bad,  you have to consider that somehow.

Sure I can, watch me!  If it was just Tyrod's stats that dropped, I shouldn't, but McCoy's YPC dropped precipitously.  Our offense dropped off in every category.  11th (9th or 10th w/out EJ/Cardale last game) to 22nd.  Same QB.  Do you really want to make an argument this year's offense wasn't a SNAFU?  OK, GO!

Look, you came out saying that Wilson is 2x the passer Tyrod is.  Looking at the non-confounded data set for their first 2 years as starter, I don't think you can support that.  That's all.  Now you want to throw in all kinds of stuff that has to do with all kinds of things other than the QB's passing skill - 4th Q comebacks and "crunchtime play" also reflect the OC's comeback and crunchtime play calling, how clutch the other guys on the team are, etc etc.  Completely different argument - now you're saying Tyrod hasn't got the "IT" factor to be "the Man", which is one of those "I know what I see because I see it" things.  (To understand what I'm saying about 4th QB comebacks depending upon the cast and OC, ask yourself this: Does the Miracle in Minnesota happen if Keenum is throwing to Zay Jones or Thompson with Roman sending in late plays?  How many TD does Big Ben throw last Sunday without Antonio Brown's maniac catching ability and with Dennison's lack of play calling adjustments?)

I don't think you can support the argument that Wilson is 2x the passer Taylor is, based on their early performance as passers, using any accepted passing statistic.  That's all.  By the third year in the same system, Wilson was beginning to trend upward, and that trend has continued.  Would Tyrod have continued to trend upward if he stayed in the same system with Lynn or similar OC?  We'll never know.

If you want to make a generalized argument that Tyrod is not a QB to have faith in for the future, I'm out of here; I don't think he is myself.  I just think he gets "dumped on" beyond reason here.  He's not as bad as people would like to believe, and he reflects his supporting cast and surroundings more than you think.  Russ Wilson did NOT start out as a great passer.  He's improving, yes, but it's been the process of years.

Hapless BFan you make a bunch of great points here,  and I specially appreciate the analogies you use with WR/Coach help to QBs in MIN and PIT. ..Good job keeping de TT downers at bay. ...?

Edited by BuffaLoko

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Whoa! Holy crap!

"High level business meetings," eh? :lol: 

Einhorn IS Finkle!

I mean...

twoandfourteen IS SaviorPeterman (and probably) IS DunkirkDon! 

Great catch, Inspector! 

I was actually taking a good-natured shot at SaviorP. Just a little b-busting. 

Much like a Tyrod Taylor end zone pass attempt, the joke obviously flew way over your head.