Carolina, 9-3, then...the "good" loss?

We all know that loss was the obvious lynch pin for them to say, "OK, we were dreadful on offense (still) and we are going to continue to get pummeled very soon if we don't change things up."

If Zay and TT connect on that pass in the Carolina game, and we start 2-0, I honestly think this team really could be 2-2 now as they would have likely stayed the course at that point.

What say you?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

To say we should have won that game must say Atlanta should have won that game. That's the way the dice roll. Good teams don't let those chances come up. Atlanta is a good team and we saw what happened when the dice were rolled.

We all know that loss was the obvious lynch pin for them to say, "OK, we were dreadful on offense (still) and we are going to continue to get pummeled very soon if we don't change things up."

If Zay and TT connect on that pass in the Carolina game, and we start 2-0, I honestly think this team really could be 2-2 now as they would have likely stayed the course at that point.

What say you?

If they had no desire to improve from one game to the next you might have a point about being 2-2 but since they always look for ways to get better I would say no

What say you?

Hypothetical's really are just that. But regardless for the sake of fun no I don't think they are 2-2 they are 3-1 or 4-0. McD and Dennison have said each week is its own gameplan and how they dictate their plan is based off each opponent. Dennison straight up said they wanted to take shots and be aggressive this week because it was to their benefit and against DEN Tyrod was better in a 7 step drop then a 3 with that pass rush. Even if they won that CAR game changes on O were needed anyway with how poor the O played.

Back to the question, which I should have made clearer...I should have put it in the title...oh wait...

Was the loss to Carolina a good loss, in that it changed our offense?

Taylor took what the opposition gave him and protected the football in all 4 games.

The Bills O is a work in progress and will continue to improve over time in my humble opinion.

i agree w the OP. The week leading up to Denver there probably was a more critical eye on the offensive gameplan, and you could see the play calling step shift toward TTs strengths (rolling out, play action, short / intermediate drag routes).

Maybe they would have done that anyways bc opponent dictates it, but I think if we were 2-0 they would have thought "if it aint broke dont fix it" rather than "we need to change it up". Have no idea if that would have meant we win or lose the next games, too many variables to guess at that...

If we don't have Stephen Hauschka then we are 1-3. That guy has been money. I think we are getting spoiled. People now expect him to hit from 55+ every time and that's asking a lot

What do you mean "if we don't have"? We do have him and he's made important kicks. What exactly is your point when pointing to an if that isn't?