JPicc2114

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Banyard and Taiwan Jones I don't consider viable options

Why not? Seems They have arms, and legs, and are actual running backs.

And I don't know if you have noticed, but McCoy isn't the only part of this offense that works right now.

depends on the nature of the injury. if short-term, it would likely be a mix of Banyard,Tolbert and Jones. I dont see the Bills trading for someone like Peterson unless its a long term, season ending injury. I dont think AP would be thrilled about getting benched when McCoy returns from this hypothetical injury.

Because the probability of it happening is high, and it doesn't look like they are very prepared

They will put Banyard on the active roster. Like any other team would do if a starter goes down. Or pick up someone in free agency or trade. Just as I said above. And they won't be as good because there are maybe two other backs in the league as talented as McCoy.

Banyard and Taiwan Jones I don't consider viable options

The point above is that you probably wouldn't have thought of Mike Gillislee the same way either before he started doing well for us (or Fred Jackson for that matter).

It's amazing on this site, how even when we're 3-1 beating two otherwise undefeated teams in a row, there are more chicken little and negative threads than positive. Yes, it's fine to be concerned or start threads like this, and I apologize if I'm sounding like I think I'm an arbiter (with a whopping 500 posts or so, i'm certainly not).

Another way of looking at this is we've gone 3-1 (and almost 4-0) with only one ostensibly easy game (and even they are above .500 playing other teams) even though what we thought was the strength of our game has been mostly silent.

This has been my biggest fear. We lose him for any length of time then kiss this season goodbye. IMO the Bills did not get a guy that could fill in adequately as a replacement. Tolbert will get hammered as a starter. Banyard would need to be the guy because he is more versatile than Tolbert. Tolbert can basically plunge up the middle and catch a flare pass. He would be to easy to take out of the offense and it would give us absolutely no run game at all. Tolbert is ok as a change of pace back only for Mccoy. I would like to see Banyard get a few carries in case he is ever needed to step in at some point. Fingers crossed this won't happen...

Ummm last I checked our running game was MIA so does it really matter? Pretty sure the coaching staff will deal with it as its what they are paid to do.

Are you paid to answer assinine hypotheticals?.

Let's discuss if a meteor wipes out New Era Field. Where would the Bills play? Hey, just being realistic.

HAs Shady played all 16 games in a season yet for the Bills? It seems a little more likely that he will miss a game than a meteor wiping out the stadium. Don't yah think?

Who is the Bills best option if McCoy goes down? I don't see Tolbert as an every down back at all. The Bills are 1 play away from having the worst offense in the league IMO.

It doesn't matter who the best option is.

If McCoy goes down, the season is over.

The D may well continue to dominate, but with no McCoy, our offense will go from a drizzle to nothing.

I'm with you OP. Shady has been banged up in every game. Every game it seems to be the wrist also. The bye week is coming at a great time imo. But there's a chance he gets knocked around and then we have nobody at RB.

While I don't think Tolbert is terrible. He is what he is and should be used as a grinding power back and nothing more.

I don't believe that someone like Jones or Banyard will be able to even come close to filling in. However people need to get J. Will off their minds already. He was cut and he's not coming back.