WEEK 4 bUF vs. ATL - ALL 22 - OLine/Qb Unforced Error Review

Bocephuz

When you said "it will be interesting when Glenn comes back"....are you referring to keeping a rotation of Glenn/Dawkins at LT. Or Dawkins becomes the full time RT?

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Dawkins struggles some on the right if he ever gets some reps there. LT was is college position, and he's shown he's having some difficulty making the adjustment from left to right. I see no reason why he can't succeed on the right, but it may take him a few games to get in the swing on the right.

Nice write up. Would just like to point out Dawkins was drafted before Beane came on-board. McD pick.

Yes.. i think of them as 1 person McBeane... so Yes .. good job Mickey D

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Dawkins struggles some on the right if he ever gets some reps there. LT was is college position, and he's shown he's having some difficulty making the adjustment from left to right. I see no reason why he can't succeed on the right, but it may take him a few games to get in the swing on the right.

I agree there would be growing pains switchting to RT but I think it would be worth it in the long run (assuming Cordy can get healthy)

I don't think Tyrod is always "escaping phantom pressure." Like at the scramble in his own end zone (Q2 14:49) it looks to me like he moves to the right to get a clear throwing lane to Clay, but the LDE gets around Mills before he can throw it.

The throw to Clay while taking the hit was simply ridiculous. Wow what a big time throw.

Awesome thread as usual. I look forward to these every week.

Looks to me like Clay had a slight step, but that for some reason he stopped and dove instead of running through the reception

Deep throws are more about timing than throwing a perfect dime. The receiver has to adjust right and the chemistry isn't even close to there yet for Tyrod and K. Clay.

Edited by HappyDays

I'm not criticizing TT on the throw. I'm very happy that they took some shots down the field and I do believe that helped loosen up the run game.

Eventually we'll connect on some of those throws.

Early with Watkins, Goodwin, and briefly Harvin, the deep ball was a Tyrod strength. Maybe Dennison is starting to see that and letting him do it a bit more. Edited by BeginnersMind

Great stuff, and thanks, as usual.

Personally, I dont think you can "bail early" from unforced pressure after you have stood for over two seconds in your own endzone. Maybe pressure wasnt there yet but I never want my guy just standing back there looking around. If I recall correctly that was third and long and he ran OB at the five. That is not an unforced error to me. But you are usually very fair in your opinions to me.

I don't think Tyrod is always "escaping phantom pressure." Like at the scramble in his own end zone (Q2 14:49) it looks to me like he moves to the right to get a clear throwing lane to Clay, but the LDE gets around Mills before he can throw it.

The throw to Clay while taking the hit was simply ridiculous. Wow what a big time throw.

Awesome thread as usual. I look forward to these every week.

Deep throws are more about timing than throwing a perfect dime. The receiver has to adjust right and the chemistry isn't even close to there yet for Tyrod and K. Clay.

Totally agree. Endless times passes look right on the money deep when a WR tracks the ball cleanly and runs to it perfectly. That's a specific skill. Other times a ball looks overthrown a foot or two but if the WR tracked it quicker or more correct it would have hit him in stride. I'm a little worried about Zay in this regard. Not sure about K Clay and tracking that bomb.

Love it.

I don't see the Charles Clay seam like you did. There is a safety in the middle of the field off screen and it's hard to see how close he would be to the play.

You were tough on TT this week. I thought he was terrific. You are correct. When he missed, he missed long and that's better than the alternative

Great stuff, and thanks, as usual.

Personally, I dont think you can "bail early" from unforced pressure after you have stood for over two seconds in your own endzone. Maybe pressure wasnt there yet but I never want my guy just standing back there looking around. If I recall correctly that was third and long and he ran OB at the five. That is not an unforced error to me. But you are usually very fair in your opinions to me.

Totally agree. Endless times passes look right on the money deep when a WR tracks the ball cleanly and runs to it perfectly. That's a specific skill. Other times a ball looks overthrown a foot or two but if the WR tracked it quicker or more correct it would have hit him in stride. I'm a little worried about Zay in this regard. Not sure about K Clay and tracking that bomb.

The unforced error bailing the pocket in the end zone was borderline. The potential throw to Clay had a high degree of difficulty. You could argue that not throwing there was good situational football. My point on that play is that there was no need to drift out of the pocket. It looked a lot like other times when he drifted out early and there were legitimate open guys he missed on

The unforced error bailing the pocket in the end zone was borderline. The potential throw to Clay had a high degree of difficulty. You could argue that not throwing there was good situational football. My point on that play is that there was no need to drift out of the pocket. It looked a lot like other times when he drifted out early and there were legitimate open guys he missed on

It's possible he does it looking for a passing lane.

Sure. I just think early bailing from five yards deep in your endzone because sometimes you can't see defenders and it's possible for a safety or even a defensive touchdown is a completely different category than bailing early when not in your endzone.