Indians vs Twins/Yankees

YoloinOhio

Why is Tito starting Trevor Bauer instead of Corey kluber in game 1 of the ALDS? I don't like it. Don't you want your best guy in game 1? Don't you want your best guy available in game 4 if they are down 2-1? Puts too much pressure on first 3 games.

Which is a better matchup for the tribe, Twins or Yanks? I think Twins.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I am a purist.

The season is the playoff. Win the Pennant with best record (if tied, play one game) & move on to best of 9 World Series.

People always want a mulligan. That's NOT the reason why they play 162. Playoff is in June & July. Do or die, a team plays every other team throughout the season.

The shortening attention spans of Americans. "Just give me one more chance."

Build a teanm for 162... The grind, it's our pastime!

Single elimination after playing 162 games seems wrong to me, but you can't beat the tension.

They had 162 games to not slack off one bit. Not wrong at all single elimination. They shouldn't even be there in first place. Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Always thought it should be best of 3. To do all that work for a 1 game elimination is rough.

Yeah. Best of three would be better as single elimination seems to go against everything baseball stands for. I agree somewhat with Illinois in that adding another WC team was a mistake, but I still think each league should only have four playoff teams. I would change the best of five divisional format to best of seven.