Bills Sign WR Philly Brown and Two Safeties

I remember with all of the injuries the panthers had at WR in the Super Bowl how Brown had a great game as Cams primary target. So I am a fan.

Thank you for the notice. I did not know that. :thumbsup:

One thing that worried me was on the last Carolina play, Zay didnt track the ball in the air well at all. Regardless of pattern or stumble or drop or dive that was the worst part of it to me. Last week on the long drop he kind of did it again. When he dove, the ball seemed to come to his shoulder as he brought it in. He looked like he was trying to catch it with his head. I am only going from memory on that, versus the Carolina one I watched two dozen times. But it's a tad worrisome. That's something that is not easily taught.

oh it's the yips alright.

Nothing else explains it.

unless it is Tyrod's fault somehow..

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You LOVED the Watkins trade? Really? He is exactly what they are lacking and they'd be 4-0 and look like an entirely different offense if he were here.

I know that a lot of folks on here don't really understand context in the NFL..........but when receivers change teams after camp has broken they can have a hard time getting targets on teams with established skill position players.........like James Lofton getting only 8 receptions in 12 games on the 1989 Bills.

Jordan Matthews was a much easier fit.........he's a post up, short range receiver on a team with nobody in the WR corps with a QB who creates more time to throw than any other QB in the NFL.

Frankly, it's ridiculous to like the Watkins trade for a second round pick and then complain about not having a good WR........it's just a trade that shouldn't have been made. Take a look at the Bills second round picks over the last 50 plus years..........NOT GOOD.

Your post reflects the belief that you can plug and play to make a team. Like its some kind of video game. That is not what Beane and McD are building. Edited by BeginnersMind

Hang onto your nut sacks Bills fans!

Downtown Philly Brown has returned!

:mellow:

Your post reflects the belief that you can plug and play to make a team. Like its some kind of video game. That is not what Beane and McD are building.

No, they are building so much more. And critically, it is blessed by God.

LOL Zay is a reception monster in NCAA for years and fights the ball in the NFL for a couple games and all of a sudden he has bad hands. Recency bias much?

Kid caught 399 balls in college. He doesn't have bad hands. To use hockey terminology, he's gripping the stick too tight right now

Yeah, yeah, I get what you're saying, but let's be honest. Who are you truly going to believe....a proven college career and NFL coaches, or an anonymous message board poster who is certain he's smarter than all of them?

You LOVED the Watkins trade? Really? He is exactly what they are lacking and they'd be 4-0 and look like an entirely different offense if he were here.

I know that a lot of folks on here don't really understand context in the NFL..........but when receivers change teams after camp has broken they can have a hard time getting targets on teams with established skill position players.........like James Lofton getting only 8 receptions in 12 games on the 1989 Bills.

Jordan Matthews was a much easier fit.........he's a post up, short range receiver on a team with nobody in the WR corps with a QB who creates more time to throw than any other QB in the NFL.

Frankly, it's ridiculous to like the Watkins trade for a second round pick and then complain about not having a good WR........it's just a trade that shouldn't have been made. Take a look at the Bills second round picks over the last 50 plus years..........NOT GOOD.

One of the first things that the wrestling coach did was not sign Watkins's option. They (McDermott and Beane) didn't want him as a player and for whatever reason/s see him as fitting in their long-term plans. It wasn't an issue that they fretted over; it was an issue that they quickly made a determination on.

This regime almost immediately concluded that they were not going to give him big money that committed the organization to him. Whether you disagree with that decision that doesn't alter the fact that the decision-makers were going to go in a different direction. So they dealt him and got a second round pick and a starting CB, a core member of the revamped defensive backfield. You might not like the return but I do especially considering that the departed player was not in the organization's plans.

I have always acknowledged Watkins talents. But in our crimped passing system designed for Taylor the cost/benefit calculation did not have a good ratio, at least to the staff that took over. Lament all you want---the deal is done. You may still not understand why the deal was done but I do. It's not as perplexing as you make it out to be.

Why is WR Kaelin Clay on the team?

I feel like they feel they need to keep him around since they actually traded for him. Think this was definitely a miss by mcbeane, how many Brandon Tate's does one team need. Wasted roster spot imo

Why is WR Kaelin Clay on the team?

He's the best national anthem kneeler we've got and you want to Kaepernick him?

Or maybe he's already a step ahead of you:

Clay's cleats were photographed. Written on the white cleats was the message, "#I'mWithKap."

Spending quality time playing catch with Kap soon!

Edited by The Frankish Reich

One of the first things that the wrestling coach did was not sign Watkins's option. They (McDermott and Beane) didn't want him as a player and for whatever reason/s see him as fitting in their long-term plans. It wasn't an issue that they fretted over; it was an issue that they quickly made a determination on.

This regime almost immediately concluded that they were not going to give him big money that committed the organization to him. Whether you disagree with that decision that doesn't alter the fact that the decision-makers were going to go in a different direction. So they dealt him and got a second round pick and a starting CB, a core member of the revamped defensive backfield. You might not like the return but I do especially considering that the departed player was not in the organization's plans.

I have always acknowledged Watkins talents. But in our crimped passing system designed for Taylor the cost/benefit calculation did not have a good ratio, at least to the staff that took over. Lament all you want---the deal is done. You may still not understand why the deal was done but I do. It's not as perplexing as you make it out to be.

Yet another ill-conceived take from JohnC.

Degree of decisiveness.......even if you KNEW that........means nothing.

Terry Pegula was totally, 100% smitten with and sold on Rex Ryan.......that's what decisiveness is worth.

As for the cost/benefit........the cost has been offensive production.........which cost them a game in Carolina and has turned them into punchless pass offense that has no margin for error.

Some of us felt that this team could win 10-11 games coming into the preseason........the only holes were depth positions.....it's a very old team that must win now.........but then they dealt Watkins and the passing game is a mess.

Watkins is EXACTLY what they need.

Bado going all in on Watkins!? My best guess is we will hear more about Sammy soon and it won't be anything good. Something is off.

I've been all-in on Watkins.

When Goff throws to him he's great.

But it's a matchup league and Todd Gurley running away from a LB?...........yeah........that's the throw they want Goff to make.

Rams offense is impressive.

Yet another ill-conceived take from JohnC.

Degree of decisiveness.......even if you KNEW that........means nothing.

Terry Pegula was totally, 100% smitten with and sold on Rex Ryan.......that's what decisiveness is worth.

As for the cost/benefit........the cost has been offensive production.........which cost them a game in Carolina and has turned them into punchless pass offense that has no margin for error.

Some of us felt that this team could win 10-11 games coming into the preseason........the only holes were depth positions.....it's a very old team that must win now.........but then they dealt Watkins and the passing game is a mess.

Watkins is EXACTLY what they need.

I've been all-in on Watkins.

When Goff throws to him he's great.

But it's a matchup league and Todd Gurley running away from a LB?...........yeah........that's the throw they want Goff to make.

Rams offense is impressive.

Exactly... context yet again. There are targets all over the Rams offense and Watkins is the newcomer. He was wide open for a TD in the end zone Sunday and Goff chose to throw it to Kupp who had to run it in after the catch. As you said, it can take awhile before Watkins gets increased targets. He's doing his job and doing it well. The Rams offense is legit. In Buffalo, Watkins would be getting targets.

Would it make sense to put Zay in the slot now?

I would do it to get him better matchups and try to glean some production out of him as he works out the yips.