Bills Sign WR Philly Brown and Two Safeties

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...if they bring Reilly up, who goes when Matthews comes back?......maybe they're looking at Philly as a rental for now............

exxxxxactlyyyyyyyy people...jesus sometimes people here are beyond dumb

bring up Reilly now and he does well, what do you do with him when Matthews comes back? He wont be able to be snuck back onto the practice squad (all teams have an opp. to claim him) so we waste his developmental year....which I trust he needs

@RapSheet

This needs its own thread ?

Kyle Orton for the Bills wall of fame is a better thread 🙄

Following the injury to WR Jordan Matthews, source says the #Bills are signing WR Philly Brown. He spent training camp with them, too.

Except that this one is a no brainer. Period. We have no WRs. And I think, in a weird way, that even though we signed one today, it actually made us even worse!

:)

Yes we do. Holmes has caught a TD pass this season. Jones is out there and getting open, just has to regain a bit of confidence.. K Brown has gotten open deep a couple times but just missed. And P Brown comes in and fills in for a couple games while Matthews heals. Just because you don't happen to like them does not equate to having none. Stop the hyperbole.

No it is not the greatest WR core in the history of football. But they Bills, to repeat, are 3-1. And they are doing it with good defense and special teams, and an efficient offense that doesn't turn the ball over and makes good use of their TEs and running game. I suspect they will stick with that until somebody shows them they can stop it. Which is what most teams do. Only in Bills message board land do you have people that say you should change what's working.

And before it comes up, I didn't like the Sammy trade.

exxxxxactlyyyyyyyy people...jesus sometimes people here are beyond dumb

bring up Reilly now and he does well, what do you do with him when Matthews comes back? He wont be able to be snuck back onto the practice squad (all teams have an opp. to claim him) so we waste his developmental year....which I trust he needs

What? If he plays well, who cares who else goes? Andre Holmes can go. Hell, anyone can go other than Matthews and Jones. If they find someone who can catch and get open, it would be pretty easy to find someone to go off of this group. And if Reilly needs a year, well, that's his problem. Because next year, this group should be addressed big time with guys that can play right away or high picks, meaning the scrap from this year will be expendable immediately after the season.

Perhaps they are thinking of cutting him when Matthews returns. if they had promoted Reilly, they would have to make room on the roster for Matthews, and risk losing Reilly. Brown will pick up the offense quicker than anyone else they can acquire via trade or free agency

Yes we do. Holmes has caught a TD pass this season. Jones is out there and getting open, just has to regain a bit of confidence.. K Brown has gotten open deep a couple times but just missed. And P Brown comes in and fills in for a couple games while Matthews heals. Just because you don't happen to like them does not equate to having none. Stop the hyperbole.

No it is not the greatest WR core in the history of football. But they Bills, to repeat, are 3-1. And they are doing it with good defense and special teams, and an efficient offense that doesn't turn the ball over and makes good use of their TEs and running game. I suspect they will stick with that until somebody shows them they can stop it. Which is what most teams do. Only in Bills message board land do you have people that say you should change what's working.

And before it comes up, I didn't like the Sammy trade.

Doesn't mean they are good. They are winning in spite of a garbage WR corps. There's no debate. Holmes is the worst starting WR in the league. He's added absolutely nothing that any other WR couldn't have done. Nothing.

I LOVED the Watkins trade. He's almost done next to nothing either. He's had one good game with the Rams. He's been brutal in the other three. He can rot out there.

But you can't just make these moves and not fully address this glaring weakness. Hell, even if you were in the Watkins is good camp, they STILL needed a WR. The only thing that looks like will hold us back from a really good season, is going to be our WRs. And that stings.

Just because we are 3-1 has nothing to do with why we have such a glaring Achilles heal.

Edited by Lv-Bills

What? If he plays well, who cares who else goes? Andre Holmes can go. Hell, anyone can go other than Matthews and Jones. If they find someone who can catch and get open, it would be pretty easy to find someone to go off of this group. And if Reilly needs a year, well, that's his problem. Because next year, this group should be addressed big time with guys that can play right away or high picks, meaning the scrap from this year will be expendable immediately after the season.

Take a deep breath, it's going to be ok.

Take a deep breath, it's going to be ok.

Sack up. It's time to strike. I wanna go for it. Winnable game to get to 4-1. 3-0 AFC. A bye at a perfect time for us. Then two games at home, both very winnable.

It's time for management to back up the talk about winning, because the path is actually very visual.

I know it's probably too late to add anyone of any kind of playing ability. But, hopefully we see the path and go for it.

Philly Brown isn't going for it.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Yep. I expect more two and three TE formations than three and four WR formations. Logan has a chance to add something. He looks like he is getting open a little. Tyrod threw at least five long balls last week out of 21 throws (two to Zay, two to Clay, one to the other Clay). That should keep teams from loading up the box just to stop Shady and if he continues to do it, especially to TE Clay, that should open the field for Nicklaus O'Leary and Logan Thomas.

After last year failed to be "tight end heaven" I would really enjoy this.

I agree that Zay and Holmnes don't scare anyone. That right now, even more than QB, is our #1 off-season priority.

But if we get Clay as our deep threat and make teams play back and don't stack the box Shady gets room.

Sack up. It's time to strike. I wanna go for it. Winnable game to get to 4-1. 3-0 AFC. A bye at a perfect time for us. Then two games at home, both very winnable.

It's time for management to back up the talk about winning, because the path is actually very visual.

I know it's probably too late to add anyone of any kind of playing ability. But, hopefully we see the path and go for it.

Philly Brown isn't going for it.

Management has done exactly what they said they were going to do. Just because you were wrong, and your expectations have changed, means nothing