Andy Reid's Principals spill over to Bills

This weekend is the proverbial proof for me. The Bills DSRS is the best in the NFL, while the Bengals OSRS is the 5th worst in the league. They should not score more than 14 points against Buffalo. On the flip side, the Bengals defense has been pretty good. Only the Packers generated more than 300 yards of total offense against them and they have not allowed a 100 yards rusher yet this season. This Sunday's game has all of the hallmarks of Bills teams of the past. Win games you're not supposed to win and lose games you're not supposed to lose. Despite being a 3 point underdog by Vegas standards, I feel like this is a game that they should absolutely win. It should not come down to late game defensive heroics like the Atlanta game.

Both teams go to their bye, Cinci can go into their bye with a two game win streak, 2-3, very salvageable season left. They lose they go to a bye with a 1-4 record and their only win against the Browns, Bills can got 4-1 which would be absolutely incredible. This is a very very big game.

Why? Because he deserves to be called out for his blatant disrespect toward this team, it's owners and the city.

....and the bloviating POS should be the main attraction at a PIG Roast, apple in mouth as well.....he set this club back two years.......and scammed how much?......

I'm sorry I have to DISAGREE on this statement:

I think this is one of the reasons that the Chiefs, with no real stars, seem to win year in and year out.

Wow. That's like saying, Shady's a flag football player. That team's so deep on both sides of the ball it's scary.

Worth mentioning that David Culley is also on staff as QB coach and worked under Reid as WR coach with Eagles and Chiefs.

We have a number of coaches on this staff with ties to Andy Reid.

David Culley as you already mentioned, and Sean McDermott is obviously from the Andy Reid coaching tree (worked for him for 12 yrs)

Leslie Frazier was a Reid disciple from Philly. Reid gave him his start as an NFL coach IIRC.

Juan Castillo worked under Reid for 13 years in Philly.

Chad Hall played for Andy Reid in Philly.

I wrote a long, detailed post on all the ties between McDermott and Andy Reid during the offseason, but I don't know how to go back and look through all my old posts to find it.

Watching the Chiefs last night was insightful. After the game, Alex Smith was asked about the final minutes and how they pulled the game out. He was quoted as saying that they practice "situational football" repetitively and when the moment comes it is like a motor skill that they are prepared for.

I think this is one of the reasons that the Chiefs, with no real stars, seem to win year in and year out. They are a team that is prepared and has a process to get there.

I believe McD has taken these principals to Buffalo and it is working. Tre White basically had the same answer when asked how he took in the fumble for the touchdown. He used the same words "we practice situational football." He said this is the same thing I do in practice every day. These are habits that breed winning.

Camp Rex was a damn joke. He never had this team disciplined or prepared. He couldn't make an in-game adjustment to save his fat life and certainly never had a game plan that would take advantage of a team's weakness. Rex was bloated with his paycheck and guaranteed money and knew that no matter what, he could ride off into the sunset with Pegs cash and sit on his fat ass for the next three years banking off his failure.

McD is the opposite. He has something to prove and he was raised the right way. He earned his win. Rex had football handed to him from Daddy and never had to work for it.

Buffalo is a blue-collar, roll up your sleeves and work for success town and I am glad we finally have a leader who works hard and demands the same from everyone else in the organization.

I can see this team becoming a KC clone. No stars, just a solid team that wins and is always in the playoff conversation.

GO BILLS!!!!

Lunch Pail!

However I would like to win some super bowls in the Process.

Watching the Chiefs last night was insightful. After the game, Alex Smith was asked about the final minutes and how they pulled the game out. He was quoted as saying that they practice "situational football" repetitively and when the moment comes it is like a motor skill that they are prepared for.

I think this is one of the reasons that the Chiefs, with no real stars, seem to win year in and year out. They are a team that is prepared and has a process to get there.

I believe McD has taken these principals to Buffalo and it is working. Tre White basically had the same answer when asked how he took in the fumble for the touchdown. He used the same words "we practice situational football." He said this is the same thing I do in practice every day. These are habits that breed winning.

Camp Rex was a damn joke. He never had this team disciplined or prepared. He couldn't make an in-game adjustment to save his fat life and certainly never had a game plan that would take advantage of a team's weakness. Rex was bloated with his paycheck and guaranteed money and knew that no matter what, he could ride off into the sunset with Pegs cash and sit on his fat ass for the next three years banking off his failure.

McD is the opposite. He has something to prove and he was raised the right way. He earned his win. Rex had football handed to him from Daddy and never had to work for it.

Buffalo is a blue-collar, roll up your sleeves and work for success town and I am glad we finally have a leader who works hard and demands the same from everyone else in the organization.

I can see this team becoming a KC clone. No stars, just a solid team that wins and is always in the playoff conversation.

GO BILLS!!!!

I agree. Though I hope we find some stars so we can win the big one.

We have a number of coaches on this staff with ties to Andy Reid.

David Culley as you already mentioned, and Sean McDermott is obviously from the Andy Reid coaching tree (worked for him for 12 yrs)

Leslie Frazier was a Reid disciple from Philly. Reid gave him his start as an NFL coach IIRC.

Juan Castillo worked under Reid for 13 years in Philly.

Chad Hall played for Andy Reid in Philly.

I wrote a long, detailed post on all the ties between McDermott and Andy Reid during the offseason, but I don't know how to go back and look through all my old posts to find it.

link it, this would be an interesting read. I've always liked Reid. Him and Seifert made a lot of football disciples.

It's amazing how many games you can win when you don't beat yourself.

This league is all about parity.

If you can come up with a few, simple, RELIABLE tricks to get you over the 50/50 hump, you can tip a lot of games in your favor.

Eliminating mistakes, mental errors, and stupid penalties is one of these "tricks" that all the best teams employ.

Winning the turnover battle, insofar as you can control that, is another huge factor that can tip the odds in your favor.

Practicing key situations over and over so they seem natural and familiar is another.

The best militaries practice in that manner all the time.

If I am a fighter pilot and get in a dogfight with you, and I have been in 500 practice dogfights before, I'm going to have a huge advantage if you have never practiced dogfighting at all.

I have seen documentaries chronicling US tank battles in Iraq, where US tankers commented specifically that various factors on the real battlefield were very similar to "how they practice it back home" and how it helped them go to work in a very efficient manner...

Practicing in this manner only makes sense.

GO BILLS!!!!

Andy Reid's PRINCIPLES.

Not PRINCIPALS.

This league is all about parity.

If you can come up with a few, simple, RELIABLE tricks to get you over the 50/50 hump, you can tip a lot of games in your favor.

Eliminating mistakes, mental errors, and stupid penalties is one of these "tricks" that all the best teams employ.

Winning the turnover battle, insofar as you can control that, is another huge factor that can tip the odds in your favor.

Practicing key situations over and over so they seem natural and familiar is another.

The best militaries practice in that manner all the time.

If I am a fighter pilot and get in a dogfight with you, and I have been in 500 practice dogfights before, I'm going to have a huge advantage if you have never practiced dogfighting at all.

I have seen documentaries chronicling US tank battles in Iraq, where US tankers commented specifically that various factors on the real battlefield were very similar to "how they practice it back home" and how it helped them go to work in a very efficient manner...

Practicing in this manner only makes sense.

Andy Reid's PRINCIPLES.

Not PRINCIPALS.

The Andy Reid affect. Scream it out loud till your horse.

The Chiefs O looks like a finely tuned machine, while the Bills have had some issues with blocking schemes and execution. Those two factors are pretty much all that's held them back so far this year on offense.

It is obvious that despite its success last year McD does not think much of the blocking scheme they used. I think he thinks it has a low ceiling.

He did not bring back the OL coach or his assistant and went to a different scheme.

No, Andy Reid runs a chain of BBQ vocational schools. All the leaders of those schools have joined the Bills FO.

So that is why he has no interest in Kaep since he has gone vegan!

Why do people bring up Rex, most of his team is gone. The new regime is winning during a rebuild, which is impressive. They are probably surprised with the results so far.

Cause he is a lazy fat clown who screwed the bills players, fans, and owners for years

Edited by billsfan11