Matt Ryan: "Bills Mafia is real"

Big Turk

Matt Ryan was on a radio show Monday and he was asked if he noticed how many Bills fans were there. He said he did and was surprised and that "I guess the Bills Mafia is real..."

Haha, yeah we are real and if we have supported a team this well in a 17 year playoff drought, just imagine what is going to happen now when they appear to be turning the corner...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Bills Mafia born from? Love of the Bills or lack of jobs in Buffalo forcing relocation?

Funny I have had no issue finding well paying jobs here...

I think that was largely overblown. They are not "forced" to relocate...they want to either because they think they can make more money, better weather whatever. Sadly many find that isn't the case...Making an extra 20K and then paying double the mortgage for a smaller house, much higher food prices and having much worse commutes that eat up gas and an overall higher cost of living are leaving many to realize too late that net income is far more important than gross income...ie, many people would have more money left over in Buffalo than they do elsewhere...which is why a lot of people have been moving back lately...

Those jabs and snubs are largely false these days, but some people are still too blind to open their eyes up to reality. Buffalo is on the rise.

Edited by matter2003

Heck yeah, that's what we do. Lots of WNY transplants in the southeast, so we generally show up to games in that region with a solid contigent.

Atlanta fans are not happy about nobody in their stands though. There is debate as to whether it's too expensive or if people are in the shops and bars, but it really shucks home field advantaage from a team when fans aren't out there making noise.

God I hate the term Bills Mafia, but I guess once a name sticks.....

The stadium was filled with blue. I was in the upper deck and we were louder on defense than the Falcon's fans.

We dominated on the field and in the stands. Brought a tear to my eye.

Same here, it was amazing. Their crowd was pretty weak. Even when the Bills were on third down it didn't get very loud, well except for the Samuel L. Jackson video blasting. Their fans, pretty meh.

Maybe my favorite part of the day was after the game, there were a bunch of Bills fans near the tunnel the Bills players were leaving the field through. Watching the Bills players getting pumped up while Bills fans were going nuts was amazing. Also leaving the game and hearing the Shout song and general yelling and cheering the entire time was great.

Edited by elroy16

What is Bills Mafia born from? Love of the Bills or lack of jobs in Buffalo forcing relocation?

there's lots of high paying jobs. that myth is about as old as Buffalo gets a lot of snow. i used my snow blower 3 times last year

If you're curious as to where the actual term came from, I believe it stemmed from them signing Nick Barnett in 2011. He tweeted that he thought the fans up here were like a "mafia" and then that Del Reid fella turned it into a hashtag and it picked up steam from there. Del runs 26shirts.com, a charitable organization that creates Bills/Buffalo themed t-shirts with the proceeds going towards local families in need. In recent years they have extended into Pittsburgh and a few other cities, I think.

If you're curious as to where the actual term came from, I believe it stemmed from them signing Nick Barnett in 2011. He tweeted that he thought the fans up here were like a "mafia" and then that Del Reid fella turned it into a hashtag and it picked up steam from there. Del runs 26shirts.com, a charitable organization that creates Bills/Buffalo themed t-shirts with the proceeds going towards local families in need. In recent years they have extended into Pittsburgh and a few other cities, I think.

Actually started before them IIRC. Was after the SJ13 drop and the social medai firestorm of his "God" tweet , that is when Del and a few other fans started using the moniker.