Gilmore Article

Rigotz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/stephon-gilmore-makes-several-crucial-mistakes-in-new-england-patriots-loss-to-carolina-panthers

I rarely ever root against former Bills, but Gilmore was an exception.

Always pouting on the field ... always getting national media attention for being "elite" ... never producing.

Looks like he's still up to his "elite" ways in Boston as well:

FOXBORO -- If Stephon Gilmore was looking for a smooth transition from Buffalo to New England, he’s out of luck. The Patriots' newest and most expensive cornerback has found himself at the center of a maelstrom.

Week after week, every time you look up, it’s Gilmore who is either getting beat for a big play, in the general vicinity of a big play, or getting flagged for critical penalties that extend eventual scoring drives.

I don't root against Gilmore(though I do laugh when he gets roasted), but a lot of the tendencies he is showing there are the same he showed here. BUT, he did also seem to get better as the year went along. Let's hope this is not the case in NE. I hate the Pats, just as most of us do, so I hope they more fail in EPIC fashion as a team more so than Gilmore fails individually.

But I thought the Patriots had better Bills players than the Bills do? :lol:

Just ask the great Al Michaels. He was busy crowning the Patriots before any games were played.

Surprised Belichick doesn't just let Gilmore play press man and leave him on an island. That's how he plays best. Trying to get him to mix up coverages and play zone is asking for trouble.

That might be easiest for Gilmore, but I don't think he's good enough to shut down the top WRs in the league 1v1. Do you really think he could stop guys like Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr, AJ Green, etc. without help? I don't.

Edited by vincec

He is a secret agent, sent undercover to Patriot Place to sabotage their secondary so we can win the division. He will be back and get paid next year. :flirt:

This. I dont hate anyone over sports teams. Wish em the best but will laugh at backhanded compliments backfiring

Belicheat must have been experiencing early onset dementia.

For the good of the NFL they should do a CTE exam on him no matter what it takes.

But I thought the Patriots had better Bills players than the Bills do? :lol:

They do. Gillislee and Hogan. Gilmore was brought in to give training staff experience.

I just watched a replay of the Pats* game last night. Gilmour is still the same Gilmour.

Every time there is a tackle to be made in his area and another Patriot nearby as well, he backs off and lets someone else do the dirty work. He likes keep his jersey clean.

I've always thought Gilmore as a weak Neon Dieon and teams should run right at him.

For the good of the NFL they should do a CTE exam on him no matter what it takes.

They do. Gillislee and Hogan. Gilmore was brought in to give training staff experience.

I've always thought Gilmore as a weak Neon Dieon and teams should run right at him.

The only difference is Deion was one of THE BEST CB's to ever play this game. Not to mention he was electric with the ball in his hands. :thumbsup:

Im convinced you could pull me up on stage at a production of The Sound of Music and tell me to play one of the Von Trapp kids, and I could do a fake my way through the part of Leisl better than Gilmore did approximating a Patriots defensive back Sunday.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just remember all the folks here predictably crying when McDermott and company "let Gilmore walk for nothing", and then whined when we drafted 3D White: "Let your best players walk and then replace them with draft picks...rinse and repeat, spinning our wheels, etc." Amazing how many here pronounced McBeane a failure before the Bills had played A SINGLE GAME.

I just remember all the folks here predictably crying when McDermott and company "let Gilmore walk for nothing", and then whined when we drafted 3D White: "Let your best players walk and then replace them with draft picks...rinse and repeat, spinning our wheels, etc." Amazing how many here pronounced McBeane a failure before the Bills had played A SINGLE GAME.

Pre Beane