Gilmore Article

Rigotz

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/stephon-gilmore-makes-several-crucial-mistakes-in-new-england-patriots-loss-to-carolina-panthers

I rarely ever root against former Bills, but Gilmore was an exception.

Always pouting on the field ... always getting national media attention for being "elite" ... never producing.

Looks like he's still up to his "elite" ways in Boston as well:

Sounds familiar...good player for a lot of the game but was good for a blown coverage leading to a long TD almost once a game as well as untimely penalties

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/stephon-gilmore-makes-several-crucial-mistakes-in-new-england-patriots-loss-to-carolina-panthers

I rarely ever root against former Bills, but Gilmore was an exception.

Always pouting on the field ... always getting national media attention for being "elite" ... never producing.

Looks like he's still up to his "elite" ways in Boston as well:

I don't root against any player unless they are dirty. But I felt that Gilmore was not held accountable for broken coverage, poor tackling, and penalties in Buffalo.

That's a-gonna change in Foxboro. Do Your Job.

I don't particularly dislike him, but want him to fail simply because he is on the Pats. He's set for life with that contract, so he can ride off into the sunset.

Not upset we lost him though. He is almost always in the perfect position, but can't/won't play the ball and is downright afraid to tackle. His dispassionate attitude doesn't exactly endear him to the fanbase. either.

Unless the Pats defense turns things around, the Gilmore deal will certainly be looked at as one of Belichik's major miscalculation and mistakes during his long tenure with the Pats.

But this shouldn't be a surprise for most Bills fans that knew this guy was overrated and nowhere close to an elite player during his time with the Bills and give credit to Whaley/McD or whoever was smart enough to not even consider paying him big money to stay here.

I don't revel in what is going on with him now.

I revel in a team I hate, suffering because everyone thought they were geniuses for signing him for $65 million, and not having it work out.

Couldn't happen to a nicer front office.

Gilmore is a good player. He's not cutout for fancy defenses. He's a solid press man to man physical corner- great athlete with marginal hands.

As soon as you use him differently you're asking for disappointment. For the patsies it's an expensive disappointment.

"It's mean to root against him," someone will say.

Reply: (1) he badmouthed Buffalo on the way out. I will root against anyone who does that until they apologize

(2) Okay, I won't "root" against him, I will cheer for whomever he is covering and hope that person has a career day!

Couldn't happen to a nicer front office.

Gilmore is a good player. He's not cutout for fancy defenses. He's a solid press man to man physical corner- great athlete with marginal hands.

As soon as you use him differently you're asking for disappointment. For the patsies it's an expensive disappointment.

Agreed, but the annoying thing IS, Over 29, when he puts two good games together back to back everyone in the media is going to be all, "BELICHEK FIXED HIM! LOOK HOW HE'S BEEN ABLE TO TURN AROUND THIS CB (for 13 million dollars per) INTO A PRO BOWLER!!!!

...please note, if it isn't clear: I hate the Patriots.

Typical Random Point Person: "Oh, you! You're just jealous of their success!!"

Dollars 2 Donuts: "Didn't say I wasn't. I'm jealous over someone eating an ice cream sandwich. The thing is those sanctimonious @$$@$@^#@#%^@#%^ make it so darn easy to hate them for just...plain...being...douch**s."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I was a huge Gilmore fan up until last year. I didn't like his body language. I didn't see any the effort I was looking for, especially for a player in a contract year. Seemed like he was going through the motions and gave up on the team. Conjecture on my part but my opinion.

I actively root against him now. So happy to see this happening in New England, but also fully expect them to figure this out. I bet they'll be able to trade Gilmore for a 2nd rd pick this offseason and rid themselves of his contract

Seems he struggles in more exotic schemes. Same thing happened here. Ive never like guys who have players run through their zones unnoticed and when the ball is thrown looks back inside at the saftey. He did that 5 times last year. Now he is doing that in NE.