Activate PS, WR and or TRADE, Thoughts?

Gamache518

Next man up is fine if you have good depth. Why does a trade for a good WR make zero sense? There are three quarters of the season left to play.

And even if Matthews was healthy you could still use an upgrade at the receiver position. It's not like you are waiting on Julio Jones to come back from injury, Matthews is a nice player but he isn't going to completely jump start the passing game on his own. I think you have to see what your options are via trade.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Next man up is fine if you have good depth. Why does a trade for a good WR make zero sense? There are three quarters of the season left to play.

And even if Matthews was healthy you could still use an upgrade at the receiver position. It's not like you are waiting on Julio Jones to come back from injury, Matthews is a nice player but he isn't going to completely jump start the passing game on his own. I think you have to see what your options are via trade.

Have to agree with these comments. With three quarters of the season left to play, looking to upgrade your receiving corp can not be a bad thing. You have to at least look at what is out there. Matthews is decent but he isn't going to light anyone up week after week. He's more along the lines of a solid #2 receiver. You can bring up someone to fill the hole with releasing Powell but the only one close to Matthews in talent is probably Reily and he is not a #1 or #2 type receiver, he's a slot type guy. Boldin isn't the answer either. He already quit on us once, coming back just means he is only looking to collect a paycheck. If we hit a rough patch, he'll just quit again. I am no expert on the player from other teams, but I am sure there are several WR out there that are towards the end of thier contract that are on sub par teams right now. If you can get one at a decent price, I just don't see how this could be a bad thing...especially if he has some outside speed with some height.