We as fans are panicking over the WR position.......

njbuff

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fans are overreacting a little bit.

Yes, the Bills have virtually nothing at WR. But they had nothing the previous 4 games. At this point, I'm not sure it's really going to make a big difference.

1. Teams are already keying 100% on our running game. We are constantly facing 7-8 men in the box, so it's not really possible for defenses to focus even MORE on stopping our run game. Everybody knows we are going to run the ball 75% of the time, and this team's success will continue to ride on the shoulders of Lesean McCoy. Nothing changes.

2. Tyrod Taylor hasn't been throwing to the receivers much anyway. His main target has been Charles Clay, by a long shot. As I mentioned above, I don't see teams putting more emphasis on covering Clay (even with Jordan Matthews out), because they will still be focused primarily on McCoy. Nothing changes.

3. If the defense has a bad game, we are going to lose. Even with Matthews in the lineup. Even if we sign or trade for somebody. This team is not capable of getting in a shootout, so there is no point worrying about it. Just hope the defense continues to be strong each week. Nothing changes.

So the plan should be to just hope the defense can win every game and not try to improve the lackluster passing attack. Sounds like a great plan to finally end the drought. Great stuff.

But McBeane doesn't seem too concerned about it.

They even released Powell after his suspension was up.

How do you feel about it? Are we overreacting? Are they concerned behind the scenes?

Seems like Taylor is working with the same kind of WR corps as last year, but with a much more productive and healthy Clay.

If Beane and McD truly expect this team to be in the playoffs they can't realistically believe we are set at WR especially with the Matthews injury now in play.

So I do expect some sort of trade or move soon because we need help in the passing game especially with Zay Jones looking like a rookie WR.