[closed]Be Honest......

Sweats

Be honest here...........

How many of you thought the Bills were going to lose this one in typical "Bills" fashion?

How many times have we been there before and have it totally end bad.........a missed play, a missed tackle, a missed catch, etc.

I, for one, really thought the Bills were going to get shellacked by the Falcons and i don't mind admitting i was wrong.

Every time the Bills are put in a position to win the game within the last 2 minutes, i'm always thinking that the wheels are going to fall off and the team will choke somehow, but i'm learning that these Bills are not the Bills of yesteryear.......these Bills can flat out play with any team in the league AND compete.

I'm happy that the FO and coaching staff have finally committed this organisation to a winning culture.

Be honest.........how many of you thought the Bills were going to lose this one in typical Bills fashion?

Go Bills!!!

Yep. I hated not going for the TD late and the conservative run calls after that. Then I wanted to save time at the end as a ATL score appeared inevitable. Refs aren't going to call offensive penalties on the home team late unless they are blatant. I was waiting for a flag to come out on the final 4th down as it looked like T White grabbed some jersey. Shocked they didn't call it. I thought for sure disaster would strike. I'm not sure if they are different yet as they've had some good starts in the past. They've played very well, but seem offensively challenged. Love the 3-1 but I'm not convinced something is hugely different or inevitable to continue when literally one play or flag would have changed the outcome. File it in the W column and move on to the next game.

The affliction known as BBFS is hard to overcome.

It dies hard if at all. It's kind of like watching the end of a Pats game when the Pats are down and hoping against all hope that they won't score with just seconds left. Even though you know they will. Just in reverse. If it's a one score lead and the Bills opponent has the ball, the feeling of inevitability is eerily similar. I always want a two score lead late.Kind of like disaster insurance

I felt before the game that we had a chance to win if our D played extremely well and Tyrod continued with his play from the week before. At the end of the game on Atlantas final drive I felt like the D was going to win the day, but that was because of the way they played throughout. I actually thought they would have ended it by midfield and I did get nervous when they got that first down in the redzone.

The affliction known as BBFS is hard to overcome.

Indeed. The last two weeks almost seem surreal to me. I fully expected us to blow both leads. We did the exact opposite and we were the beneficiary of the calls for obce. I'll take it, but am not confident enough yet that we are past our previous woes exhibited in games past. :thumbsup:

It dies hard if at all. It's kind of like watching the end of a Pats game when the Pats are down and hoping against all hope that they won't score with just seconds left. Even though you know they will. Just in reverse. If it's a one score lead and the Bills opponent has the ball, the feeling of inevitability is eerily similar. I always want a two score lead late.Kind of like disaster insurance

Hate to say it, and its obvious, but the Pats and Brady are incredible at that. Both of the last two weeks the Bills game ended a little before the Pats game did. A week ago, when Brady got the ball before the last drive, I thought to myself, unbelievable, he is going to do this AGAiN. I expected it. And he did it. When I saw them down by 14 in the fourth I totally expected them to tie it and then win in overtime. I was very surprised they lost a game when they were down 14 late, and the did tie it before losing. It's ridiculous, cheaters or not.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I left the Bills bar I was at with about 1:50 on the clock and Atlanta driving. I walked slowly around the block. Came back it was over and I was happy because I felt like I saved myself from a heart attack and we won. I'm the Sgt. Murtaugh of Bills fans- I'm TOFTS.

Honestly, I thought the Bills could win before the game began, & would win once they took the lead in the second half.

Not so much because of them, but I just have never had any respect for the Falcons at all & my disdain grew after last year's Super Bowl, no heart whatsoever.

Hate to say it, and its obvious, but the Pats and Brady are incredible at that. Both of the last two weeks the Bills game ended a little before the Pats game did. A week ago, when Brady got the ball before the last drive, I thought to myself, unbelievable, he is going to do this AGAiN. I expected it. And he did it. When I saw them down by 14 in the fourth I totally expected them to tie it and then win in overtime. I was very surprised they lost a game when they were down 14 late, and the did tie it before losing. It's ridiculous, cheaters or not.

Agree 100% I hate it too. There's nothing I hate more in football, actually. I just can't think of the AFC East as winnable until I actually see Brady drop off. Their defense is playing terribly right now and I still think they'll just win a lot of high scoring games in the end. It's very frustrating after 16 years. It's gone on far longer than any other NFL dynasty type situation I can think of and the demise is way overdue .

Be honest here...........

How many of you thought the Bills were going to lose this one in typical "Bills" fashion?

How many times have we been there before and have it totally end bad.........a missed play, a missed tackle, a missed catch, etc.

I, for one, really thought the Bills were going to get shellacked by the Falcons and i don't mind admitting i was wrong.

Every time the Bills are put in a position to win the game within the last 2 minutes, i'm always thinking that the wheels are going to fall off and the team will choke somehow, but i'm learning that these Bills are not the Bills of yesteryear.......these Bills can flat out play with any team in the league AND compete.

I'm happy that the FO and coaching staff have finally committed this organisation to a winning culture.

Be honest.........how many of you thought the Bills were going to lose this one in typical Bills fashion?

Go Bills!!!

Well there were a bunch of people in the shout box who declared game over (as in we lose) even when adding points. For instance, several people declared we will lose now when we got 3 on the goal line instead of a TD.

There should be many people with their hands raised in this thread.

I on the other hand repeatedly posted all over this board that I firmly believed the Bills would beat the Falcons and maintained that stance through out the game in the shout box.

I ate crow though when I thought Denver was going to beat us handidly based on how our offense played week 2 and how good the Denver D and offense had been. But I came out of that game believing in our D and seeing encouraging improvements on offense and felt good going into the Atlanta game. I think we have a real shot of winning going 3-1 or 4-0 over our next 4 games too.