Top five reasons for the 3-1 start - in order

I assume many of us have a different hierarchy of what has been the most important elements to our unexpected success.

It includes entire units, single players, coaches and front office.

Just for an exercise, please list your personal top five. Include reasons if you like.

Mine are:

1. Coach McD, who has won me over, for his getting the players ready and on the same page and producing on all three phases.

2. The defense as a whole. Incredible as a unit with all three sub-units producing.

3. Hauschka. Tough choice but both of the last two wins had a lot to do with phenomenal kicking.

4. Tyrod. With no real run game and no real weapons he's been great. Not overall great. Just relative great.

5. The DBs as a unit. Really tough choice. Front seven have helped tremendously. All four individually have been very good. Tre as a rookie; sheesh. Micah has been our best player I think.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I assume many of us have a different hierarchy of what has been the most important elements to our unexpected success.

Just for an exercise, please list your personal top five. Include reasons if you like.

Mine are:

1. Coach McD, who has won me over, for his getting the players ready and on the same page and producing on all three phases.

2. The defense as a whole. Incredible as a unit with all three sub-units producing.

3. Hauschka. Tough choice but both of the last two wins had a lot to do with phenomenal kicking.

4. Tyrod. With no real run game and no real weapons he's been great. Not overall great. Just relative great.

5. The DBs as a unit. Really tough choice. Front seven have helped tremendously. All four individually have been very good. Tre as a rookie; sheesh. Micah has been our best player I think.

Got to agree with this. Mcd has won me over too in this early season. It is a different feel, there is no more blown assignments or the defense looking confused, or the stupid penalties that we had last year. I am not saying they don't have their shortcomings, but the defense is going to keep us in most games this year. Hauschka has obviously been a major upgrade from Carp & that is huge too especially since the league has so much parody. They are gong to have a tough choice concerning Taylor at the end of the year, his play the last 2 weeks has been terrific imo.

We wouldn't still have him - we'd have someone other than haushka. Carp was 5-11 on FGs longer than 40, missed 5 XPs, and was one of worst kickoff kickers in the NFL when we didn't carry a 2nd kicker.

One of the reasons the Seahags didn't try harder to keep Hauschka was because he missed six extra points last year and four the year before. But he's been a very reliable kicker overall.

#1- luck

#2- going back to a 4-3 defense

#3- not to bad on the injuries

#4- coaching

#5- turning roster over to high charachter guys

Luck for sure. Although I think most fans believe in general you make your own luck and the fact we haven't made a lot of mistakes directly correlates to that luck.

Injuries or lack thereof has helped for sure. This coming week will be a test. Going back to the 4-3 I think has to be attributed to coaching period.

Micah and Poyer were brilliant acquisitions. Reminds me of when Rex said "we won the offseason." This time maybe it's true.

For my money the SuperBowl Bills became the best team in football when they traded for Cornelius Bennett. With any luck we'll look back in a few years and say that the signing of Micah and Poyer was when the Bills turned the corner.

I hope I don't ever regret writing this post

#1. Coaching - Getting the players prepared for each game and putting them in the right spots to get wins. Many of the players have mentioned how much different the process of preparation has been with the new coaching staff.

#2. Defense as a whole - Switching back to the 4-3 and the defense has been playing tight, fast, stingy D.

#3. Hushcka has definitely made a difference. Special Teams as a whole really is vastly improved over last year.

#4. Turnovers

#5. Can't believe I am saying this but I will say the refereeing. We have gotten some calls that have gone our way in a few games that really have made a difference in either keeping momentum in our favor or gave us the shot of momentum we've needed.

Mine are:

Very impressed with the job the coaching staff is doing. They've really turned this team around.

Kudos to Les Frazier. As much as I can't stand the bend but don't break approach, he's got them making it work

Hausch- money is a major upgrade over Carpenter

Time to get off TT's back. So what if it ain't pretty, he's getting the job done

The revamped secondary is an upgrade over last year's group (Gilmore who?). Tre white is very good already, Gaines is solid, Dr Poyer & Mr Hyde are a hell of a safety combination. Both look like pro bowlers.

Things are finally looking up :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!!!!

Edited by BmarvB