Rex Ryan was a great coach!

Being the defensive mastermind he is, he took a Bills defense ranked #2 on at least one metric and brought it down to the twenties.

His rotational captaincy made player leadership a joke.

He was bombastic but could rarely deliver on his promises.

He had a little trouble calling timeouts.

He had a little trouble with challenges despite having a chaplain to advise him.

But.....

At least he made Stephon Gilmore look halfway decent, no? Doesnt that make him better than a future HOF coach with a hoodie?

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

Being the defensive mastermind he is, he took a Bills defense ranked #2 on at least one metric and brought it down to the twenties.

His rotational captaincy made player leadership a joke.

He was bombastic but could rarely deliver on his promises.

But.....

At least he made Stephon Gilmore look halfway decent, no? Doesnt that make him better than a future HOF coach with a hoodie?

Umm...no, he didn't. It was Aaron Williams who made Gilmore look halfway decent, probably due to a talent for translating defensive calls from English to potato head for Gilmore.

Rex destroyed our D and there is no other way to see it = his dismiss

Rex did do something interesting with our O running game.

Love our current D back to old form pre Rex. Wish to have that running game back again though. If the two were gelled right now (15and16 O and current D) I'd say deep playoff push, maybe even SB.

Edited by Real McCoy

Umm...no, he didn't. It was Aaron Williams who made Gilmore look halfway decent, probably due to a talent for translating defensive calls from English to potato head for Gilmore.

I really laughed out loud. I truly think that we all thought Gilmore was just quiet and introspective. The strong silent type. Turns out he was just a dumb ogre relying solely on his physical prowess. Edited by Billschinatown